Daniel Jones

To get out of this division, Megson is going to have to be ruthless - no more sticking with poor players because of reputation, or because they 'might' come good, or because they came through our youth setup. There's going to be players moved out in the summer and not everyone's going to agree with who goes and who stays.

I think Buxton is one on which most people will agree should stay - he should be first choice RB however and if Jones or Reynolds can't show a serious improvement, we need a new LB.

Really surprised with him today- thought he was excellent defensively in the first half got a lot of blocks in on crosses but then he moved onto the right wing. Never looked comfortable never took a player on or ran with the ball into the space ahead of him. Hardly ever gave Buxton an out ball then got a solid round of applause when he went off- bizarre. If he had a ruck with Megson then he certainly never looked today like he wanted to prove a point.

He was ALWAYS 10-15 yards from their man, then was always desperatelt runnning across to try and stop crosses.

Same as he has always played for us.

I made a thread last week, asking for him to be given a chance.

He had his chance today and wasted it. Terrible.

thought exactly the same. has the skills to make a decent player..unfortunately not the application/approach/attitude

Edited by brian joicey

That collision first half knocked him for 6, could see him hobbling about afterwards and especially when he was taken off.

Would like to see him given another go.

THIS^^^^^^ He did take a nasty knock in that challenge, I think with a good run in the team and some better service he is one of our better prospects, looks good going forward, can defend and fast.....

Guest Sniper1

1 game.

1 poor game and we want rid, Im not going to start making things up about attitude, desire etc, he's got it him to be a good footballer

we just haven't seen it enough and its not all his own fault.

Guest Sniper1

thought exactly the same. has the skills to make a decent player..unfortunately not the application/approach/attitude

Sorry but how on earth do any of you know this after one game where he clearly picked up a knock?

Jon Otsemobor was shocking against Huddersfield when he came back from injury the first time, he's been one of our better players recently

and looks a class above.

Guest JonTheOwl66

1 poor game and we want rid, Im not going to start making things up about attitude, desire etc, he's got it him to be a good footballer

:cool:

Guest JonTheOwl66

That collision first half knocked him for 6, could see him hobbling about afterwards and especially when he was taken off.

Would like to see him given another go.

Why did I get a minus? Because people can't accept an opinion? He clearly picked up a knock, couldn't shake it off and struggled. End of.

Needs another game before we decide his 'fate'.

Guest Sniper1

Erm, Daniel Jones has started 21 games this season and come off the bench in 11 others (that's 32 appearances in total, maths fans).

In comparison, Mark Reynolds has only started 8, with no sub appearances.

I also find it quite ironic that you bemoan others for singling out individual players after an awful season from everyone, yet appear to write off players like Reynolds who has barely had a chance to show what he can do at SWFC so far.

Of what ive seen of Mark Reynolds he's a lightweight but quick CB, he's never going to be a left back he's got a shocking touch and his distribution is horrendous.

ps i would love to see him a right wing so i can judge him correctly as a left back :rolleyes:

simpletons.

Edited by Sniper1

I agree with what you're saying.

I remember Jones' performance in the Bristol Rovers game, and he was brilliant. Showed desire, pace, directness and a real quality on the ball. That game showed every fan there that day, the potential this kid has got.

But how many times have we seen that potential? Not enough.

Is it all down to Jones? No, of course not. He hasn't had a run of games, and was unexplicably overlooked behind Tommy Spurr at left back at the start of the season. He's been shifted about between left back, left wing and right wing. It's clearly not going to help a young player trying to prove himself in the game.

However, is Jones blameless? Absolutely not. And yesterdays performance typified why he's not. Players aren't going to play well every game. Players are going to play at their best less when played infrequently, spontaneously and in many different players. But every single player can give 100%, 100% of the time. And there's no arguement about his attitude and work-rate yesterday...awful.

I hope he stays and turns his career here around. But I fear after seeing his performance yesterday. He knows, just like we all do, what Megson demands. If you put yourself about, show desire and give 100% in every single minute of every single game, then you'll succeed here. If you don't, then you'll be out of the door as quick as you came in.

Unfortunately, I think Megson will see his performance yesterday and not accept it. It's a shame because potentially I think he could be a real star...but failing to apply the absolute minimum in a competitive game is inexcusable. If he gets the boot, he can feel hard done by...but he can have few complaints.

Guest Sniper1

I agree with what you're saying.

I remember Jones' performance in the Bristol Rovers game, and he was brilliant. Showed desire, pace, directness and a real quality on the ball. That game showed every fan there that day, the potential this kid has got.

But how many times have we seen that potential? Not enough.

Is it all down to Jones? No, of course not. He hasn't had a run of games, and was unexplicably overlooked behind Tommy Spurr at left back at the start of the season. He's been shifted about between left back, left wing and right wing. It's clearly not going to help a young player trying to prove himself in the game.

However, is Jones blameless? Absolutely not. And yesterdays performance typified why he's not. Players aren't going to play well every game. Players are going to play at their best less when played infrequently, spontaneously and in many different players. But every single player can give 100%, 100% of the time. And there's no arguement about his attitude and work-rate yesterday...awful.

I hope he stays and turns his career here around. But I fear after seeing his performance yesterday. He knows, just like we all do, what Megson demands. If you put yourself about, show desire and give 100% in every single minute of every single game, then you'll succeed here. If you don't, then you'll be out of the door as quick as you came in.

Unfortunately, I think Megson will see his performance yesterday and not accept it. It's a shame because potentially I think he could be a real star...but failing to apply the absolute minimum in a competitive game is inexcusable. If he gets the boot, he can feel hard done by...but he can have few complaints.

Agree totally, like i said earlier some of our players have played regular football this season and some last season and have been shocking alot worse than Daniel Jones.

1 suspect game shouldn't get this response.

ps are all you f'kers getting on his back 30 stone, bald, ugly ba'tards because this reaction is more than just about one performance.

You ugly c'nts. :biggrin:

Agree totally, like i said earlier some of our players have played regular football this season and some last season and have been shocking alot worse than Daniel Jones.

1 suspect game shouldn't get this response.

ps are all you f'kers getting on his back 30 stone, bald, ugly ba'tards because this reaction is more than just about one performance.

You ugly c'nts. :biggrin:

You got me 2 outta 3 mate...

Nah, he had his chance to get on the ball in his preferred position.

He was terrible mate. He's not for us.

I agree mate. He's had a chance at left back, he was way short of being good enough defensively.

The point I was trying to make in my original post, is that he's a left back (whether he's poor or not), he can also occasionally play left wing (as better attributes suited to be a left winger), it wasn't easy or him to impress on the right wing. It's totally different to playing his favoured side, out of position.

However, and this is a major problem, there seemed to be a massive lack of effort to even attempt to play right wing. Which is disappointing.

The least you expect, especially when given a chance, is to work hard and put 100% effort in. (which Megson said on his programme notes). He didn't, I don't think. (although he did seem to blowing out of arse after 20 mins).

Failed miserably and I think he could well be on the way out in the summer.