Gary Megson

Ok, im not going to talk about Tactics, Selections or anything else.

After an incident last night I realised that gary megson is, effectively, a bully. After 6 minutes a Brentford player went down with an injury (something that was a recurring theme for the night!) and the Sports Science / Fitness coach (not sure what he actually is) put out the two lots of drinks near the edge of the pitch, just in case the players want a drink.

Megson turns round, sees them kicks them over and turns on the Coach for being so stupid, "they've only been playing 6 minutes, the don't need a flippingdrink" calling him all the names under the sun. Coach sits down.

Not content, Megson stands there muttering to himself, shaking his head. Two mins later goes back to the bench - I assumed he was going to apologise for over-reacting.

But no. He leans over and carries on having a go at him, getting right in his face. Then walks away, still muttering to himself.

Couple of minutes after this, goes back to the Coach. "Ah" thinks I, "maybe he's going to apologise this time".

But no. He leans over again, to berate the poor fellow AGAIN only this time, he angrily points to his watch as if the guy didn't get the first time that only 6 minutes had gone.

If this is how he acts to some of his own staff, is it really any wonder that most of the squad seem to be completely bereft of confidence? How would everyone here react having a shouting bully as a boss? I know that I'd resent him, and would have zero motivation to actually do a good job, but thats because I don't have a large ego or lots of confidence. If I did, I wouldn't respect him at all and wouldnt listen to what he actually wanted me to do - I'd see him as a bit of a joke.

Add the two together, and you have effectively lost the entire dressing room. Madness.

Ok, im not going to talk about Tactics, Selections or anything else.After an incident last night I realised that gary megson is, effectively, a bully. After 6 minutes a Brentford player went down with an injury (something that was a recurring theme for the night!) and the Sports Science / Fitness coach (not sure what he actually is) put out the two lots of drinks near the edge of the pitch, just in case the players want a drink.Megson turns round, sees them kicks them over and turns on the Coach for being so stupid, "they've only been playing 6 minutes, the don't need a flippingdrink" calling him all the names under the sun. Coach sits down.Not content, Megson stands there muttering to himself, shaking his head. Two mins later goes back to the bench - I assumed he was going to apologise for over-reacting.But no. He leans over and carries on having a go at him, getting right in his face. Then walks away, still muttering to himself.Couple of minutes after this, goes back to the Coach. "Ah" thinks I, "maybe he's going to apologise this time".But no. He leans over again, to berate the poor fellow AGAIN only this time, he angrily points to his watch as if the guy didn't get the first time that only 6 minutes had gone.If this is how he acts to some of his own staff, is it really any wonder that most of the squad seem to be completely bereft of confidence? How would everyone here react having a shouting bully as a boss? I know that I'd resent him, and would have zero motivation to actually do a good job, but thats because I don't have a large ego or lots of confidence. If I did, I wouldn't respect him at all and wouldnt listen to what he actually wanted me to do - I'd see him as a bit of a joke.Add the two together, and you have effectively lost the entire dressing room. Madness.

Exactly right - when Megson arrived he inherited a squad simply brimming with confidence. It's Megson's bully boy tactics that have ruined our team's confidence and turend our promotion chasing form under Irvine into relegation form. Simply not good enough.

All the evidence points to this, the problem is that it is now irrevocable!

The players won't play for him or themselves so we are really fooked!!

I really wanted megson to be a success but he has ruined it for himself by being an angry fan too early. Such a shame.

Milan has a difficult decision to make very soon!

awww bless the poor players have an angry boss....welcome to the real flippingworld. If they'd performed better under Mr Nice guy Irvine maybe he'd still be here....

A nice flippant response there. Your second point does have merit in that if they played better then Irvine would still be there.

Im not saying that players should be pampered and coddled and have their backside's wiped for them, but Megson goes too far the other way.

1 - 0 down from a free header after 6 minutes - I was calmness personified.

Unfortunately the water boy was just in the wrong place at the wrong time as often happens in a situation like that.

To be honest I don't mind the players having a hard time they've given me enough of one over the past two years.

All the evidence points to this, the problem is that it is now irrevocable!

The players won't play for him or themselves so we are really fooked!!

I really wanted megson to be a success but he has ruined it for himself by being an angry fan too early. Such a shame.

if you think that's all the problem is, then the answer is quite simple...gardening leave for megson...and the very easy going macauley in charge...problem solved...NEXT...

No he doesn't. He has to put his hands up and admit he's made a wrong selection with Megson and allow him to leave S6. The players are a disgrace (and we can't realistically sack them - not until the summer anyway), but Megson isn't helping the situation - infact, he's making it 10 times worse.

Guest AnotherOwl

Given the players were just as bad under Alan Irvine, who came across too nice, I doubt gary megson's more stern way of dealing with them is the problem.

Agreed.

We have tried everything we these players over the last 1 - 2 years.

I don't condone bullying at all. But the fate of Wednesday is in the players' hands - no one else's.

Edited by AnotherOwl

Given the players were just as bad under Alan Irvine, who came across too nice, I doubt gary megson's more stern way of dealing with them is the problem.

The issue for me is that at least under Irvine we had a few decent displays of good football, but we were just too inconsistant and defensive lapses cost us.

Can anyone really say that we have put in one decent performance since Gary arrived?

Guest SPURTt

if you think that's all the problem is, then the answer is quite simple...gardening leave for megson...and the very easy going macauley in charge...problem solved...NEXT...

Lets all chuck a tenner in a tin , to pay him up and roger him off .

I can't believe the crap people put on here sometimes about the players. These flipping players at the start of the season were tipped to gain automatic promotion to the Championship not languish in the depths of league 1. None of them have the testicles to grasp the game and take control and come on 6 minutes in and they want a drink? people will be complaining next that he wouldn't let them go to the toilet after 20 minutes. I feel pissed off watching the crap that is put out in front of me but I keep coming back with blind faith hoping its going to get better so gods knows what Megson goes through when he constantly watches players who turn up to training in their fancy cars which are the rewards for their successes at screwing clubs for all they can get cannot pass to a player 5 yards away. Bring on Colchester

Guest pops55

Ive heard he has completly lost the dressing room telling Coke and THE RADIATOR they will not play again i can't understand the logic behind this, tell them at the end of the season. D jones out and about in sheffield telling anyone who wants to listen that if Megsons there at the end of the season he's leaving. I know we don't need players with this kind of attitude, however, it seems clear that they are not interested in playing for him and that hes self- distructing.

Guest totemowl

I can't believe the crap people put on here sometimes about the players. These flipping players at the start of the season were tipped to gain automatic promotion to the Championship not languish in the depths of league 1. None of them have the testicles to grasp the game and take control and come on 6 minutes in and they want a drink? people will be complaining next that he wouldn't let them go to the toilet after 20 minutes. I feel pissed off watching the crap that is put out in front of me but I keep coming back with blind faith hoping its going to get better so gods knows what Megson goes through when he constantly watches players who turn up to training in their fancy cars which are the rewards for their successes at screwing clubs for all they can get cannot pass to a player 5 yards away. Bring on Colchester

Well said.

What a tail of s OP this was. We go 1-0 down and the sports scientist offers our players their reward for all that work they've put in, after 6 minutes! No wonder we're in the poo .