Gary Megson

Guest totemowl

What sort of evidence are you looking for? Your unwavering support for this blustering bully is admirable but misguided

You've got nothing, again, to back up your claims.

I might not have got unwavering support. But I don't resort to fiction to try and undermine those that I don't rate.

Try voicing your opinion if you've got nothing else.

The issue for me is that at least under Irvine we had a few decent displays of good football, but we were just too inconsistant and defensive lapses cost us.

Can anyone really say that we have put in one decent performance since Gary arrived?

Can anyone say that we've put in a decent performance since MM arrived, but no one in their right mind would want MM out.

Many posters on this site accuse GM of being a bully, being too hard on the players. How do we know this is fact? Is it because one poster said it was so and then wrote FACT!

I suspect that there are two camps amongst the players, those who want to ply for SWFC & those who don't. Take the ringleaders from the don't want to play group and suspend / ban them from the ground. We are now in a relegation fight, they have not been nor will not be of any use to the cause. Drastic times = drastic measures. If anything GM has not been tough enough. These players are paid to do a job, they should do that job to the very best of their ability.

True. But what happens if your Boss constantly shouts and screams at you, all the time, even for small issues, ALL the way through the game?

If your boss locks the toilet door and hides the key because you've only been at work for half an hour, is this going to have a positive effect on staff morale and productivity? There are plenty of valid issues to sort out with this group of underachieving wastrels, but Megson needs to pick his fights if he is going to win the war.

Guest Hirsty's Gut

Megson has a history of bad man-management,arrogance and a knack of rubbing fans and players up the wrong way. It's no coincidence that nearly every club he's managed hes ended up being hated. Speaking to a forest mate of mine a few months ago and it's mad how much he hates Megson. Stories of fans trying to fight with him there, other horror stories from Leicester,Bolton etc. He warned me when we appointed him it's bad news, and I told him don't worry, he's a wednesdayite and he'll be good for us.

Now iv completely changed my mind. He's causing our already fragile club to self destruct. He came in when,although Milan had saved us financially, the club was in a poor state. And he's somehow destroying SWFC. I know players need to take some blame, but surely there's summat fundamentally wrong since megson took over. It's blatantly clear that he's falling out with players and can't handle some of our bigger personalities in the squad. He can't get the players to play for him whatsoever. He seems clueless with his team selections week in week out. 4-5 changes every game.players playin 1 week, not even making the squad next game, then thrown back into the first team totally out of position the next game. It's madness.

I know I'm being pessimistic but this ship is sinking and I think mesons taking us down.

Guest intercity0wl

Megson seems like a total arrogant bellend to be honest. Wrong manager at the flipping wrong time. Get rid ASAP.

Right Manager at the right time to stop US being dragged down any further, give the players some home truths and get shut, after all he is only teling em the truth, that they ARE USELESS.

Megson is too nasty because he shouts at the players and calls them poo poo when Brentford's reserves (they rested about 5 players) are playing us off the park with more than 60% possession.

Do me a favour.

Megson might be a nasty nobhead, but the players were f**king poo poo under nice guy Alan so they can't hide behind ''well if only we had a nice, supportive manager'' as an excuse because they already cost one his job too.

The amount of plays interviews under Irvine which they basically stared they were right behind him, thing are Woking on trainin ground etc.

Under megson, not one interview like this. Speaks volumes

Yeah they were behind him so much that they got him the sack...just like they were behind him last season when they got us relegated...you've seen with your own eyes what they are doing now...you don't need to be a flipping detective to spot the flipping clue...the players are weeing on our club REGARDLESS of who the manager is

Megson has a history of bad man-management,arrogance and a knack of rubbing fans and players up the wrong way. It's no coincidence that nearly every club he's managed hes ended up being hated. Speaking to a forest mate of mine a few months ago and it's mad how much he hates Megson. Stories of fans trying to fight with him there, other horror stories from Leicester,Bolton etc. He warned me when we appointed him it's bad news, and I told him don't worry, he's a wednesdayite and he'll be good for us.

Now iv completely changed my mind. He's causing our already fragile club to self destruct. He came in when,although Milan had saved us financially, the club was in a poor state. And he's somehow destroying SWFC. I know players need to take some blame, but surely there's summat fundamentally wrong since megson took over. It's blatantly clear that he's falling out with players and can't handle some of our bigger personalities in the squad. He can't get the players to play for him whatsoever. He seems clueless with his team selections week in week out. 4-5 changes every game.players playin 1 week, not even making the squad next game, then thrown back into the first team totally out of position the next game. It's madness.

I know I'm being pessimistic but this ship is sinking and I think mesons taking us down.

So its Megson is it...what about Irvine who the players were fully behind...Yeah they were behind him so much that they got him the sack...just like they were behind him last season when they got us relegated...you've seen with your own eyes what they are doing now...you don't need to be a flipping detective to spot the flipping clue...the players are weeing on our club REGARDLESS of who the manager is

Does anyone have any better ideas for dealing with an overpaid but unsackable bunch of ballbags who don't seem to be motivated by pride, a sense of duty, or the sizeable amounts of cash which makes its way from the pockets of our long suffering supporters into their bank accounts each payday?

Edited by Wise_Owl

Guest Willie Henderson

Megson is too nasty because he shouts at the players and calls them poo poo when Brentford's reserves (they rested about 5 players) are playing us off the park with more than 60% possession.

Do me a favour.

Megson might be a nasty nobhead, but the players were f**king poo poo under nice guy Alan so they can't hide behind ''well if only we had a nice, supportive manager'' as an excuse because they already cost one his job too.

THIS ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Guest intercity0wl

maybe they're trying to get him sacked?

didn't that happen at forest?

He inherited exactly the same at Forest as he has here, players living on reputations who could not give a throw for the club. would we rarther back these players or the manager in trying to get shut of what we all say is the biggest single problem with this club at the moment ?.

Guest jimmyowl77

Honestly, arguing about re-hydrating, players playing for the shirt is completely irrelevant.

The story was only there to highlight the Manager's reaction - like I have said NO PLAYERS ACTUALLY CAME OVER FOR A DRINK.

Unlike when we equalised, pretty sure it was Spurr who ran up to the bench for a drink and Megson took the bottle off of him and told him to get back on the pitch (not in a nice way either)

:biggrin:

What do you want video evidence, has Coke or Johnson played recently or for that matter Jones.I know this to be true Coke and Jones told not to travel last Sat so were out in Sheffield, however, if you don't want to beleive please yourself.

But you only had to watch the game last night to see the players are scared stiff of him, sorry i love Megson as a player be as a manager i feel he has to go.

sorry for picking on your post fella but why does he have to go, too many of our fans are into this short termism b**locks that got us here in the first place, asking for a manager to leave after such a short time in the job suggests panic, inpatience and sorry to say a lack of footballing/business intelligence, stability breeds success, yes its a cliche but its true. football is a business now, MM sees this as a business and changing managers wont get us anywhere, hence partly why MM wants to shed the hire and fire tag, ergo giving AI more time than he usually would

you ever stopped to consider hyperthetically speaking like an earlier poster has stated about been at a job and your boss constantly shouting at you would you be motivated to work?. . . but what if you knew the chances are you was leaving, that coupled with the fact that you actually dont actually care about the place you work, your boss can be as nice or as nasty as he wants, and if you dont give a sh!t about your job you will still not may work to your full potential. but you will have the professional curtosy to carry out your job unlike the players are doing now, the fact is the mentality of the players at the club is totally wrong and they genuinely dont seem to care, the problem is the few players that do have the heart and desire eg JOC arent really good enough to get into the first XI and probably shouldnt be playing for this club if it was based on performance and talent.

MM has made his choice and its up to you whether you agree with it or not, above is just my opinion on the matter MM has a business plan for the Long term and hopefully we only have one manager that will bring in the players with the right mentality and desire and kick on from there, then maybe just maybe the poisonous atmosphere that is Hillsborough will evaporate and we can all get back to happy clapping :biggrin:

Given the players were just as bad under Alan Irvine, who came across too nice, I doubt gary megson's more stern way of dealing with them is the problem.

they werent tho ,,

under irvine we had won10 drawn 5 lost 11(not including a very good cup run)

and now under megson

won 2 drawn 3 lost 8

so to say they were "just as bad" is factually innacurate

Look i didn't mean to come across all aggresive but i cant get my head around our home perfomances, but from what i,ve heard and seen especially last night you don't need to be top coach to see these players aren't interested in playing for Megson.

Im not saying thats all his fault but his man managent skills seem limited to all stick and no carrot. I also realise that the contracts they are on should be carrot enough but you could see last night they were scared to death to attempt to make a pass.

i think most of us have worked in places where you have a real wee wee tail of a manager,who really gets on youre back

personally it really makes me scared to make mistakes,i end up a dithering wreck,scared that im going to do something "wrong"

is its no surpirse they look scared to pass it,and they look well short of confidence

confidence is a huge part of any sport or job,,and at the moment,any confidence has been totally erroded

Do me a favour.

I'm afraid principles can be very expensive. The players may well need a right bollocking, but the objective now is to avoid the 4th Division. This constant bollocking is obviously not working. He needs to pick a team, tell them that injuries aside this is the best 11 he has, and they will play every game until the end of the season. Arm round the shoulder time. They may, just may, gain some confidence from that, and get us the few precious points we need.

And then in the summer give em the biggest bollocking ever, and get rid of as many as possible.