Gary Megson

Ive heard he has completly lost the dressing room telling Coke and THE RADIATOR they will not play again i can't understand the logic behind this, tell them at the end of the season. D jones out and about in sheffield telling anyone who wants to listen that if Megsons there at the end of the season he's leaving. I know we don't need players with this kind of attitude, however, it seems clear that they are not interested in playing for him and that hes self- distructing.

People keep saying Megson has lost the dressing room but I've yet to hear any evidence to suggest it's actaully true. If anyone has any I'd be interested to hear it.

I would also like to know why everyone seems to think the current plight of our team is somehow Megson's fault. We were awful under Irvine and remain so under Megson. Yes he hasn't elicted a positive repsonse but he can hardly be blamed for the situation we are in. People will have their own opinions on whether he can turn us around but I think it's unfair for him to be blamed for the horrible mess he inherited.

Edit - I agree the water bottle incident seems a bit strange

Edited by NorthernOwl

This does have the makings of a disaster.

When Irvine was in charge it was 'the players have got it easy, they show no desire, they need a rocket up their arse'. Now Megson is here it's 'they're being bullied, they won't respond'. What exactly WILL the players respond to?

If they stopped for a moment and realised that the club is not the manager, and not the chairman, but it's the fans they're playing for, it might make a difference. Personal issues at Sheffield Wednesday have cost us dear in recent years.

Saying that, however, the incident above stinks of a man who's looking for a scapegoat/outlet for his own frustrations. This team has the capability to ride this league, it was doing so, then it got diluted and led in another direction totally. If another manager isn't the answer, I don't know what is.

I can't believe the crap people put on here sometimes about the players. These flipping players at the start of the season were tipped to gain automatic promotion to the Championship not languish in the depths of league 1. None of them have the testicles to grasp the game and take control and come on 6 minutes in and they want a drink? people will be complaining next that he wouldn't let them go to the toilet after 20 minutes. I feel pissed off watching the crap that is put out in front of me but I keep coming back with blind faith hoping its going to get better so gods knows what Megson goes through when he constantly watches players who turn up to training in their fancy cars which are the rewards for their successes at screwing clubs for all they can get cannot pass to a player 5 yards away. Bring on Colchester

I think you got the wrong end of the stick there - no players came accross for a drink, the coach just put them out in case.

We all feel pissed off at the players, and we want to rant at them. That is our perrogative as a fans.

The problem is, so does Gary! Like I outlined above, players who have slightly shakey confidence go to pieces, and the confident ones just wont respect him. Either way, the Manager has a set of players that either can't, or won't play for him.

Well said.

What a tail of s OP this was. We go 1-0 down and the sports scientist offers our players their reward for all that work they've put in, after 6 minutes! No wonder we're in the poo .

Water is used to rehydrate athletes, they perform better when not dehydrated. Water should not be used as a form of reward!

I am not sure I consider all our players to be athletes but that is another matter! We lost last night for many reasons, non of these reasons will be alleviated by denying players a chance to rehydrate.

Do Sheffield Wednesday still operate in the dark ages?!

Guest pops55

People keep saying Megson has lost the dressing room but I've yet to hear any evidence to suggest it's actaully true. If anyone has any I'd be interested to hear it.

I would also like to know why everyone seems to think the current plight of our team is somehow Megson's fault. We were awful under Irvine and remain so under Megson. Yes he hasn't elicted a positive repsonse but he can hardly be blamed for the situation we are in. People will have their own opinions on whether he can turn us around but I think it's unfair for him to be blamed for the horrible mess he inherited.

Edit - I agree the water bottle incident seems a bit strange

What do you want video evidence, has Coke or Johnson played recently or for that matter Jones.I know this to be true Coke and Jones told not to travel last Sat so were out in Sheffield, however, if you don't want to beleive please yourself.

But you only had to watch the game last night to see the players are scared stiff of him, sorry i love Megson as a player be as a manager i feel he has to go.

Well said.

What a tail of s OP this was. We go 1-0 down and the sports scientist offers our players their reward for all that work they've put in, after 6 minutes! No wonder we're in the poo .

The story was nothing to do with the players - none of them came accross for a drink anyway, im sure the coach was just on auto-pilot.

The reason I posted it was to highlight how Megson treats is own coaches - which you have to admit was WAY over the top. I feel I have had some idea of what the players get in the way of motivational speeches - shout at them as much as possible until they shout back (drop them) or have all the confidence drained out of them (means poor performance, more shouting, worse performance).

Its all just a vicious circle.

I would be friggin wound up to.. these players are pampered.. One nil down and drinks put out in place after 6 mins..

Megson has every right to have a pop.. People think this is bad !!.. Obviously he sees what goes on day in day out with the players and staff..

And it is not right.. or we wouldn't be in this position.. Get all the fcukers out and start again with players who want to play for us.. even if it means relagation.

There are going to be a lot of players available at the end of the season

Guest Willie Henderson

Ive heard he has completly lost the dressing room telling Coke and THE RADIATOR they will not play again i can't understand the logic behind this, tell them at the end of the season. D jones out and about in sheffield telling anyone who wants to listen that if Megsons there at the end of the season he's leaving. I know we don't need players with this kind of attitude, however, it seems clear that they are not interested in playing for him and that hes self- distructing.

D.Jones is a wee wee tail then if this is true and if he goes in the summer then good riddance, the typical modern day footballer, selfish, pampered and throwing his toys out the pram as soon as someone dares to question their ability/ commitment.

The trouble is pro players dont like being told the truth cause they dont live in the real world!

What do you want video evidence, has Coke or Johnson played recently or for that matter Jones.I know this to be true Coke and Jones told not to travel last Sat so were out in Sheffield, however, if you don't want to beleive please yourself. But you only had to watch the game last night to see the players are scared stiff of him, sorry i love Megson as a player be as a manager i feel he has to go.

So because Megson doesn't consider Coke or Johnson's recent performances good enough for a place in the matchday squad it menas he has lost the dressing room. Thanks for clearing that up.

Anyway I wasn't saying that Megson hasn't lost the dressing room, I was merely asking why others thought that he had.

I would be friggin wound up to.. these players are pampered.. One nil down and drinks put out in place after 6 mins..

Megson has every right to have a pop.. People think this is bad !!.. Obviously he sees what goes on day in day out with the players and staff..

And it is not right.. or we wouldn't be in this position.. Get all the fcukers out and start again with players who want to play for us.. even if it means relagation.

There are going to be a lot of players available at the end of the season

I think you are missing the point. Having a go ONCE would be fair enough. Kicking the water bottles over (and nearly into the stand) and having a go at him on THREE seprate occasions is way over the top.

Water is used to rehydrate athletes, they perform better when not dehydrated. Water should not be used as a form of reward!

I am not sure I consider all our players to be athletes but that is another matter! We lost last night for many reasons, non of these reasons will be alleviated by denying players a chance to rehydrate.

Do Sheffield Wednesday still operate in the dark ages?!

Could you explain to me and others or provide evidence where the people that were given the honour of putting on our blue and white shirts (I won't call them players) had done anything that resulted in them requiring rehydration after 6 minutes last night? Maybe you could post the prozone stats and by the way it wouldn't have been water in the bottles as that can cause more problems it would have been a sports energy drink.

I think you are missing the point. Having a go ONCE would be fair enough. Kicking the water bottles over (and nearly into the stand) and having a go at him on THREE seprate occasions is way over the top.

Take ur point.. Once was enough.. then should have be addressed in private..

I would imagine now he also feels the same. In the heat of things you can do silly things and when it means so much, it easy to lose it..

D.Jones is a wee wee tail then if this is true and if he goes in the summer then good riddance, the typical modern day footballer, selfish, pampered and throwing his toys out the pram as soon as someone dares to question their ability/ commitment.

The trouble is pro players dont like being told the truth cause they dont live in the real world!

and lets hope he takes 20 other fookers with him .....dont know about megson losing the dressing room but theres no doubt the players have lost the supporters

Could you explain to me and others or provide evidence where the people that were given the honour of putting on our blue and white shirts (I won't call them players) had done anything that resulted in them requiring rehydration after 6 minutes last night? Maybe you could post the prozone stats and by the way it wouldn't have been water in the bottles as that can cause more problems it would have been a sports energy drink.

Honestly, arguing about re-hydrating, players playing for the shirt is completely irrelevant.

The story was only there to highlight the Manager's reaction - like I have said NO PLAYERS ACTUALLY CAME OVER FOR A DRINK.

Guest pops55

So because Megson doesn't consider Coke or Johnson's recent performances good enough for a place in the matchday squad it menas he has lost the dressing room. Thanks for clearing that up.

Anyway I wasn't saying that Megson hasn't lost the dressing room, I was merely asking why others thought that he had.

Look i didn't mean to come across all aggresive but i cant get my head around our home perfomances, but from what i,ve heard and seen especially last night you don't need to be top coach to see these players aren't interested in playing for Megson.

Im not saying thats all his fault but his man managent skills seem limited to all stick and no carrot. I also realise that the contracts they are on should be carrot enough but you could see last night they were scared to death to attempt to make a pass.

Guest Sheff Owl

It's very worrying times because there has been a lot of rumours recently that -

Megson has lost the dressing room..

Players don't want to play for him..

Even as far as telling them they are poo poo..

Obviously just rumours but you have to ask if there is some truth in it because it's just unbelievable what is going off currently.