GM Not Happy

Sheffield Wednesday manager gary megson blasted a poor refereeing decision which he felt denied his side a much-needed victory as they were pegged back in a 1-1 draw at Dagenham.

Gary Teale`s glancing header had given the Owls a half-time advantage, but Daggers levelled from the penalty spot after Darren Potter was controversially adjudged to have handled in the area by referee Steve Rushton.

Megson said: "It wasn`t a penalty. I don't know where the lad's supposed to put his hands, it was a joke.

"Unless the rules have changed, the manager isn't supposed to talk to the referee at half-time, least of all put their arm around them and walk for about 40 yards telling him `I'm not happy with this, that and the other`.

"We told the referee at the time, `we know what he's doing, we can see what he's doing and it's against the rules`.

"The standard of officiating was pathetic. I thought it was as bad a performance from a group of officials as I've ever seen. It`s pathetic, it`s not on and I'll be reporting the referee. We should have won."

Source: PA

While only being honest in his veiws,I think megson will have his collar felt for this.

Was it the referees decision which meant that no support player was within a 30 yard radius of Gary Madine, every time he received the ball today ?

Hopeless

Play with an extra midfielder... yet choose not to use him..... It was clear a second striker was needed to partner Madine..... What was Potter offering as a midfielder today ?

Guest Darkus Owlus

Sheffield Wednesday manager gary megson blasted a poor refereeing decision which he felt denied his side a much-needed victory as they were pegged back in a 1-1 draw at Dagenham.

Gary Teale`s glancing header had given the Owls a half-time advantage, but Daggers levelled from the penalty spot after Darren Potter was controversially adjudged to have handled in the area by referee Steve Rushton.

Megson said: "It wasn`t a penalty. I don't know where the lad's supposed to put his hands, it was a joke.

"Unless the rules have changed, the manager isn't supposed to talk to the referee at half-time, least of all put their arm around them and walk for about 40 yards telling him `I'm not happy with this, that and the other`.

"We told the referee at the time, `we know what he's doing, we can see what he's doing and it's against the rules`.

"The standard of officiating was pathetic. I thought it was as bad a performance from a group of officials as I've ever seen. It`s pathetic, it`s not on and I'll be reporting the referee. We should have won."

Source: PA

While only being honest in his veiws,I think megson will have his collar felt for this.

The sad part if even if he's right, he's facing a brick wall in the way referees (good and incompetent) and protected against......well, anything.

Edited by Darkus Owlus

Was it the referees decision which meant that no support player was within a 30 yard radius of Gary Madine, every time he received the ball today ?

Hopeless

Play with an extra midfielder... yet choose not to use him..... It was clear a second striker was needed to partner Madine..... What was Potter offering as a midfielder today ?

A helping hand?

Hopeless

As someone who was watching it ...what was your view of it?

I did notice the referee coming out the tunnel having a chat with their manager with his arm round him but didn't really think anything of it.

Ref was a useless flipping w@nker though

Seth and Purse commented on it