Megson = Irvine = Laws

= Sturrock = Yorath = Shreeves = Wilson = Jewell = all the managers for evermore.

Isn't it about time we had a manager to inspire us?

And don't reply to this with the 'give him some time to get his team'.

Because I've heard that for the past 15 years.

Who would you like to see?

= Sturrock = Yorath = Shreeves = Wilson = Jewell = all the managers for evermore.

But what manager can make 11 awful players win games?

I'd like an inspiring manager, but they just arn't going to come here, because the club is still pretty rotten and we are struggling in league 1.

If you didn't have the tools, or had broken tools to do your job....

Could you carry it out successfully ?

To carry on with the anology, let's wait until he sorts out his tool bag and brings in his own equipment, what he thinks will be able to complete the job.

So Megson has already failed then?

Get real.

Judge him in 12 months, at least give the guy a chance to bring his own players in and have a pre season with the squad instead of spouting this negative bullsh!te.

What a load of throw!

He's taken over after Irvine signed a load of poo .

He's usin players that he probably doesn't even want!

I can't believe people are moanin about Megson already.

So I'm goin to say exactly what you didn't want to hear.

GIVE HIM SOME flippingTIME!!!

ps I'm not a happy clapper, I wanted Irvine out flippingmonths ago!

Look when he was at ours. gary megson at first didn't have the financial backing that you have now. Look what he did for us. He will stablise you in this league first, he will then bring i his own players over the summer. in fact I'd put money on that both your Academy and Scouting Systems will have already been started on a re-development program. Consolidate for the first season push forward the second, it's how he worked here, and you cannot deny he wasn't successful

I really think we should not even go there right now, did I want megson? No, but I'm willing to give him a fair crack at it.

This season is right off, forget about it and let's start looking forward to next season. If he fooks it up, then we can say he's had his time. But jesus! Not after a few games, with a wee wee poor bunch of hurried panic signings from our ex manager.

Edited by Maddogbob

Guest Sheff Owl

I actually never wanted him as our manager, but that's goin off topic a bit. We can't change the past.

Yep there was quite a few people on here(including me) who said that when Irvine was appointed.

Shocking appointment.

Megson has a huge job with the poo Irvine has left us with, he needs to clear a lot of them out.

= Sturrock = Yorath = Shreeves = Wilson = Jewell = all the managers for evermore. ...........

I think that in the last decade or so with poor managers that Irvine was way below the league of any of the others. The

others hardly succeeded, but Irvine had a decent / mediocre squad, and even after transfer windows made the players

worse and worse and got decent players trying to play football the could hardly recognize from anything they

had ever learned during their footballing career.

Edited by OwlsfaninNorway

Megson may have stood half a chance if he'd taken over from Laws and been allowed to make the changes that Irvine had.

Trouble is that by trying to put out the minor sparks caused by Laws by replacing him with the petrol that was Irvine we have been engulfed in a huge inferno - allowing him the transfer window of January was probably the worst decision MM has ever made in football - and he has appointed Martin Allen in the past!

Price of having HW back on board i'm afraid - cost us dearly

Scram, do you think Megson will do the business with us?

I'll be honest - wouldn't have been my first choice but i can see him doing a decent job but....

He seems to have a really confrontational style (which some fans love) and when it works it works well - but when it doesn't work it can be poor such as at Forest - which is why it was ESSENTIAL imo that he was allowed to make several changes of his own and not give Irvine that luxury - when a manager has that front-up approach they absolutely need dressing room allies - and they normally get that by getting a few of their own in the team and staff

At the moment it seems easy for the players to maroon GM if they decide they don't like his methods - and to that end not being allowed to round up a few of his own has seriously indermined him in the short term - a really poor decisions from MM and one that i bet he's regretting

Gonna take the summer at least to sort this out now

But what manager can make 11 awful players win games?

I'd like an inspiring manager, but they just arn't going to come here, because the club is still pretty rotten and we are struggling in league 1.

this squad is perfectly good for this league

this is what ahppens when you chop and change

when we got rid of irvine is the day we put ourselkves back a year