Megson = Irvine = Laws

I'll be honest - wouldn't have been my first choice but i can see him doing a decent job but....

He seems to have a really confrontational style (which some fans love) and when it works it works well - but when it doesn't work it can be poor such as at Forest - which is why it was ESSENTIAL imo that he was allowed to make several changes of his own and not give Irvine that luxury - when a manager has that front-up approach they absolutely need dressing room allies - and they normally get that by getting a few of their own in the team and staff

At the moment it seems easy for the players to maroon GM if they decide they don't like his methods - and to that end not being allowed to round up a few of his own has seriously indermined him in the short term - a really poor decisions from MM and one that i bet he's regretting

Gonna take the summer at least to sort this out now

so we are making excuses for megson

wake up to the fact that not megson nor irvien has a magic wand

we need stability and untill we get this nothing will change

= Sturrock = Yorath = Shreeves = Wilson = Jewell = all the managers for evermore.

Isn't it about time we had a manager to inspire us?

And don't reply to this with the 'give him some time to get his team'.

Because I've heard that for the past 15 years.

Spot on

TBH George, I don't think even they could motivate this bunch.

Mate, is this what we do now? Slag the players off?

Because today was like every home match I've seen for the past decade. Instead of questioning me, perhaps people should be asking what the flip is Megson going to bring to the table.

Mate, is this what we do now? Slag the players off?

Because today was like every home match I've seen for the past decade. Instead of questioning me, perhaps people should be asking what the flip is Megson going to bring to the table.

I didn't ask a question. I made a statement.

still does not mean they would want to risk a good reputation at league 1 club though.they dont need the money megson came because he is an owls fan and said he turned ipswich down.and he might have had more money in his wage packet at itfc

Like Poyet?

I care the same about Ipswich as I do any other club. Turner was a Wednesday fan, didn't make him a good manager.

Guest Sheff Owl

Like Poyet?

I care the same about Ipswich as I do any other club. Turner was a Wednesday fan, didn't make him a good manager.

Good scout tho.

who do u think we should have gone out a got then ???.or being more realistic who else would come to league 1.

u still aint answerd this.who do u think we should have gone out a got then ???.or being more realistic who else would come to league 1.

I just nipped out to the shop and got back and was gonna reply to the above - because if somebody does make suggestions such as those belowe

Bergkamp, Zola, Di Canio.

Then it is ALWAYS followed by something very similar to the kind of thing stated below

i doulbt very much any of those would want to come to league 1

So fair play to FG but i'm afraid it's an exercise in futility because a lot of fans seem to know all the personal agenda's and motivations of every potential managerial candidate

My own choice would be KK - and until he's been asked and told us to do one i won't believe it can't happen

Sold the right way this club would be a magnet for a huge amount of managers - many of them in the supposed "wouldn't come to league 1" category

Ok guys a question. If this form continues and the unthinkable happens, and we slip into the fourth tier should we allow Megson to rebuild the squad next year? Bearing in mind he will have had 20 odd games to sort this out. Many, including myself, didn't believe Irvine should have been given that chance. Megsom inherited a better squad and a side less precariously placed. so getting relegated would be inexcusable surely