Megson = Irvine = Laws

Guest Sheff Owl

Yeah - Chris Carr is doing a great job captaining Barca and England....

Obviously yeah there was some disasters but he did bring in some good players.

Obviously yeah there was some disasters but he did bring in some good players.

Apart from one or two notable exceptions he filled a supposed Championship team with league 1, 2 and non league standard players

But tbh this isn't about Clueless so i'll leave that there

Edited by scram

Guest Lawrie Maddens Hump

You can't polish a terd! That applies to Megson and even Mourinho.

Edited by Lawrie Maddens Hump

Guest Lawrie Maddens Hump

Give him time!

Of course, what I am saying is he cant do anything with current squad. Hence, you can't polish a terd.

Mass exodus in summer and new players brought in, then we will go up as Champions of Yorkshire from the mini-northern league.

But as the thread implies, haven't we been here before. Alan Irvine inherited a worse set of players in a tougher division, and the cry was give him time, they're not his players. 12 months on and we find ourselves in exactly the same situation with a different manager and a different set of players. Even with the players at his disposal, Irvine should have kept us up Surely Megson, or any manager worth his salt, should be able fashion at least a top half team from these players. I'm bloody sick of the same old excuses all the time.

Guest intercity0wl

= Sturrock = Yorath = Shreeves = Wilson = Jewell = all the managers for evermore.

Isn't it about time we had a manager to inspire us?

And don't reply to this with the 'give him some time to get his team'.

Because I've heard that for the past 15 years.

Utter Garbage

Guest intercity0wl

But as the thread implies, haven't we been here before. Alan Irvine inherited a worse set of players in a tougher division, and the cry was give him time, they're not his players. 12 months on and we find ourselves in exactly the same situation with a different manager and a different set of players. Even with the players at his disposal, Irvine should have kept us up Surely Megson, or any manager worth his salt, should be able fashion at least a top half team from these players. I'm bloody sick of the same old excuses all the time.

Why do people keep thinking we have the best squad set of players FOR THIS DIVISION, they are imo not.

Completely, and sadly, correct.

Guest totemowl

Completely, and sadly, correct.

Stop being a drama queen and tell us what your answer to these problems is.Who is this 'manager to inspire us'?

We've had 10 to 15 years of not having a pot to wee wee in, unmanageable debt, questionable senior management, signing other teams hand me downs, no scouting systems, under funded academy, inferior managers etc... etc... etc...

Stuff like this doesn't just get put right in a few weeks.

Strong hearts and calm heads required at the moment.

I'm more optimistic than ever that these things will be put right and something good will get built, but it's gonna take time I'm afraid.

P.S.

I left early today as it was sh.yte.

Since relegation only 2 managers have done good jobs for us - Laws and Sturrock. Both men can look back on their time at SWFC and be proud. Both I believe are the only 2 who earned a new contract.

I think Megson will be the same.

There are plenty of football people who think we do Surely you can't deny that those players brought in during the summer are not better players than the likes of those we released. And you certainly can't deny the quality of opponents faced n the championship was superior to the ones we face now. Megson hasn't had enough time yet but he needs to improve and improve quickly or this season could be a worse disaster than the last.

Guest totemowl

Suggest you read my earlier answer.

Found it. I really don't think any of those 3 would make a difference, would bring success. Just my opinion though.

Guest intercity0wl

What?

Well you told me not to reply with he needs time, is the man for the job, and will sort this shambles of a squad out, which woud have been my answer, so i replied with the ony other thing i could to your post, and that imho, you are talking utter garbage.

Well you told me not to reply with he needs time, is the man for the job, and will sort this shambles of a squad out, which woud have been my answer, so i replied with the ony other thing i could to your post, and that imho, you are talking utter garbage.

So your only response is a cliché I've heard for the past 15 years. Well done.

Let's change this round then, why do you so wholly believe that Megson is the man who's going to take us to the Premiership?

Guest intercity0wl

There are plenty of football people who think we do Surely you can't deny that those players brought in during the summer are not better players than the likes of those we released. And you certainly can't deny the quality of opponents faced n the championship was superior to the ones we face now. Megson hasn't had enough time yet but he needs to improve and improve quickly or this season could be a worse disaster than the last.

Better players at a different level with a different style of play yes, better players at this young enthusiastic never say die level, well from what i have seen and imho, no they are not.

Ok guys a question. If this form continues and the unthinkable happens, and we slip into the fourth tier should we allow Megson to rebuild the squad next year? Bearing in mind he will have had 20 odd games to sort this out. Many, including myself, didn't believe Irvine should have been given that chance. Megsom inherited a better squad and a side less precariously placed. so getting relegated would be inexcusable surely

Without question, if we are relegated again Megson should be sacked.