Swedish player touring ground

Guest RAMPANT OTTER83

Been speaking to a Danish customer of mine at work today (who's followed Wednesday since the Danes came to Sheffield in Euro 96!) and he's heard its the Icelandic midfielder, Stefan Gislason.

He was captain of Brondy under their old manger, but was hardly used at all by the new manager, and released during the Danish winter break. Apparently he can't sign a contract until the summer, but supposedly has said he'll 'play for free' to prove himself....

Sounds quite positive, though hopefully it would be on a pre contract basis rather than him proving himself (or not) and some other club snapping him up...

Guest Lawrie Maddens Hump

mates doing a college course at the training ground!

John Pearson is disclosing information to a student?, who goes to college at our training ground?

Sounds all a bit odd, to me.

Second site says it's Stefan Gislason. Thought you could sign up anyone out of contract?

Hm, as much as I rate hard-working, Scandinavian defenders, I'm not sure I want Gislason in Wednesday. I'm a Viking supporter too in Norway and his loan spell at the club wasn't exactly great... of course, may play well under different manager, but he also moved to Viking from FC Lyn Oslo - a club which went bankrupt but before then also struggled big-time with results, so no good vouch for a defender imho.

I think we all ned to take a Malmo -ment and take Stok-holm of this situation..

*facepalm at pun*

But, since you accidently put down another, former Viking player name while I was remembering them, then yes, please, I'd take on Nicolai Stokholm anytime over Gíslason in Wednesday ;)