Is Wilko going to be our

Going on his last two managerial posts, he would do nothing to change our fortunes. Certainly there's no evidence to suggest he'd "steady the ship."

he managed to transform Peter Taylor's unbeaten formidable England Under 21s side, into a shambles within half a dozen games and then went on to become a manager to oversee one of the most disastrous seasons in Premier League history at Sunderland.

I hope MM is currently tying up any loose ends on Gianfranco Zola's contract.

The last thing we need is Wilko in charge for any length of time.

ARE YOU ALL MENTAL !????

Howard Wilkinson is one of the biggest promoters of

dour football you can find !!??

I hold him jointly responsible for the football at the moment

And if you dont beleive me - you just watch the next manager he brings in when Irvine goes....

Bet its not a big happy positive attacking manager

I bet its some dull careful, over analytical robot

Owlstalk Shop

ARE YOU ALL MENTAL !????

Howard Wilkinson is one of the biggest promoters of

dour football you can find !!??

I hold him jointly responsible for the football at the moment

And if you dont beleive me - you just watch the next manager he brings in when Irvine goes....

Bet its not a big happy positive attacking manager

I bet its some dull careful, over analytical robot

Terrifyingly true.

Some needs to have a word with Milan.

I've been saying for many years now that we need a fresh start and a different direction - it's been needed since the horrendously misguided appointment of Wilson

We need to forget Wilko, "Seanny Mac", Waddle, Shezza and all the rest - and just forge a completely new path

Our academy needs to deliver and i'd be looking seriously at McAuley and what's being produced and demanding MUCH better - no way on this planet would he be getting anywhere near the 1st team gig

Wilko is a nice guy who could have his seat in the directors box and enjoy a vino at the match - but it would be made clear he would not be sought for any advice or input regarding the football - any of it - we've (wrongly imo) asked him back into the fold - tasked him with advising on football decisions and everything has turned rank rotten - this is way worse than i thought it could ever be even at my depressingly pessimistic worst - nearer relegation than promotion in the 2nd half of the season - really? Maybe some of the worst and most rabid anti-Laws critics are re-evaluating just what a good job he did in comparison - in the league above where most teams have a clutch of players who can hurt you - not here wheremost teams can just about put one foot in front of the other - being THRASHED at Exeter - and Orient?!?!

It's gone beyond horrendous and Wilko has to stand and take his share of the blame for that

Ex legendary players are like shining beacons who we all hold tremedously close - but for now lets leave them there as the fondest of memories - Turner and Wilson were doing okay and forging careers for themselves - they were hopelessly inadequate and underqualified for our job and not only did it ruin us but it went quite some way to ruining them - do we want that for us and Shez? Seriously?

Personally i don't think he's a, proved himself up to the task at Wednesday (though he is doing a good job it's nowhere enough yet to risk taking him on) and b, i don't wanna gamble with his hero status

We need the type of atypical appointment like we made when BFR was made manager - that to me is a breath of fresh air - a totally different way - i'd also tell the manager i want somebody who isn't a slave to useless technology and nonsensical stats - it's rumbleing embarrassing having somebody sat there punching bullshit into a computer for it to be analysed before we get thoroughly arse raped at Orient - **** off with that poo poo and get back to the basic tasks of geting players to play as a team and know our own strngths and use them!

I'd love us to go for a KK, Zola type - i wouldn't like us to go for somebody like Big Sham but even he is like Atko on an adventurous day compared to the stifling misery of the HW/AI axis - i think Allardyce has an ago that is still waiting for the call from Inter or Chelsea.

Just looking at it as an overview it does seem the foreign managers have always held true to a philosophy of playing football even if they were relatively untried - i'm thinking Martinez, Sousa, RDM, Zola....

So maybe that should be our next direction

Edited by scram

Guest Darth Sturrock

I've been saying for many years now that we need a fresh start and a different direction - it's been needed since the horrendously misguided appointment of Wilson

We need to forget Wilko, "Seanny Mac", Waddle, Shezza and all the rest - and just forge a completely new path

Our academy needs to deliver and i'd be looking seriously at McAuley and what's being produced and demanding MUCH better - no way on this planet would he be getting anywhere near the 1st team gig

Wilko is a nice guy who could have his seat in the directors box and enjoy a vino at the match - but it would be made clear he would not be sought for any advice or input regarding the football - any of it - we've (wrongly imo) asked him back into the fold - tasked him with advising on football decisions and everything has turned rank rotten - this is way worse than i thought it could ever be even at my depressingly pessimistic worst - nearer relegation than promotion in the 2nd half of the season - really? Maybe some of the worst and most rabid anti-Laws critics are re-evaluating just what a good job he did in comparison - in the league above where most teams have a clutch of players who can hurt you - not here wheremost teams can just about put one foot in front of the other - being THRASHED at Exeter - and Orient?!?!

It's gone beyond horrendous and Wilko has to stand and take his share of the blame for that

Ex legendary players are like shining beacons who we all hold tremedously close - but for now lets leave them there as the fondest of memories - Turner and Wilson were doing okay and forging careers for themselves - they were hopelessly inadequate and underqualified for our job and not only did it ruin us but it went quite some way to ruining them - do we want that for us and Shez? Seriously?

Personally i don't think he's a, proved himself up to the task at Wednesday (though he is doing a good job it's nowhere enough yet to risk taking him on) and b, i don't wanna gamble with his hero status

We need the type of atypical appointment like we made when BFR was made manager - that to me is a breath of fresh air - a totally different way - i'd also tell the manager i want somebody who isn't a slave to useless technology and nonsensical stats - it's rumbleing embarrassing having somebody sat there punching bullshit into a computer for it to be analysed before we get thoroughly arse raped at Orient - **** off with that poo poo and get back to the basic tasks of geting players to play as a team and know our own strngths and use them!

I'd love us to go for a KK, Zola type - i wouldn't like us to go for somebody like Big Sham but even he is like Atko on an adventurous day compared to the stifling misery of the HW/AI axis - i think Allardyce has an ago that is still waiting for the call from Inter or Chelsea.

Just looking at it as an overview it does seem the foreign managers have always held true to a philosophy of playing football even if they were relatively untried - i'm thinking Martinez, Sousa, RDM, Zola....

I couldn't agree more!!!

What this club needs is a BIG name manager. Not Sheridan or Waddle or Megson, or any of the other ex Wednesday players we used to idolise. Not Wilko either, please Milan, don't even think it!!!

This club is too big for them!!! The history, the supporters demands, the ground, etc. etc. BIG NAME, LARGER THAN LIFE PERSONALITY, that's what it needs, that's what it's always needed, but the club has been too small minded to see it!!!

C'mon Milan, you know what needs to be done, don't let Wilko or anybody else stand in the way!!!! GO FOR IT!!!!!

I'm thinking Poyet, but i doubt he'd leave Brighton for us, BUT IRVINE HAS TO GO, AND THE SOONER THE BETTER, THIS WEEK.....IF NOT WE'LL PAY THE PRICE WITH THE MIDWEEK MATCH ATTENDANCE...

As much as I hope that MM knows enough about our history to protect and prolong the traditions of this great club, hopefully he'll be blissfully unaware of the fact that Shez was such a legend and is doing an ok job at a local rival, whereas the stooges were only too aware of such things and completely lacked the imagination required to make a visionary appointment.

I'm hoping and praying that Milan will be single minded when making this appointment, and that whoever he appoints is strong enough to stamp his authority on every level of the clubs on field activities rather than bow to Wilkinson's footballing philosophy.

Edited by Sonny