Wednesday get ready to make next move

Yeah I would but it was Teale that got substituted on Saturday and it was either tactical or AI thought he was playing poor, which makes me think if anyone is going to miss out it will be him and not Sedgwick!

Think Teale got subbed cos he had two men marking him throughout the first half. Probably because Charlton realised a lot of the goals we've scored this season have come either from a direct assist or the ball coming in from that area.

Irvine needed to change something at half time and JJ would be better suited at beating 2 men. Just a theory.

got to play Teale, with him and JJ on wings, both who run at players, has got to be our strongest set up.

Weaver

Morrison - THE RADIATOR - Reynolds - Jones

JJ - Miller - Coke - Teale

Heffs - Madine

Jameson

Sedgwick

Beevers

Morrison

Mellor

Potter

Purse

Also wondering how this relationship actually works.

Does AI say he'd like to sign player X but doesn't want Aldridge to do anything until his due diligence is completed or do MM and PA say to AI that they've lined up a player for AI if he's happy with the player?

Glad to hear AI is thorough on his due dilligence.

Obviously he feels THE RADIATOR's Crown Court appearance is nothing to worry about and that's excellent news if true.

He's our best player already.

Plymouth didn't know anything about that either, so i'm guessing the Radiator must have kept it himself tbf to Irvine.

I wouldn't suggest otherwise mate.

AI is looking like a good judge of player at the moment on the face of it isn't he? Some excellent signings so far.

The weird thing is, Preston (above all else) warned us that he signed some real old crap whilst he was there and couln't be trusted when it came to signing players.

And yet for us he's barely made a mistake so far.

He extended Soares' loan which was a mistake, and the jury is out on Sedgwick to an extent, but apart from that he's been just about faultless.

The weird thing is, Preston (above all else) warned us that he signed some real old crap whilst he was there and couln't be trusted when it came to signing players.

He extended Soares' loan which was a mistake, and the jury is out on Sedgwick to an extent, but apart from that he's been just about faultless.

Slightly disagree there mate. We payed very little of Soares's wages and before his contract was extended he wasn't playing badly- goals at Blackpool and QPR seemed vital at the time. Had very little cover for JOC and Potter- Miller injured and he didn't rate Mcallister. On the wings we had JJ, Gray (legs gone) and Esajas, whom like Mcallister, he didn't like. So really he hasn't put his foot wrong just yet with signings, apart from possibly Sedgwick and even Semi to an extent.

Call it a hunch (its a hunch in fairness), but I feel that AI has been told he can sign players, but Milan, generally speaking, wants the club to invest in younger talent.

Guest Willie Henderson

What about Semi, he's never been a good signing?

Think you have to accept some of his signings have been cheap signings aimed at increasing the squad when he let the out of contracts go and we were basically skint.

Semi , Heffernan , Jones will not be on a lot wages wise and would not be considered as signings currently.

However they all are reasonable squad players

Guest wilkotheowl

Best bit is that Buxton and Coke could psossibly be fit. Id expect Buxton to come into the team at right back with Morrison moving to center back. Then I think Reynolds will start at left back with Jones moving to Left wing with Teale missing out!

Good shout,although Gary Teale hasn't done alot wrong to be fair, but at long last we have healthy competition for places.

Also wondering how this relationship actually works.

Does AI say he'd like to sign player X but doesn't want Aldridge to do anything until his due diligence is completed or do MM and PA say to AI that they've lined up a player for AI if he's happy with the player?

it says he's working from a shopping list. I'd guess the list is made up of, transfer listed players and those who's contract runs out soon..

MM has given AI a brief to sign players of a certain age, to improve the squad now and with potential to play at a higher level and AI is deciding who he wants and doing his homework on them. Which is reassuring.

Just guessing after reading that and what MM said in his RS interview about the club needing assets.

I bet it's like playing Football Manager, always loved the scouting and signing players bit above all else. :biggrin:

Teal was perhaps our most consistant performer this season along with Weaver and Buxton before injury. certainly good enough to cause havoc at this level.

With Lansbury out of our reach, I would dance my happy jig if we get either Harley or Wordsworth.

I think he tried to get some younger players in at PNE too, but I think the fact that its SWFC and not PNE they are joining makes it easier to attract players. Thats no disrespect to PNE, but AI admitted it himself.

Simek out. Otsemobor in.

There is one error for you.