Tom Soares

Guest barmy army 1993

Please NO!

I remember one time we were on the attack down the right wing when he attempted a diagonal ball to tommy spurr which set the opposition on the attack when he could have played someone through on goal. Plus he was fat and lazy, I got confused weather it was him or Leon on the ball.

Let me tell you Tom Soares would be a terrific signing, My missy supports palace and she dragged me down their many a time and this boy can play, our trouble was we constantly played the poor lad out of posistion on the right wing, he aint no winger, he is a classy central midfielder. Take your minds back to the Newcastle game, when he came on or started in central midfield, he was immense. I'm sorry on this one Alan Irvine, badly got it wrong, I saw the same with Soares at palace, when Dowie would try him on the wing, never worked once. Think about it Pulis is no mug and would not have taken him there if he didnt no he had it him, just like he knew Glenn Whelan had it in him.

Would love to see us sign Soares and bet you Clinton Morrison would agree with this from his palace days, that Soares needs to be played in the middle!

Sometimes it annoys me managers paid all this money and sometimes cant see the obvious, I honestly believe if this loan signing and our most flamboyant player at the time Esajjas and Simek was used correctly we would have easily of stayed up.