Tom Soares

Guest barmy army 1993

Had a good couple of seasons at Palace, but it's been a few years now since he's been in any kind of form.

And nor was he that good for us when we had him here last season.

He couldn't even break up the shocking central midfield combo of Potter and O'Connor to get a game for us in his favoured position.

Best left on the shelf.

He was playing out of position in the worst midfield in the division with us.

He did look lazy and poo poo, but I think a lot of that was due to how he was being utilised by Irvine. I remember just before he extended his loan spell and was playing in a more central role he looked a fairly tidy player.

I think his real let down is his lack of pace.

We should be looking at a higher calibre of midfielder these days.

ok just saying but some fans would be able to find fault if we got ronaldo or something

I highly doubt that.

We can afford a better standard of player than Soares, who had an opportunity to impress in his last few loan spells, and failed.

He probably needs a move down to this league to give him a kick up the arse. Total waste of potential through laziness.

Guest barmy army 1993

right fair enough not the best but better than sideways Potter

but what i say is true look at every post on the site about players and there is atleast one person with something wrong

right fair enough not the best but better than sideways Potter

but what i say is true look at every post on the site about players and there is atleast one person with something wrong

Different People = Different Opinions.

I know it's hard at first, but soon you'll come to embrace this fact about human social life.

Played a few good games for us, that header against QPR seemed vital at the time and praise flowed in for him, also remember him playing a lovely through ball for Tudgay's second against Preston.. but that's about it to be honest.

Horribly played out of position when he would have done a better job in the centre instead of Potter and/ or JOC, can't even remember if he was played there once?! Also feel Esajas would have done a much better job on the left wing, his natural position, than an overweight Soares who had no pace, flair or dribbling ability to be played there.

He's a no for me!

Edited by Innes