Worst away memory

Guest CDswfc

Just wondering what was the worst away memory if yours. As I couldn't make the match Saturday, mine was reading away last year, got hammered then had part time dingle fans texting me all way home! Not good

Guest James-The-Owl

Being 3-0 down at the Lane last year was the lowest I think I've ever felt at a Wednesday game. Luckily we managed to save a bit of face.

I missed Exeter, although I was going to go - changed my mind about buying a ticket because I thought there'd be no way the game would be played.

That Hartlepool game in the rain was a low point, and I also remember being at Highbury with 20 minutes to go at 1-1 thinking "we're on top here, we're going to win this" only for them to bang six in.

Lowest of the lows has to be the FA Cup final replay though.

Guest York Owl

Sat 22 Jan 1977.......... Walsall......(A)........... 1-5 .................... 7,297 Rodger Wylde

I was 15 at the time and wanted to kill myself - definitely the worst away performance I've ever witnessed and I've seen some top quality dross in my time.

Edited by York Owl

Guest Handsworth_Owl

Charlton in the 2007/8 season, went down in the car and broke down just outside london, but me being me i was determind that i was getting to the match, so i caught the tube and 2 different busses, i ended up getting there at half time and we were 2-0 up.. if anyone can remember we lost 3-2, i wasnt very impressed!! And to round all that off i didnt get back to sheffield till late sunday afternoon when the car got fixed.. cost me a bleedin fortune that weekend did

Charlton in the 2007/8 season, went down in the car and broke down just outside london, but me being me i was determind that i was getting to the match, so i caught the tube and 2 different busses, i ended up getting there at half time and we were 2-0 up.. if anyone can remember we lost 3-2, i wasnt very impressed!! And to round all that off i didnt get back to sheffield till late sunday afternoon when the car got fixed.. cost me a bleedin fortune that weekend did

Similar thing happened to us ono Sat. Got back to car after game in -5 degree temperature to see flat tire. Driver had no spare wheel. Nowhere open so the four of us had to stay in Torquay for the night. thought, we'll make the best of it, googled 'Fawlty Towers hotel', it said it was in Torquay and the real one was called The Gleneagles so we all went there excited, turned the corner and it wasn't the hotel at all but rather a hotel that the program was based on :angry: Got home on Sunday at 6:30pm and realised I'd left my £200 ipod in the hotel room. Woke up on Monday morning to find an inch of water everywhere on the kitchen floor as pipe from washing machine had kaput.

Wasn't impressed at all. :mad:

Ps. Although they found my ipod and I've got it back today in the post and just won $3.2k on full tilt playing poker so what a turn around! Surely 12 points must be coming our way over Christmas now. :dry:

Blackburn 7-2 Sheffield Wednesday

25th August 1997

Didn't technically go to the game itself, but sat in a bar in Tenerife as a badly sun burnt 10 year old with that awful 'tango' away shirt rubbing the charred skin off my back as I slumped lower and lower on my stool with each Blackburn goal. Ruined the second week of my holiday that game.

Swindon 3-2 Sheffield Wednesday

27th October 2004

Dreary midweek game in typically miserable October weather. 2-0 up and cruising to a comfortable victory with just over 10 minutes to play...and it was downhill from there. The five of us sharing a car home didn't speak a single word the entire journey home.

Derby County 3-3 Sheffield Wednesday

5th February 2000

We all know what happened there don't we. The day I knew we were destined for the football league.

At BL 91/92. I was so confident and gobby in the pub the night before. We lost 2-0 I then had to walk into thesame pub full of blades and only 2 other owls. Fortunately 1 of the owls was the landlord!

The last time I went into that pub was after Palace beat United in the Play off final at Wembley. This time the pub was run by a Balde it was sweet revenge for me.

The 8-0 defeat at Newcastle is my worst memory - shearer scored 5 and think it was Bobby robsons first game in charge.IMO Danny wilson should be have been sacked after the match.

Only 700 Owls fans were there from memory as at the time there was building work at St James.

It was chucking it down rain after and remember going on the coach past the Strawberry pub - Geordies were clapping us as they felt sorry for us.

Fishcake was sat in front of me on the Coach for that match, enough said :mad: got a mate who still hasn't been to another away game since that day :laugh:

Hartlepool away in a monsoon was bad.

Adam Boyd was like Maradona.

This has got to be up there. Me and my mate arrived p*ss wet through, about 10mins late. Sat down and I said to my mate "i'd take a draw here", just as JP McGovern went through. He missed and I said, "we look up for this". At this point a fella leaned over from behind and said "we're already 2 nil down kid". It just got worse from then on.

Another one that sticks out is when we were on our way out of the PL and went to MIddlesborough and just got tanked 4-0 and I don't think we had a single shot on goal, it was just obvious we were on our way out.