Worst away memory

Guest CDswfc

worst away grounds

Chester mound of earth with a pylon on top .

Rotherham nuff said

Exeter first time and last I hope

Shrewsbury man walks across the pitch to river at back of old ground with little boat to sit in river. when ball gets kicked out of ground into river man collects the ball .

worst away days

arsenal 7 1 away

Leicester 6 1 away

newcastle 8 0 away

middlesbrough 8 0 away

reading last season

exeter last sat the worst

Guest brooky1935

So many to choose from,

• Wrexham 4-0, I remember leaving at half time and sitting on the train just waiting for the second half to finish
    Brighton semi final was horrible
    Everton semi was just as bad
    Arsenal Milk Cup quarter final, early 80s, got chased all the way back to the station
    Charlton, FA Cup 3rd round mid 90s, Joe Ashton made the mistake of getting on the train back into central London and got absolutely slaughtered by Wednesday fans
    Could mention loads more but my best Wednesday away list is ten times longer!

Newcastle away midweek game before cup final win against man.utd, crap game, shocking weather and our car caught fire on way back (some issue re. brake fluid which had apparently been on watchdog a week earlier lol) at washington, no fecker stopped for us :angry: , had to be towed back cost about £400 :ohmy:

Went to both those, soaked wet through at Pompey, with a broken down train at Havant, barring our way. Just made the midnight connection up north from Kings Cross, which fortunately made an extra stop at Doncaster. Then the problem of getting back to Sheffield from there. Thanks to Bernard (Captn. Birdseye) I managed to cadge a lift home.

Following week Brighton, Southern region train strike, meant catching a taxi from Gatwick to Brighton, and same on the return trip. Think we won 4-2 which made up for the inconvenience.

Great promotion season though.

IIRC didn't we also have Torquay away in the cup in a run of 3 consecutive matches that included Brighton, Portsmouth and Torquay all away?