which of these are the biggest derbies

Guest kimolsen

Guest kimolsen

Please could you reply which of these do you think are the biggest derbies in the uk rating the biggest as 1 and the smallest as 5.

Watford v Luton

Cardiff v Swansea

Stoke v Port Vale

Notts For v Derby

Wolves v West Brom

Please could you reply which of these do you think are the biggest derbies in the uk rating the biggest as 1 and the smallest as 5.

Watford v Luton

Cardiff v Swansea

Stoke v Port Vale

Notts For v Derby

Wolves v West Brom

Each one is the biggest to fans of the competing teams.

Like the Sheffield derby, nobody else gives a flip.

Watford v Luton

Cardiff v Swansea

Stoke v Port Vale

Notts For v Derby

Wolves v West Brom

Why do you always mark your posts with a +1?

It's weird

Watford v Luton

Cardiff v Swansea

Stoke v Port Vale

Notts For v Derby

Wolves v West Brom

Not attended any of the above, so I can't possibly comment.

I would never comment on games I haven't attended.

Isn't that your view, too?

Guest kimolsen

Not attended any of the above, so I can't possibly comment.

I would never comment on games I haven't attended.

Isn't that your view, too?

Shut up you part timer, if you didnt go to exeter your a disgrace,

Not sure but a mate of mine (Watford) absolutely hates Luton, there is actual hatred between them.

Not quite as much as Luton hate Millwall (due to them rampaging through the streets of Luton and ripping up all the seats from Kenilworth Road)

The biggest derbies are Glasgow Derby (rangers v Celtic), then Sheffield Derby after that who cares ???

Guest Triplej2

I love watching all derbies, They all mean everything to the 2 participants,

I do personally think the old firm contains the most hatred in britain though.

Guest BirdonaMaguire

I tend to think that derbies should be more about teams from the same city, I guess thats cos we have one with the pigs, I just cannot see how a game with someone based 20+ miles up the road can be deemed a derby, ala Pompey v Saints or Norwich v Ipswich but I guess it's all in the eyes of the supporters of the respective clubs,

I tend to think that derbies should be more about teams from the same city, I guess thats cos we have one with the pigs, I just cannot see how a game with someone based 20+ miles up the road can be deemed a derby, ala Pompey v Saints or Norwich v Ipswich but I guess it's all in the eyes of the supporters of the respective clubs,

I was just about to type something similar, I define a derby as 2 teams from the same town/city (Glasgow, Sheffield, manchster, Liverpool etc)

Don't let anyone try and tell you that game is a derby.

I've been to 2 'old farm' derbies (one at Carrow, and one at Portman Road, both in the Norwich end) and before both of them Norwich fans have told me how much hatred and contempt there is between Norwich and Ipswich etc etc. Both of them were poo poo. (Some Norwich fans think their derby is the best and most fierce one in England....i poo poo you not.) I was told the atmosphere would be 'electric.' It wasn't. In fact it wasn't even as loud or passionate as our games against the likes of Donny, Chessy and Barnsley are, and they're nothing compared to a Steel City derby.

Derby rivalries only exist because they're all about bragging rights, and being able to go into work on the monday morning with that smug grin on your face, with half of the office smiling and half refusing to make eye contact with anyone. When teams are so far apart, that scenario just doesn't apply (sure, there might be a few Ipswich fans in Norwich and vice versa, but that's it.)

Manchester has a proper derby, so does Sheffield, Liverpool, London has a few obviously, Bristol and i'm sure i've missed a few too. But Norwich and Ipswich are in different counties FFS.

Watford v Luton (4) Not played too often, and, living with 4 Luton fans, I know there actually isn't that much hatred there. I also know plenty of Watford fans and theyr'e just not bothered.

Cardiff v Swansea (1) Two biggest teams in Wales fighting it out to be THE biggest.

Stoke v Port Vale (5) Everyone knows who the biggest club is and always have been. Barely ever played. Pretty pointlessif it weren't for the location of both clubs.

Notts For v Derby (3) Not much of a Derby really. Both have plenty of midland derbies every year. Biggest argument is over the Cloughies.

Wolves v West Brom (2) Both see Villa and Birmingham as a assive rivalry to them also, so I wouldn't see it as massive