which of these are the biggest derbies

Guest kimolsen

I am only giving my pespective of it also, in similar circumstances to yours, yet I haven't experienced much of the hatred you talk of.

Circumstances aren't similar though are they?

When was the last match you attended between them?

As for the south coast derby, the areas you are referring to are probably little towns where the town's allegiance is questionable due to the fact it is smack bam between the pair of them. I know Fareham has it's share of Scummer fans along with it's Pompey, but even that place gets violent because of it. I can guarantee you that finding a Scummer shirt in Portsmouth (especially in the boozers) is like fuinding a needle in a haystack.

Well even sleepy St Albans saw a riot between the resident Watford and Luton fans so i don't really get your point?

What are you trying to define as fans hating each other?

If it's not major confrontation, police lock-downs, towns being wrecked, pubs not allowed to open and multiple arrests/jail and banning orders - then what is your criteria?

Guest Triplej2

Not true.

Colley School v St Peters School

Dore and Totley Cubs 115th V Millhouses junior boys brigade used to get VERY tasty indeed, some of the lads were sent to bed with no tea for blowing raspberrys at the opposition. Naughty!

Why would Nottingham Forest v Derby County be a derby? The derby would be Nottingham Forest v Notts County.

Because Notts County is so much smaller than forest the natural rivalry around this part of the world is Derby v forest.

Its also a city v city thing they are rivals in everything including attracting business investment, Government Funding etc ( Because niether are big cities in their own right they have to 'share' a lot of resources eg Derby has a costco , Nottingham has a Makro). Its also a county v county thing eg the two county cricket teams etc.

I can assure you they really do not like each other at all