1991 Retro Shirt

ipswich away,opening day 1991 (?) .... what a flippingday in the sunshine!!!! remember looking at the scoreboard at half time - attempts on goal IPSWICH 1 SWFC 14 (i'll never forget it) oh happy days :cool:

One of my favourite away days. Firstly cos it was a great start to the season (followed by the Hirsty's Hull game if I remember right). Secondly it was the first time I went away away with me mates rather than with me dad.

Felt like a proper adventure. :biggrin:

I've still got the original to that shirt.

One of my first ever Wednesday shirts along with the Home strip from that season (which is also the classic Wednesday shirt IMO).

I was only 2/3 at the time, so it obviously doesn't fit but every new born into the family as their photo's taken with that shirt on. It's tradition.

That's a nice touch, I liked that.

We just beat our two kids with a plastic pig.

Edited by HOOTIE AND THE SHIT TU

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Guest Bellsview

I also remember the Ipswich away game in the 90/91 season when we first wore that shirt, what a day that was - and I was lucky enough to buy one as well (still got it somewhere).

That and the "Celtic" away shirts are still my favourites that I have watched the Owls play in - although we won a hell of a lot more games in the yellow kit than we did the "Celtic" one.

Great to see it re-released and I'll be amazed if it isn't a good seller. A big praise to whoever at the club managed to get it sorted.

Didn't the original have blue plastic poppers on the ends of the collar, in a Ben Sherman stylee, or did I dream that?

Yes, they did. I may be wrong, but I've got a feeling that they were only a collar decoration, so you couldn't actually fix them down onto the shirt itself.

Yes, they did. I may be wrong, but I've got a feeling that they were only a collar decoration, so you couldn't actually fix them down onto the shirt itself.

Your right - just checked mine.

Classic Away days - Promotion Season:

Ipswich

Brighton

Leicester

West Brom

Both Bristols

West Ham

Chelsea

1st Season back:

Man City

Tottenham