1991 Retro Shirt

ipswich away,opening day 1991 (?) .... what a flippingday in the sunshine!!!! remember looking at the scoreboard at half time - attempts on goal IPSWICH 1 SWFC 14 (i'll never forget it) oh happy days :cool:

Happy Days indeed.

One of my favourite ever away games. A game that signalled our belief and the team's intent for the season.

Was it really almost 20 years ago though.....??!

Happy Days indeed.

One of my favourite ever away games. A game that signalled our belief and the team's intent for the season.

Was it really almost 20 years ago though.....??!

Was sat in the 'home' end, well sort of, some of the away seated fans were the other end of the ground to the standing areas. Seem to remember a hell of a lot of fans spilling onto the pitch because of it being overcrowded in that end.

Probably my favourite ever away day, what a team and what a performance.

I believe the original shirt was manufactured by Umbro?

Wasn't the trim on the real shirt a lot paler than that?

Gi' light blue back

I've had a look at this shirt in the shop today, and I can confirm that the collar is in fact light blue and not dark as shown in the picture.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Guest York-owl

I've had a look at this shirt in the shop today, and I can confirm that the collar is in fact light blue and not dark as shown in the picture.

how much is the shirt mate

how much is the shirt mate

Sorry, I didn't look at the price. I was buying a sweetshirt for the lad and a T-shirt for myself, I just thought I would look at the collar to see if it was light or dark.

The T-shirt I bought is fantastic, it's a petrol blue colour with Sheffield Wednesday printed on the front, and 1867 printed between Sheefield and Wednesday. We don't make enough fuss about 1867.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Guest York-owl

Sorry, I didn't look at the price. I was buying a sweetshirt for the lad and a T-shirt for myself, I just thought I would look at the collar to see if it was light or dark.

The T-shirt I bought is fantastic, it's a petrol blue colour with Sheffield Wednesday printed on the front, and 1867 printed between Sheefield and Wednesday. We don't make enough fuss about 1867.

ok mate no worries saw the shirt ya talking about when i pop in v bristol rv match looks a smart shirt.

Sheffield Wednesday is pleased to inform supporters that a brand new range of SWFC merchandise is now available in the Owls Megastore.

New PUMA training wear items, as worn by the Owls first team squad, including the 2010/11 sweat shirts and other leisurewear items including the 1991 away retro shirt (phot below), polo shirts, PUMA fleece scarf and much, much more have now arrived and are available from the store.

Also now in stock are the SWFC single and double duvet sets, SWFC curtains and many new souvenir goodies but to name a few.

Struggling for a late Christmas present for an Owls fan? Then get down to the Megastore and check out all of our new items!

Opening times over Christmas/New Year:

24 December - 9am-12 noon.

25 December - Closed

26 December - Closed

27 December - Closed

28 December - 11am-3pm (not opening after game).

29 December - 9am-5pm

30 December - 9am-5pm

31 December - 9am- 12 noon.

1 January - 12 noon-3pm (not opening after game).

2 January - Closed

3 January - Closed

photo-aw.jpg

I've got the original shirt and wear it at the odd important match (wore it for Palace match last season)

That blue is way darker than the old ones, plastic poppers are missing, and no umbro logo.

Wish we could send the team out in that strip, i'd feel we could beat anybody.

Yeh the day's you went away confident of winning and that match at Ipswich was as you say a brilliant day out, we must have took over 5000 that day, it was packed in the away end, then behind the net, happy day's indeed :biggrin:

I'm sure the official away attendance was around the 7000 mark? although it is reputed to have been more.

We were sat in the seats down one side,about 15 mins into the game there was a big congestion problem.

It was at the far end where the Wednesdayites were,that Ipswich end was still standing then and it was split in two with the Owls being on the left.

Police and stewards had to go in and take hundreds out as it looked like it could have been a serious problem,there were a few around us very worried not forgetting what happened 2 years earlier in '89.

Anyway the hundreds were led to seats Ipswich hadn't sold to our far right and the rest of the game was a carnival.

Every other car was full of Wednesday on the A1 that day :cool: