When would it be funnier about the Blades going down?

Ok we all know the mighty Owls are on the way up and the pigs are going down, but which would be funnier?

a) We swap places at the end of this season

b) they cling on this season, we stuff them twice next season to help them finish with a record points low?

Personally I think option b so we can see their crowds drop to below 15,000 this season and then drop another 2,000 next season as they

S

L

I

D

E

Why the obsession with them? We're second in the table, have scored six goals at home for the first time since 1995, have a new owner, and for the first time in at least fifteen years are debt free. you should be concentrating on us, and leaving theur ever dwindling support to worry about them.

Why the obsession with them? We're second in the table, have scored six goals at home for the first time since 1995, have a new owner, and for the first time in at least fifteen years are debt free. you should be concentrating on us, and leaving theur ever dwindling support to worry about them.

Sorry mate..i can concentrate on us....but i cannot resist just the odd glance towards the dark side...and chuckle...its only natural

Utd going down would be just perfect right about now, especially from a bum's on seats point of view.

We are in a poor situation right now with attendences, but that should change once we are punching above them again.

Equally, it would be great to see them in this division, and see what gates they get, after they have been lording it over us about having higher gates then us for the last 3 seasons, yet knowing full well what poo we've had to contend with for a decade and a half.

They all know really that given just a season and a half of what we have put up with for the last 15 years, and finding themself in the 3rd tier, they'd be down to 8 or 9k average. I want to see that proven, after putting up with the crap coming out of their mouths about having the best support in Sheffield for the last three years. Time they hurt like we've had to, only they really will hurt, and they really could go to the wall when all is said and done, in say - 18 months time from now I would hazard a guess.

Ok we all know the mighty Owls are on the way up and the pigs are going down, but which would be funnier?

a) We swap places at the end of this season

b) they cling on this season, we stuff them twice next season to help them finish with a record points low?

Personally I think option b so we can see their crowds drop to below 15,000 this season and then drop another 2,000 next season as they

S

L

I

D

E

I would prefer B because if they do go down, and I think they will, then it might be a long time before we play them again.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Can I offer an option C?

They stay up, we get promoted and beat them home and away next season, with the away fixture coming so late in the season, that it is Wednesday that sends them down. That would be twice as good as beating them at Wembley. :biggrin:

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

I would honestly feel cheated if United did get relegated this season, I know that they are c*nts but they are part & parcel of a great football rivalry. I'd love to do the double again next season :happy:

I have two situations in my head. Not sure which one I'd prefer to see most. (i know they are quite unlikely to happen).

2010/1 - Wednesday promoted as champions. Utd hang on, on the last day. WHU get relegated.

2011/2 - Wednesday take 6 points off the pigs, finish as champions, Pigs get relegated without a win with the Hillsborough derby the match which relegates them.

Then not sure what I want to happen then - Other than the Owls secure a top half of the table performance and stay there, occassionally getting into Europe.

Option A

2012/3 Pigs survive relegation to league 2 on the last day of the season.

2013/4 Get promoted through the playoffs

2014/5 Secure back-to-back playoff wins

2015 onwards in the Prem but hovering round the bottom 3 all season with the occasional relegation. Losing twice every season to the better side in the city.

or Option B

2012/3 Back to back relegations to league 2

2013 onwards hover around the foot of league 2 with occasional relegations.

Wednesday no longer see them as being any more of a rival than Rotherham. Wednesday form new rival with Manure.

I've always loved the derby matches and I hate that Sheffield as a city (and Yorkshire as a county) aren't a force in the Prem. On the other hand, I hate that Sh!ty club and everything about it.

And McBabe demands all his money back and sends the scummy moaning ba$tards into admin,,followed by liquidisation,,,sorted,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,the end blush.gif

Not being a native of Sheffield i never get the acute sense of rivalry like most of you do - obviously i fully understand it but don't feel it the same.

But without doubt i think they are the most odious and loathesome club in football and have been for years - i really don't like them and it's not the traditional rivalry thing either.

From their antics under Bassett through Colin and Mcbaby - going through courtrooms to overturn football results - their idiotic BBC right up to their laughable indignation when their tip was rightly overlooked as a WC venue - no club has a more displaced and overblown sense of worth

I genuinely believe that although at times we might lose a bit of sight of where we are and what we are at times - we are still one of the countries grandest clubs an when we were last in the premier we graced it with a fine team dripping with internationals and class - they were like a tramp who had gatecrashed the Oscars party til they get kicked out with everybody hating them

And now they're regressing to their rightful place - unloved. unnoticed and unlamented - haemorrhaged players with their (laughably previously lauded) chairman desperate to get out, but in up to the pound note signs in his eyes (how many would still love a chairman like him now eh?)

I would be loving it - but in truth they don't mean enough for me to really care

**** em

i think the whole of the PL looked at the pigs, like we would if ...erm, (let's call them travelling people) moved onto some spare land close by your house...

I'd rather they survive.

Prefer it when we are in the same division...I like the banter.

This.

A season without a Sheffield Derby just isn't the same.

As a sad piggy b*stard though and they'd rather Wednesday go down than play a Sheffield Derby.

One thing we have in common with United fans - both of us put Wednesday first.

wednesday to go up this season utd just survive and west ham come down.

next season we do the double over them stuffing them twice comprehensively on sky for the world to see.

we run away with the championship while utd beat west ham on the last game of the season to stay up, only to find out that their new manager gary megson has fielded an illegible player and they get deducted 2 points and are relegated. :laugh:

A. I want them to suffer like we have for 15 years. Then get to the verge of bankruptcy, and I'll laugh my rumbleing head off. And then to cap it off, they go out of business. Horrible, scummy little club and I hate everything about them. And it wouldn't bother me in the slightest to not have Derby's anymore. roger em

Edited by KivoOwl