When would it be funnier about the Blades going down?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This

Why wait to enjoy their misery - let's pass them as champions, pointing and laughing as they suffer. What goes around comes around piggies

Then next season we can just concentrate on Wednesday getting stronger while they fester in L1

only briefly on their way to L2

No contest for me, I want the pigs to scrape their way to safety this season and cry and suffer next season when when Wednesday recreate Boxing Day 1979 both home and away, except this time it won't be in the third tier :happy:

I'd also love West Ham to go down, just for the bitterness that will surround their fixtures against the blades.

the fact that so many of them actually wanted us to go bust means that if we swapped places I wouldn`t mind at all . I like the banter but the b****s actually seem to mean it so stuff `em :biggrin:

Should we sink to their level though? No, their decline should be long and drawn out and if we can give them a few hammerings along the way then all the more sweeter.

Put it this way, I'd rather play United, the club we love to hate, next season than some non-entity like Preston, Boro, Scunny etc...

Not being a native of Sheffield i never get the acute sense of rivalry like most of you do - obviously i fully understand it but don't feel it the same.

But without doubt i think they are the most odious and loathesome club in football and have been for years - i really don't like them and it's not the traditional rivalry thing either.

From their antics under Bassett through Colin and Mcbaby - going through courtrooms to overturn football results - their idiotic BBC right up to their laughable indignation when their tip was rightly overlooked as a WC venue - no club has a more displaced and overblown sense of worth

I genuinely believe that although at times we might lose a bit of sight of where we are and what we are at times - we are still one of the countries grandest clubs an when we were last in the premier we graced it with a fine team dripping with internationals and class - they were like a tramp who had gatecrashed the Oscars party til they get kicked out with everybody hating them

And now they're regressing to their rightful place - unloved. unnoticed and unlamented - haemorrhaged players with their (laughably previously lauded) chairman desperate to get out, but in up to the pound note signs in his eyes (how many would still love a chairman like him now eh?)

I would be loving it - but in truth they don't mean enough for me to really care

**** em

I genuinely believe that although at times we might lose a bit of sight of where we are and what we are at times - we are still one of the countries grandest clubs an when we were last in the premier we graced it with a fine team dripping with internationals and class - they were like a tramp who had gatecrashed the Oscars party til they get kicked out with everybody hating them

:laugh:

Guest ArbourOwl

Normally i would want them to stay up so when we get promoted, we have 2 Sheffield derbies to look forward too, but the stick i have taken from my piggy mates since we got relegated, has made me hope they go down so we can gloat for a season or two!

This ^^

I can take the banter through the season normally. But last season took the p1ss from some of my mate's. Esp when we got relegated against Palace, my phone didnt stop for a week with jokes and p1s taking. it would be nice just to text them back as soon as they got relegated telling them they better change their phone number's because pay back is going to be a right bugger.

Before MM came along i still had certain piggy friends laughing about u going into admin. They soon shut up when he did and i gave them a bit of stick back.

Edited by ArbourOwl

After all the crap they have dished out over the past 10 years, for me it has to be option (a). Would love to pass them on the way up and hear the sound of silence emanating from the Lane all summer.

However, if it could be arranged that we go up, they stay up but go down next season and we are the club that officially relegates them (especially if it got us into the Premier at the same time), NOW THAT WOULD BE SWEET!

I have two situations in my head. Not sure which one I'd prefer to see most. (i know they are quite unlikely to happen).

2010/1 - Wednesday promoted as champions. Utd hang on, on the last day. WHU get relegated.

2011/2 - Wednesday take 6 points off the pigs, finish as champions, Pigs get relegated without a win with the Hillsborough derby the match which relegates them.

Then not sure what I want to happen then - Other than the Owls secure a top half of the table performance and stay there, occassionally getting into Europe.

Option A

2012/3 Pigs survive relegation to league 2 on the last day of the season.

2013/4 Get promoted through the playoffs

2014/5 Secure back-to-back playoff wins

2015 onwards in the Prem but hovering round the bottom 3 all season with the occasional relegation. Losing twice every season to the better side in the city.

or Option B

2012/3 Back to back relegations to league 2

2013 onwards hover around the foot of league 2 with occasional relegations.

Wednesday no longer see them as being any more of a rival than Rotherham. Wednesday form new rival with Manure.

I've always loved the derby matches and I hate that Sheffield as a city (and Yorkshire as a county) aren't a force in the Prem. On the other hand, I hate that Sh!ty club and everything about it.

As much as I hate the pigs, i'd want them to stay up and play us in the Championship, rather than us go up, they go down and we don't get a derby but a trip to the other end of the country on a wednesday night.

They are financially screwed, but Sheffield as a city is better off with 2 teams, imagine if we never had the chance to stick it up 'em and our only derbies to look forward to were donny, dingles and l33ds.

Plus its not always derbies that give us the scoffing rights. Play off time for the pigs is always a hiding to nothing and the sight of a boozer full of part timers boohooing into their beer is a treat not to be missed.

:biggrin:

Once we are back in the Premier and have been above them for several seasons, I would have no problem about them being in the Premier as well subject to the following provisions:

We win the league every season and they finish runners up with us thrashing them royally in both derby matches.

We win both domestic cups beating them in the final each season.

We both get to the Champions League final every year whe we beat them every time by at least three clear goals.

That way, no matter how good they are they would always know that we were better and it would drive them absolutely nuts.

Oh and forgot to add, England keep getting the World Cup and Hillsborough keeps getting the gig over Bramhall Lane.

Ah well............... I can dream can't I?

Now back to reality

Swap places....can't get any better...Barefoot Blades cavortin' in car parks beside an hotel with a "For Sale" sign up...McCabe packing it in, Speed going to Wales and Blackwell and Robson ensconced in the dugout at Bramall Lane on a "dream ticket"...

"Waddya want me to say Seth"

"waddya want him to say Seth"

Seth.."someone say summat for the sake of ****"

Brian the Blunt on Radio Sheffield outing himself on football heaven...

"Yes I am an Owl Seth...I thought it obvious..I fvckin' hate the Blades..................

THe Blades trying to sue any fvcker for anything...

"Due to the vastly unfair way we were relegated this season we would like it to be known we are suing every championship team that beat us this season because of Tevez, although we realise Tevez played no part whatsoever in the games leading up to our demise...he is up for a massive pay rise from city and we feel we deserve a bit of that because....err.. of the previous stuff he did and we believe it had one o' them butterfly wing thingies or a ripple on a pond thing, where the ripples spread out and affect the....ummmm...butterflies (our lawyers are still working on this one)

Notwithstanding that a tree may or may not fall in a forest, and you either hear it or not..it makes a noise...or it doesn't...you cannot have it both ways...although we can"

I simply want to go into work...and flipping smile...I will not rub it in...I will simply smile smugly ..i may snigger, i may even chortle, but i will maintain me dignity .. I just want things back to normal again....

swap places..its only fvckin' natural...

Guest Saturday Owl

Option B with West Ham coming down hence not being able to pay the Tevez money off.

United struggling with 10,000 gates and rapidly increasing debts which takes them down to the lowest point in their history.

Then Brian the blade dies so all United callers on FH have gone.

What ever happens after then I don't give a poo poo about.

(Oops forgot that the hotel gets knocked down to 3 stars after health hazards in the kitchens.)

:biggrin: