Southport FC V Sheffield Wednesday FC

Awful first half. Scored a few when we needed to against the worst side I've seen. And concded two sloppy goals because our £10m pairing of Spurr and Beevers are non-league standard. And Purse ain't much better,

5 goals, hit bar twice, Morrison back on target, a number of near misses and plenty of effort while being shown on national TV. Although I am very much in the "Irvine Out" camp, credit where it's due. A good performance in a tricky game.

Id agree with that.

its all very well saying Southport were poo but they pegged us back twice and we looked like we couldve been in bother but if anything it just made us raise our game in the final third. Id have taken that result at the start of the game...a good cup tie on the whole for us and the neutral.

One or two hairy moments which is to be expected - but overall, job done.

Not pretty by any stretch of the imagination, but Clinton's finishes were quality at just the right time for us and laid the foundation for the win.

Very happy with the result.

Guest Johnbloodaxe

Not quite sure what big names we're going to pull out in the 2nd round. Tasty affair against Hereford, perhaps.

its all relative!!!

lol

Edited by Johnbloodaxe

5-2 win, brilliant!

So why do I feel disappointed?

Don't get me wrong, yes it was a potential bannana skin, yes we done well to answer their goals. Yes we went on to win by a three goal margin. But I sincerley feel ill at ease.

We were the better team, but we didn't play as I'd expect us to and they helped us to look the better side. Although we're a First Division club, I think we have a Championship level team. There were momets of what I would expect, but overall the team seemed to be unsure of their capabilities?

Sorry that this may not make sense, but I'm pleased with the win, however I'm not sure what to really make of our performance.

Awful first half. Scored a few when we needed to against the worst side I've seen. And concded two sloppy goals because our £10m pairing of Spurr and Beevers are non-league standard. And Purse ain't much better,

Bit harsh for the second the header out was poor but their player hit it through a ruck of players and it went in. Another day it could've hit somebody and gone out or away from goal

Guest sussxowl74

Not quite sure what big names we're going to pull out in the 2nd round. Tasty affair against Hereford, perhaps.

crawley would be a good draw. won 5-0 away yesterday. 5mins from my house

Guest Johnbloodaxe

Who is the idoit in the bin Laden outfit ? What a tool.

could have been worse could have been a George doubleyer outfit....

In the end we've got to be happy with that.

Both the front men scored and played well, Spurr looked good coming back in the side, Coke had a good game, Teale was a threat again on the wing, Purse looked solid, and Weaver dealt well with what came at him.

Beevers is a real worry. Another shaky performance. Buxton and Purse for me on Wednesday night. He needs a rest and time to get back in the right frame of mind.