Sheffield Wednesday v USK Anif Official Matchday Thread

First Half -

O'donnell, Buxton, Beevers, Purse, Jones, Potter, Boden, Sedgwick, Miller, Mellor, Heffernan

Second Half -

Jameson, Otsemobor, Spurr, Beevers, Buxton, , Palmer, JOC, Teale, Coke, Tudgay, Johnson.

Mellor and Heffernan - first run out together. Let hope it's the start of a great partnership. :biggrin:

In all honesty, USK Anif is a side we should comfortably beat with whoever we chose to send against them.

I know this is only a first friendly game, and that we played with mixed teams after very hard week of training, but still...

We can lose all of the pre-season friendlies as far as I'm concerned.

As long as we're ready for the first match and a long hard season which results in promotion. That's the real business.

In all honesty, USK Anif is a side we should comfortably beat with whoever we chose to send against them.

I know this is only a first friendly game, and that we played with mixed teams after very hard week of training, but still...

Double post.

Edited by vontemp

Tell me about it, Irvine out.

FFS.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, merely observing.

We played very, very poor side that we should beat at any time with whatever line-up we decide to match against them.

But as I said, we had week of very intense training, 7 new players debuting, two completely different line-ups, and as Irvine said tried out some new formations and ideas...

flip me newcastle lost 6-0 to orient last year didn't do them any harm.

Guest owls_4_life

I genuinely don't get people's obsession with pre-season friendlies. It is 22 people kicking a football around a pitch for a bit not really trying that hard. You wouldn't pay to go to the park and watch a few lads having a kick around which is effectively what the pre-season's games are.

With the exception of perhaps the final warm up game before the season, which is when the players really start stepping up their preparations, I for one can't see the point of getting so excited I know some people will say that they like to see the new players in action but what extra information are they going to get from pre season friendlies? As for actually going to matches such as Grimsby, Darlington and Sflaphorpe, do people not have something better to do with their money. The cult of the pre-season games has mystified me for the past few years. Unless there is like an open day where you get to meet the players and can take ur kids down to chat with the manager etc with a match before or after but to go to a friendly match at half seven on a tuesday night and pay money is just bizarre. Of course I'll have a look at the result, but whether they win or lose 7-0, it doesn't make a difference to me.

Some people just like to watch or listen to a game of football?

I genuinely don't get people's obsession with pre-season friendlies. It is 22 people kicking a football around a pitch for a bit not really trying that hard. You wouldn't pay to go to the park and watch a few lads having a kick around which is effectively what the pre-season's games are.

With the exception of perhaps the final warm up game before the season, which is when the players really start stepping up their preparations, I for one can't see the point of getting so excited I know some people will say that they like to see the new players in action but what extra information are they going to get from pre season friendlies? As for actually going to matches such as Grimsby, Darlington and Sflaphorpe, do people not have something better to do with their money. The cult of the pre-season games has mystified me for the past few years. Unless there is like an open day where you get to meet the players and can take ur kids down to chat with the manager etc with a match before or after but to go to a friendly match at half seven on a tuesday night and pay money is just bizarre. Of course I'll have a look at the result, but whether they win or lose 7-0, it doesn't make a difference to me.

Has your lass logged in on your account mate??

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, merely observing.

We played very, very poor side that we should beat at any time with whatever line-up we decide to match against them.

But as I said, we had week of very intense training, 7 new players debuting, two completely different line-ups, and as Irvine said tried out some new formations and ideas...

I think this of all the pre season friendlies was the one we were least concerned with. It was just a practice match. A week of hardcore training i am sure Irvine told the lads to take it easy. We dont want injuries especially when they are probably all aching from the hard week they have had.

The main thing is the lads came through the match without injuries and got to know each other a bit more.

Pretty exciting stuff that we are able to field two entirely different teams.

Good times ahead for me.

That's right. I was watching Toronto FC Vs Colorado rapids in MLS before the world cup match today. People will watch owt before the season starts :blush:

I'm in Toronto for ten days from 16 July, and will be going along to watch Toronto v Bolton Wanderers in some friendly cup competition on Wednesday week. Any football is better than no football.

Guest owls_4_life

That's right. I was watching Toronto FC Vs Colorado rapids in MLS before the world cup match today. People will watch owt before the season starts :blush:

That's getting desperate!!!