Sheffield Wednesday v USK Anif Official Matchday Thread

Pre-season is all about the build-up, the early indications of what the season might be like. Sure thier isn't 3 points at sake and you're not under match conditions, but you can start looking at what might be our best side, formations, which players are gelling ie are we likely to get off to a fast start. More importantly IT"S FOOTY. All part and parcel of things.

Pre-season is the tease before you lift the skirt up and find out exectly what you're getting :biggrin:

I genuinely don't get people's obsession with pre-season friendlies. It is 22 people kicking a football around a pitch for a bit not really trying that hard. You wouldn't pay to go to the park and watch a few lads having a kick around which is effectively what the pre-season's games are.

With the exception of perhaps the final warm up game before the season, which is when the players really start stepping up their preparations, I for one can't see the point of getting so excited I know some people will say that they like to see the new players in action but what extra information are they going to get from pre season friendlies? As for actually going to matches such as Grimsby, Darlington and Sflaphorpe, do people not have something better to do with their money. The cult of the pre-season games has mystified me for the past few years. Unless there is like an open day where you get to meet the players and can take ur kids down to chat with the manager etc with a match before or after but to go to a friendly match at half seven on a tuesday night and pay money is just bizarre. Of course I'll have a look at the result, but whether they win or lose 7-0, it doesn't make a difference to me.

We'll be going to alot worse places in the league. Don't know if you've noticed, Man Utd are not in the fixture list this year. Unfortunately we'll be paying money to go to Dagenham and Stevenage

Guest JJWOOD95

You cant. Its not on any score websites or anything, so just have to rely on if anyone knows the score on here.

kk cheers