Resigned to it..

After allowing myself to slip into the 'Wednesday' doldrums yesterday, I've come to my senses and reminded myself that this is simply another chapter in a very similar history.

So...just to complete the season...we will get a mauling from Cardiff, who will play relaxed and confident football and Palace will frustrate the flip out of us, but finish the two chances that they create which pulls the defence apart.

I don't mind...but...what I do want to see is a positive close season, where something is finalised with the finances and/or new board members are brought in and the stale, tired odour is swept from the boardroom.

Give AI the time to rebuild and get some energy back into the club from top to bottom.

Whatever the budget it is now time for a clean sweep and sustainable plans that mean a team can be inplace for the opening day of 2010/11 season.

I'd say if we go down then the whole lot needs a serious rethink - and very few should survive the fallout imo

I think then would probably be a good time to cut our losses on the coaching and management right through this club

I'd say if we go down then the whole lot needs a serious rethink - and very few should survive the fallout imo

I think then would probably be a good time to cut our losses on the coaching and management right through this club

Absolutely...!

ALL our new signings whoever they are should have ballz., minimum requirement...no more little boys who want to fancy touch the ball, and get scared, or knocked off it when the going gets tough....

It's those kind of bold decisions that win hearts and minds - no blame, finger pointing or venom - just a clear and objective executive decision that shows the board really do want the mechanics of the club changed.

I get the feeling we will just have the same benign pre-season and sound bites though.

I'm resigned to it, but I'm not going to get all suicidal about it.

I don't believe it is anywhere near as bad as it was when we went down under Chris Turner. There are enough contracts up to revamp the squad not only for League 1 but the future as well.

It's just the circle of life, what doesn't kill you can only make you stronger.

Just hope we start winning a few games soon because my very fickle 5 year old son keeps changing his team allegiance, this week he is mostly supporting Man Utd :biggrin:

Agreed. Can't see a way in which we can survive. The club needs to be taken apart and with the number of players out of contract this summer te manager (whomever that may be and I'm having concerns about our current incumbant) has that opportunity. The investment situation needs to e sortedonce and for all, lets not be kept dangling for any longer, its the hope that kills you and it fels like our club is dying the death of 1000 cuts.

UTO & WTID

If we do go down it wont be the end of the world.

In a way it will be like we are back to where we started before sturrock got us up. We will rebuild and go on from there. Lets hope we dont make the same mistakes as we have done this time round.

eg Jeffers, Leon

I've recently found myself in the sickening position of actually wanting L**ds to go up to make it easier for us in League 1 next season.

I reckon Southampton will pi55 the league so we've only got the small window of the second automatic spot to aim for. We can't count on being as lucky in the play-offs again (well, in the final anyway).

Even with the best preparation in the world we might be stuck there for a few years, but hey, we all know the drill by now...

The only positive is that we have so many contracts up that we can actually change things if we want to. It would be a lot worse if the likes of Jeffers still had another year on a monster contract.

As long as WBA can do us a favour you never know what may happen on the last day. But it just seems that we seem set to fall just that little bit short...our luck in the last few games screams relegation to me, each peice of bad luck knocks the stuffing from us and we dont know what to do to rectify it.

Guest anstonowls

I can remember the Millenium stadium match against Hartlepool, where they went into the lead with not long left. I thought it would be a long drive back up the motorway. I don't think things are over until the last match. I think we will have to wait and see, but two weeks can seem like an eternity.

I can remember the Millenium stadium match against Hartlepool, where they went into the lead with not long left. I thought it would be a long drive back up the motorway. I don't think things are over until the last match. I think we will have to wait and see, but two weeks can seem like an eternity.

Have we got the same Ref? I hope so.

Bloody well hope we haven't given up.

Palaces next game WBA

Potential loss there

Assuming we lost.

We beat Crystal Palace we stay up!

THINK POSITIVE!!!!

Thing is, Palace are at home and need to win against an already promoted West Brom, who I can't imagine will be putting a great deal of effort in.

But if the scenario you mentioned pans out then I'll take that.