It is now up to us, the fans...

Personally I'm sick to the back teeth of posts themsleves telling us that we can lift the team and that we are the difference.

Fair enough, and I can see why. But you could just... not read the posts?

And does that mean it's not the case? I don't think anyone is suggesting we ARE the difference, or that with our support the team will magically transform into Barcelona on steroids, just that there's a chance it can help.

Before anyone gets the wrong idea - what ReadingOwl is saying here is that its perfectly acceptable and proper to tell HIM he is wrong.

As someone who is NEVER wrong - please don't assume you can tell me (and others like Cardiffowl and Mr Farrell) I am wrong. Because that would be wrong.

KTHXBAI

Quality. Only you could think that up. Excellent. :biggrin:

By the way you,Cardiffowl, Mr Farrell and even Furious George can be wrong, sometimes, You've not met my Mum. You're lucky she doesn't know how to use the internet.

P.S. I think she'd probably be a booooer (shan't take her to the game on Sunday, all hell would break loose when he refuses to bring Jeffers on).

Fair enough, and I can see why. But you could just... not read the posts?

And does that mean it's not the case? I don't think anyone is suggesting we ARE the difference, or that with our support the team will magically transform into Barcelona on steroids, just that there's a chance it can help.

Why? I'd never tell you to stay out of a politics debate, you wouldn't be able to use all those big words that end in 'ism'.

I think they are suggesting that is the case.

ReadingOwl: if I'm wrong it just means the other person is wrongerer.

Guest Deleted member

By the way you,Cardiffowl, Mr Farrell and even Furious George can be wrong, sometimes, You've not met my Mum. You're lucky she doesn't know how to use the internet.

Your Mum would clearly be wrong. Especially with the Furious George thing

Fair play to Duncan.

Most people after a flounce quit, but he kept digging his hole.

Well played Sir, you brightened my evening.

biggrin.gif

Now, where did I put my scarf and rattle ? Ra ra ra you blue and white wizards, go forth and trounce the even-toed ungulates.

Ive only read the thread title, and honestly, its not us that can do it, sure we can help, but its down to the players.

Wednesday fans have turned up, shouted themselves hoarse through a decade of unmitigated dross, they have gone away and sang through flipping emarrasing moments that would leave some clubs fans saying "Never again" and fvckin' meaning it.

Wednesday fans have been fed on Hi ho silver linings and promises as flat as a witches t*t, still they have turned up in numbers home and away.

"Patience" is preached, as though its like waiting 20 minutes for a bus...its been a bleedin' DECADE!!!...How have the club got it so wrong, for so long...?

WE are in a bloody big barrel full of sh*te...and the only fvckers who deserve a sodding shower ...are the fans...its time for some others to turn up...

The fans deserve to sit back , and be entertained...in fact they don't even need entertaining, the fans deserve so much more than the meagre fare they have had throughout 10 SODDING YEARS!!!

2 wins will do...go and flipping do it....

Quality. Only you could think that up. Excellent. biggrin.gif

P.S. I think she'd probably be a booooer (shan't take her to the game on Sunday, all hell would break loose when he refuses to bring Jeffers on).

I used to like you. Then you grouped me with cardiffowl.

ohmy.gif

As fans, we are a fickle lot (especially on Owlstalk), but I now firmly beleive that the difference between us staying up and going down is not in the hands of the players but in the hands of us, the fans.

What a load of total flipping nonsense!!!

These people that say the fans make a difference must live on planet Sky Sports and must be about 9 years old!

Guest bartos

I fully agree with the sentiments, players need to accept though that supporters when frustrated will vent it. I think those same supporters will accept endevour & urgency.

The same people saying they won't stay for a lap of honour even if we stay up will probably be on the pitch ripping shirts from the players backs.

Let's just turn up and give them what we can, I believe if we do they are more than capable of a result

Guest totemowl

What a load of total flipping nonsense!!!

These people that say the fans make a difference must live on planet Sky Sports and must be about 9 years old!

Eh, I don't think he's referring to armchair fans. He'll be talking about them that still go.

Well said Dunc.

Amazing how 30 odd thousand fans (of ours btw or any home fans for that matter) can influence decisions - referreing decisions. Make it intimidating for them lot and the ref and we'll be helping them (wednesday) along

I totally agree.......A team fired up by 30,000 fans making the place rock with passion can have a dramatic effect on the outcome of the game,,,,,,,,,The alternative, poor vocal support, moaning, booing, long periods of silence will help take us down and into the 3rd division......for gods sake, we can't go back down there....trips to far off run down clubs with no atmosphere, poor facilities and crap football..........We have a chance to do our bit and the team need the support more than ever.......its the pigs we are playing against....don't let it be them who send us down to football league hell

Lets turn up in numbers (I am coming from the USA), shout and scream for 90 minutes......influence the game to go our way and help keep us in the Championship.

Come on guys......I know it has been a long hard and disappointing season but it is not all lost yet.......whilst we have a chance, dig in and show the Wednesday passion

I'll support them til I'm hoarse. I'll cheer and encourage them til the final whistle. But if we go down and they dare to do a lap of honour they will get a full on torrent of abuse from as close to the pitch as I can get and for as long as I'm allowed to do it. They've let us down so many times that I can't see us surviving the drop

^ ^ ^ t h i s ^ ^ ^

get to both home games.

bring your mates.

sing your hearts out.

see where we are at 3pm on 2nd may.

analyse after.

WTID.