It is now up to us, the fans...

Sorry but what a load of absolute sh*t.

The fans are, as usual, fully behind this football club and this group of players. I was at Middlesborough at the weekend.. there was a real carnival atmosphere up there. People were chanting loud and proud from the off, plenty of bouncing, plenty of barmy army, everybody was in great spirits and cheering on the team long into the second half. It's the case everytime those players cross that line.

I said it in another thread but, when the flip are the people who DO matter (the manager, the players) going to start shouldering some responsibility? B*llocks to all this absolute garbage about "It's our time!" and such regarding the fans.. when are the players and others at SWFC going to stand up and be counted? When are the fans going to be given something to cheer about or be proud of other than ourselves? I'm proud that this club still has circa 20,000 regular match goers and 2-3,000 who are willing to travel anywhere in this country to cheer on this team, regardless of circumstance. Are the club proud of this?

Most of these players will leave Hillsborough this season and never play for another club as big as SWFC again, or play infront of crowds of 20,000 ever again. I don't know how they can have the lack of self respect to not want to fight and battle for that, even if it is from a selfish point of view. Those players couldn't care about their own careers never mind this club or it's supporters. Stop giving them a f*cking easy ride with this nonsense about it's upto the fans.

This current group of players are the ONLY people right now who can save our season. They're also the ONLY people who can unwind 5 years of progress and take this club back to where it was in 2003. Given their performances this season upto this point, I'm absolutely bricking myself about which one of those is going to happen. When it does happen, it will ONLY be the fault of those players. It CERTAINLY won't be because of the fans who have continued to dip their hands into their pockets and support this club, once again blindly and for absolutely no thanks or return.

Edited by sheffield_dave

I agree with DuncOwls sentiments, we need to back them to the hilt no matter how pee'd off we are and no matter how poo the team plays. If the Blades score first on Sunday I sincerely hope the response from the crowd is good, anything else will make our job twice as hard. Lets save our grievances for the 'lap of honour' after the Palace game - if necessary.

What Tawny said.

Janine sorted you out yet fella? :biggrin:

i know what LC stands for, but i think the M stands for missed.

Funny, but I wouldn't expect someone as knowledgeable and aggressive in his opinions to be unable to spell a football players initials.

I just assumed he had some inside information on nicknames, as he takes everything in that is happening in football matches at home.

Funny, but I wouldn't expect someone as knowledgeable and aggressive in his opinions to be unable to spell a football players initials.

I just assumed he had some inside information on nicknames, as he takes everything in that is happening in football matches at home.

eh? If you're trying to be funny, you have to get the delivery right. Fail.

I've also noted that you haven't commented on the 2 examples that I gave... would that be because you have been proven wrong.......... again

Edited by DuncOwl

Guest keyser soze

I think there must be a huge amount of selective hearing going on!!! I know most football fans are fickle - but Wednesdayites take some beating! They've been booed off at HT several times this season and many of them have been when we've gone in level!

I totally agree with the initial post and the subsequent offerings from the originator - getting behind the team can only have a positive effect and continually beasting them can't possibly help. We all claim to be supporters, but what is supportive about berating a player for making a mistake?

Yes it's frustrating when things don't go as we want them to, yes it's heartbreaking to think we'll be playing in League One next season and yes there have been numerous failings on and off the pitch this (and many of the past few) season - but by getting on the players backs, YOU are part of the problem!!!

Get over yourselves for 180 minutes and get behind the boys. Where do you wanna be going next season? Exeter or Portsmouth?

This current group of players are the ONLY people right now who can save our season. They're also the ONLY people who can unwind 5 years of progress and take this club back to where it was in 2003. Given their performances this season upto this point, I'm absolutely bricking myself about which one of those is going to happen. When it does happen, it will ONLY be the fault of those players. It CERTAINLY won't be because of the fans who have continued to dip their hands into their pockets and support this club, once again blindly and for absolutely no thanks or return.

They are the only people who can save our season. But, and if you just open your mind for one moment, we can help them in any way, why not give them that help?

The fans are, as usual, fully behind this football club and this group of players. I was at Middlesborough at the weekend.. there was a real carnival atmosphere up there. People were chanting loud and proud from the off, plenty of bouncing, plenty of barmy army, everybody was in great spirits and cheering on the team long into the second half. It's the case everytime those players cross that line.

I said it in another thread but, when the flip are the people who DO matter (the manager, the players) going to start shouldering some responsibility? B*llocks to all this absolute garbage about "It's our time!" and such regarding the fans.. when are the players and others at SWFC going to stand up and be counted? When are the fans going to be given something to cheer about or be proud of other than ourselves? I'm proud that this club still has circa 20,000 regular match goers and 2-3,000 who are willing to travel anywhere in this country to cheer on this team, regardless of circumstance. Are the club proud of this?

Most of these players will leave Hillsborough this season and never play for another club as big as SWFC again, or play infront of crowds of 20,000 ever again. I don't know how they can have the lack of self respect to not want to fight and battle for that, even if it is from a selfish point of view. Those players couldn't care about their own careers never mind this club or it's supporters. Stop giving them a f*cking easy ride with this nonsense about it's upto the fans.

Agree with all that Dave, and Ive been equally as vociferous in my condemnation.BUT that has to stop for the next two weeks. We have to get behind the team for the next three weeks and hope we get the results to keep us up. I dont think the players realise that their reputations in Sheffield will be made or broken in the the next three games. Put in a shift, score an important goal (Lloyd Owusu anyone) and you will leave in the summer with a reputation (almost) in tact. Turn up and dont give a flip in the next three games, and dont ever set foot in Sheffield again. Its a simple choice. The players can put right what they have put wrong in the next three games. If they dont then they can expect all the poo poo that will come their way. But US, the fans, will still be here in August, and we can do our bit to help the club (if not these players) over the finish line. Lets put the squables to bed until the fat lady is singing.

I think there must be a huge amount of selective hearing going on!!! I know most football fans are fickle - but Wednesdayites take some beating! They've been booed off at HT several times this season and many of them have been when we've gone in level!

I totally agree with the initial post and the subsequent offerings from the originator - getting behind the team can only have a positive effect and continually beasting them can't possibly help. We all claim to be supporters, but what is supportive about berating a player for making a mistake?

Yes it's frustrating when things don't go as we want them to, yes it's heartbreaking to think we'll be playing in League One next season and yes there have been numerous failings on and off the pitch this (and many of the past few) season - but by getting on the players backs, YOU are part of the problem!!!

Get over yourselves for 180 minutes and get behind the boys. Where do you wanna be going next season? Exeter or Portsmouth?

OMG there is someone with some sense.

Absolutely, absolutely spot on, as always.

Couldn't have said it better myself in twice the words.

Paying good money to watch this poo and then being told what to do (as it happens I don't boo buts that's my perogative) - it's like being back at playschool.

Wait whilst I fetch my tambourine, recorder and triangle FFS..

Edited by ReadingOwl

eh? If you're trying to be funny, you have to get the delivery right. Fail.

I've also noted that you haven't commented on the 2 examples that I gave... would that be because you have been proven wrong.......... again

The booing of players, and the example you gave was a collective boo'ing, and a generic unnamed match where one of the poorer players made a wrong decision.

Clear evidence - close down the argument right there.

And after you have taken this and thought about typing another response I'm not really interested in, have a look at the majority of the responses on here, all thinking your argument and point makes you look a ***.

Probably the most hopelessly misguided opening post I've ever read.

Must be a wind-up surely ?

Enlighten me o-gifted one.

You are obviously suggesting that the atmosphere has no direct impact on the performance on the pitch?