It is now up to us, the fans...

They are the only people who can save our season. But, and if you just open your mind for one moment, we can help them in any way, why not give them that help?

I find it amusing that you've told me to "open my mind for just one moment", and yet completely missed the point of what was being said.

Ours fans stand for a hell of a lot. Too much, infact. It's my opinion that the last 10 years of rot have been allowed to happen because our fans have been far too passive to try and enforce change. If our last 10 years had happened to Newcastle they'd have burnt the f*cking stadium down.

When those players cross that line they get support from what is still one of the biggest and vocally supportive fan bases in this division. If they show a complete lack of application and perform like a steaming pile of dog then yes, our crowd will let them know about it. Just like every single other football club in the world. But if those players cross that line and put a shift in and give their all, they'll receive all the support they could want. Even on Saturday, the vast majority clapped them off..

The fans have always been there for this team and teams before this one. They'll still be there for the next team too, probably. But the players have got to start shouldering some responsibility. If they're prepared to put in enough energy and effort to show that they still care, then they'll get help from close to 30,000 Wednesdayites on Saturday. Our fans do not turn up to boo. If this team gives us something, we'll give it back to them twice over, but THEY need to show the passion and the fight necessary to get out of this battle. It's on THEIR shoulders. If they want the fans help, if they care about it either way, then that will reflect in their play and the fans will respond.

I just look back to Saturday at Boro.

The fans were brilliant for 90 minutes. But at the end of the day, it was the PLAYERS who let Scott McDonald run from halfway to the end of our own area and shoot totally unchallenged. It was the PLAYERS who never closed down the opposition in the last 10 minutes and accepted a 0-1 defeat at Middlesbrough as a good result. It's PLAYERS like Marcus Tudgay, Tommy Spurr and Darren Potter who've been constantly underperforming this season that has put us in this severe mess.

The fans can only do so much, it's the players where the destiny lies.

The booing of players, and the example you gave was a collective boo'ing, and a generic unnamed match where one of the poorer players made a wrong decision.

Clear evidence - close down the argument right there.

And after you have taken this and thought about typing another response I'm not really interested in, have a look at the majority of the responses on here, all thinking your argument and point makes you look a ***.

Right, so now I live my life worrying about you and your e-mates!

You, also, are suggesting that the atmosphere has no direct impact on the performance on the pitch?

And finally, am I correct in my assumption that you are saying it is ok to boo when "one of the poorer players makes a wrong decision"? Your words, not mine! (it was also against Bristol by the way)

Pretty sure that i ranted abour the same topic yesterday.

Serously though fu ck the players and their stupid feelings.

Must be such a tough job kicking a ball around for 90 mins.

Bless their little cotton socks.

Edited by SiJ

"lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalala"

Very, very funny. You used it the other day and I nearly fell of the chair, then. I was going to pinch it for this thread but didn't want to get into trouble for plagiarism.

More seriously, I actually thought that the opening post was a wind up.

Clearly it isn't. You never stop 'living and learning' do you?

You couldn't make it f*****g up. I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

I find it amusing that you've told me to "open my mind for just one moment", and yet completely missed the point of what was being said.

Ours fans stand for a hell of a lot. Too much, infact. It's my opinion that the last 10 years of rot have been allowed to happen because our fans have been far too passive to try and enforce change. If our last 10 years had happened to Newcastle they'd have burnt the f*cking stadium down.

When those players cross that line they get support from what is still one of the biggest and vocally supportive fan bases in this division. If they show a complete lack of application and perform like a steaming pile of dog then yes, our crowd will let them know about it. Just like every single other football club in the world. But if those players cross that line and put a shift in and give their all, they'll receive all the support they could want. Even on Saturday, the vast majority clapped them off..

The fans have always been there for this team and teams before this one. They'll still be there for the next team too, probably. But the players have got to start shouldering some responsibility. If they're prepared to put in enough energy and effort to show that they still care, then they'll get help from close to 30,000 Wednesdayites on Saturday. Our fans do not turn up to boo. If this team gives us something, we'll give it back to them twice over, but THEY need to show the passion and the fight necessary to get out of this battle. It's on THEIR shoulders. If they want the fans help, if they care about it either way, then that will reflect in their play and the fans will respond.

And I do agree with you. What I am saying in this thread is that we need to forget whether these are the biggest set of idiots to ever pull on the blue and white or not, we need to get behind them no matter what. Forget that FJ9 has "fleeced" us. Forget that LMC couldn't give 2 sh1ts, forget that Potter isn't as good as he thinks, and forget that Tudders couldn't control a ball if it wasn't even moving. We need to give them every opportunity to win these games, and the only way they will do that is if we don't boo, murmur and moan at every (and lets face it, there'll be a few) mistakes.

Just to add a bit more fuel to this fire... LMC has claimed himself not fit to play on Sunday. Is this because he doesn't want the poo that comes with being an SWFC player, especially in this massive, massive game? An opportunity to become a semi-legend is eclipsed by the fear of reprisals for shooting when he should've passed?

Right, so now I live my life worrying about you and your e-mates!

You, also, are suggesting that the atmosphere has no direct impact on the performance on the pitch?

And finally, am I correct in my assumption that you are saying it is ok to boo when "one of the poorer players makes a wrong decision"? Your words, not mine! (it was also against Bristol by the way)

You seem to continually miss the point about how vocal and good our away support is - but then it doesn't fit into your call-to-arms does it?

No you are not. I never said it was right, but I understand why they would do it.

Very, very funny. You used it the other day and I nearly fell of the chair, then. I was going to pinch it for this thread but didn't want to get into trouble for plagiarism.

why don't you get a room? Jeez.

Get a life. Oh and an opinion of your own!

:biggrin:

its a SiJ original.

Couldn't agree more about the laugh or cry part.

The fanbase is the best thing about this club - and has been for 10 odd years.

why don't you get a room? Jeez.

Get a life. Oh and an opinion of your own!

Ah that old chestnut.

It might shock you to find that people often have the same opinion.

By your definition i could argue that you need to get your own opinion, seeing as yours fits in with a certain members of this site.

You seem to continually miss the point about how vocal and good our away support is - but then it doesn't fit into your call-to-arms does it?

No you are not. I never said it was right, but I understand why they would do it.

Away support is totally different. It may sound good to us in the crowd, but does away noise have an impact on the atmosphere? Not really. Does wednesday bob singing "number 1 is roland nilsson" in the local walkabout mean that Tommy Spurr will have the confidence to get down the wing? No. Does the few booing Clarke when he shoots instead of passing, mean that Tommy won't get down the wing. Damn right it does.

Rightly or wrongly, 1000 idiots booing has a massive effect on this team - do you agree?

Ah that old chestnut.

It might shock you to find that people often have the same opinion.

By your definition i could argue that you need to get your own opinion, seeing as yours fits in with a certain members of this site.

not many by the sound of it!!

The majority must be right then. The atmosphere has no direct impact on the performance on the pitch

the difference between us staying up and going down is not in the hands of the players but in the hands of us, the fans.

if we urge them on as we're attacking and if we get together as a fanbase... we will stay up.

It is a sad, sad fact, but we, as Owls fans are the only remaining difference between us staying up and going down - we are SWFC's last hope

I don't want to get personal DuncOwl but being told that I am wrong is perfectly acceptable and proper on this forum. I often am wrong and argueing is good fun.

But being patronised, after the season I've had, and after a 330 mile trip and it's associated attendance costs, is just taking the wee wee a bit too much.

It's not personal, but you have deserved all the negativity you have reaped.

My mother is the only one who gets away with telling me what to do - and she's 82 - you've got no f******g chance.

Stop digging, get a grip and stick your tambourine where the sun don't shine (in a non personal way, of course).

Guest owls_4_life

not many by the sound of it!!

The majority must be right then. The atmosphere has no direct impact on the performance on the pitch

This isn't what you said in OP, you said it was the only thing that could save us. Of course it will have an impact but it will not be the only thing that will have an impact.

Away support is totally different. It may sound good to us in the crowd, but does away noise have an impact on the atmosphere? Not really. Does wednesday bob singing "number 1 is roland nilsson" in the local walkabout mean that Tommy Spurr will have the confidence to get down the wing? No. Does the few booing Clarke when he shoots instead of passing, mean that Tommy won't get down the wing. Damn right it does.

Rightly or wrongly, 1000 idiots booing has a massive effect on this team - do you agree?

Depends on the person.

If I were getting boo'd for impersonating a footballer on 3k a week, I'd go out my way to prove them wrong.

Bless them though, it hurts them so much they'll struggle sleeping on the pile of money at night, which we helped pay for.

Are the complaints about the opening post to do with:

a) The fans always get behind the team

or

b) The players don't deserve our support

or

c) What the fans do doesn't affect what happens on the pitch

or

d) Shouting at the players will make them play better than supporting them - they shouldn't get an easy ride?

Because I'd suggest that in the case of...

a) DuncOwl will be quite happy to see that continue

or

b) No one is questioning that they don't deserve poo poo from us, but it might be that we have put this aside for three matches in order to save our arses

or

c) Clearly what the fans do DOES affect what happens on the pitch

or

d) The players don't deserve an easy ride, but unfortunately we're stuck with fragile rumbleers for three weeks more, and if it's going to help them, can we not swallow our anger?

Or am I missing something here?

Are the complaints about the opening post to do with:

a) The fans always get behind the team

or

b) The players don't deserve our support

or

c) What the fans do doesn't affect what happens on the pitch

or

d) Shouting at the players will make them play better than supporting them - they shouldn't get an easy ride?

Because I'd suggest that in the case of...

a) DuncOwl will be quite happy to see that continue

or

b) No one is questioning that they don't deserve poo poo from us, but it might be that we have put this aside for three matches in order to save our arses

or

c) Clearly what the fans do DOES affect what happens on the pitch

or

d) The players don't deserve an easy ride, but unfortunately we're stuck with fragile rumbleers for three weeks more, and if it's going to help them, can we not swallow our anger?

Or am I missing something here?

Personally I'm sick to the back teeth of posts themsleves telling us that we can lift the team and that we are the difference.

Guest Deleted member

I don't want to get personal DuncOwl but being told that I am wrong is perfectly acceptable and proper on this forum. I often am wrong and argueing is good fun.

Before anyone gets the wrong idea - what ReadingOwl is saying here is that its perfectly acceptable and proper to tell HIM he is wrong.

As someone who is NEVER wrong - please don't assume you can tell me (and others like Cardiffowl and Mr Farrell) I am wrong. Because that would be wrong.

KTHXBAI