Its time for Jeffers...

Guest Deleted member

What if Palace don't lose?

It's a tough one and maybe's their's no easy/right answer. AI will be contemplating the very same thing. With their being too many variables about future results, I think he'll look at what he knows is in front of him ie 3 games left and one point behind, with us still to play them. For me, you can't really second guess yourselves. Sometimes you have to play the %'s. Don't lose and then lets see what we can do from there.

It's a tough one and maybe's their's no easy/right answer. AI will be contemplating the very same thing. With their being too many variables about future results, I think he'll look at what he knows is in front of him ie 3 games left and one point behind, with us still to play them. For me, you can't really second guess yourselves. Sometimes you have to play the %'s. Don't lose and then lets see what we can do from there.

If you win against Derby, Coventry & Bristol (and even belatedly Middlesborough) you don't have to second guess any results.

That's our problem - we do not/cannot rely on ourselves to get us out of this mess.

We should have and, should still, play for wins.

IMO when it ends in tears we will only have ourselves to blame. Negative, negative, negative.

or you can look at it this way mate

We remain undefeated between now and the end of the season

Palace lose 2, yet win another

Who goes down..................... hmm, now let me think ? ?

Their's a valid case either way.

I would love to see us "go for it" but, if we play in a "going for it style", who's going to put the ball in the back of the net at the moment? Look how many shots we had against Bristol. They only had about one, and look who came away with all the points.

Who'd be a football manager ............................ :laugh:

If you win against Derby, Coventry & Bristol (and even belatedly Middlesborough) you don't have to second guess any results.

That's our problem - we do not/cannot rely on ourselves to get us out of this mess.

We should have and, should still, play for wins.

IMO when it ends in tears we will only have ourselves to blame. Negative, negative, negative.

Under normal circumstances, I'd agree 100% with that. But, you're right, we've only got our selves to blame for where we are now.

Maybe AI will do 50-50. Keep in tight for the first half of each match and keep tabs on the other scores then adjust his appoach as necessary. All we have to do, is (if possible) keep Palace within 2 points of us until the final game. Then it all comes back into our own hands.

Maybe AI will do 50-50. Keep in tight for the first half of each match and keep tabs on the other scores then adjust his appoach as necessary.

I know it seems like petty points scoring, but he just does not have the guile to do that IMO. Look at the tactics and poor timed substitutions. We've had teams definately there for the twist and still not took advantage.

Always satisfied with sticking + hope for some luck.

We should have been twisting for ages now, instead of sticking. Poor old Leon just gets confused, bless him. He'd be useless on, play your cards right.

Guest CambridgeOwl69

All nonsense chaps, he's a complete waste of space who has no physical strength to even compete!

I hope i'm wrong but he's had enough chances and has done nothing

Tudgay and JJ up top for me

What results are needed for us and Palace to both need a draw to stay up on final day? That would be my ideal scenario because I don't believe this squad has the bottle to win if it's a straight up "Us or Palace" deal.

I was thinking something similar. I would prefer us to not to be level going into the last game but slightly behind. Palace would most likely have one eye on a draw and play according. If we only needed a draw from the last game, you'd probably need to flip a coin as to wheather we'd be able to play for one or hang onto one under those circumstances.

Guest bigandy

Francis Jeffers can F*ck Off.

If we are relying on him to keep us up then we may aswell give up now.

As for the Tudgay 'haters'.....well im lost for words! It's disgusting the treatment he is getting, that fact he's managed to get 9 goals this season feeding on the scraps he's been given from our 'midfield', if thats what you want to call it, I'll never know. If Potter and O'Connor start against the pigs we're fooked. Get McAllister in the centre to give us a bit of energy

when the ball was pinging around the Bristol City box for about 10 minutes in the second half we needed Jeffers on.

when he came on we had lost the momentum and in fairness he never had a chance.

i don't care how much we've paid him or how much he has been injured if he can get some goals in the next three games. He's got my support.

Edited by isastokes

Don't get me wrong, Irvine has done a really good job...

We have collected just 8 goals, 2 wins and 11 points from the last 13 games.

By way of contrast, Brian Laws managed a meagre 2 wins and 9 points from his final 13 matches and faced an increasing demand for his dismissal as a result.

Whilst I appreciate there are some mitigating circumstances for Irvine, I fail to see how this can be described as a 'really good job'.

Edited by DJMortimer