Its time for Jeffers...

Guest Deleted member

Sundays Line Up

------------------------GRANT-------------------------

NOLAN------BEEVERS------PURSE------SPURR

TUDGAY------POTTER-----OCONNOR---GRAY

-----------JEFFERS----------JJ-------------------

Scare the pigs to death that forward line - and theres no way they would have any idea how we would play (as we've no idea ourselves)

If JJ is even half fit, we've got to play him at RM to get him up against Andy Taylor for them, who is flipping terrible.

Even if JJ can only give us an hour, he'll rip Taylor a new one.

Sadly it seems JJ will have to keep us up on his own though.

Guest ArbourOwl

If JJ is even half fit, we've got to play him at RM to get him up against Andy Taylor for them, who is flipping terrible.

Even if JJ can only give us an hour, he'll rip Taylor a new one.

Sadly it seems JJ will have to keep us up on his own though.

He might rip taylor a new one but just a shame there's no flip tard in the box to stick it in the net.....

Sundays Line Up

Scare the pigs to death that forward line - and theres no way they would have any idea how we would play (as we've no idea ourselves)

Steady on there fella.

That team looks it might score goals.

Can't be having that now can we.

It's safe to say that we have to do something different, whether it be Franny, Modest or whatever.

Franny, you would hope is trying to put himself in the shop window for next season and therefore has something extra to play for. This however could be offset by the fact that he wont want to get injured.

How About:

-------------- Grant ----------------

Simek---Beevers---Purse---Nolan

Tudgay---Soars-----Gray-----EE

----------FJ------ JJ ---------------

Guest Sheff Owl

As much as i hate to say it and i don't think there will be ANY CHANGES i think that AI has decided that the 11 that he normally picks will prob finish the season with a possible start for Clarke so make that 12 players the rest will just have to make do with a 10 minute appearance if that.

It's unbelivable to think we could go down without a fight or using the squad and giving SOMEONE a flipping chance and you just never know.

As much as i hate to say it and i don't think there will be ANY CHANGES i think that AI has decided that the 11 that he normally picks will prob finish the season with a possible start for Clarke so make that 12 players the rest will just have to make do with a 10 minute appearance if that.

It's unbelivable to think we could go down without a fight or using the squad and giving SOMEONE a flipping chance and you just never know.

Like Irvine said when he came though..... you can't change a winning side

Guest Sheff Owl

Like Irvine said when he came though..... you can't change a winning side

It's a huge worry we are not scoring, drawing games, or winning, we are losing...so what are we gonna do?

The current players have had the shirts for how long now? and proved nothing so do we just say hey "never mind giving 50% but carry on" or do we say "that's not good enough" and change SOMETHING, ANYTHING!!!!

It's a huge worry we are not scoring, drawing games, or winning, we are losing...so what are we gonna do?

The current players have had the shirts for how long now? and proved nothing so do we just say hey "never mind giving 50% but carry on" or do we say "that's not good enough" and change SOMETHING, ANYTHING!!!!

signs creeping in that the Preston fans might have been correct all along ? ?

Quote:

unable to change a game, for the better
tactically limited. One system, with a very slight variation at most

Refuses to be bold in substitutions and squad selection

inability to make telling changes during a game

boring, unattractive football

When you look at the league table and their's not too many points in it. How big a risks do we expect AI to take and risk losing? As it stands, picking up 1 points here and there could be just as affective as "going for it". AI probably thinks that we can't afford to lose any of the last 3 and therefore is likely to pick the team accordingly.

I hope he does try something a little new, but at this stage .......... one point is better than nowt especially if those around us aren't winning either.

Edited by Maple Staple

Guest Sheff Owl

When you look at the league table and their's not too many points in it. How big a risks do we expect AI to take and risk losing. As it stands picking up 1 points here and there could be just as affective as "going for it". AI probably thinks, we can't afford to lose any of the last 3 and is likely to pick the team accordingly. I hope he does try something a little new, but at this stage .......... one point is better than nowt especially if those around us aren't winning either.

As they say points can kill you and we need more than that, i understand what you are saying and in a way i can agree but i think that we need more, it only takes Palace, Watford, Sflaphorpe, to win one weekend and we lose and we have blown it, can we really afford to keep trying for a point knowing the others could just pull it out the bag?

If you are losing 1-0 with 15 minutes left surely in the position we are in and the above statement, it's better just to think right 'Defender off Striker on' and and let's have a go? instead of Striker for Striker? the point i am getting off we could just lose 1-0, lose 2-0 or get a draw, if you are gonna lose you might as well lose fighting.

We can't let this season finish, we get relegated and then everyone is saying 'did we do enough', 'could we have done more' i belive that the answer to them would be a MASSIVE YES!!

pardon ?

What's the difference ?

Take no risk.... yet lose or possibly get a point

Take risks..... and lose

? ?

As you know, when we go a goal behind, especially when the strikers aren't really scoring ............... most or all the confidence drains out of the team. If we play an open style, teams are more likely to score against us that using a tighter formation.

My point is. Palace lose their next two and draw against us, while we draw our last 3 means that we stay up.

Sure, wins are great, but NOT LOSING is of most importance as we need point by however means possible, We're playing catch up.

I take it you don't remember the 3-0 at home to Forest that sent us down. We went for it then I believe.

Edited by Maple Staple

As you know, when we go a goal behind, especially when the strikers aren't really scoring ............... most or all the confidence drains out of the team. If we play an open style, teams are more likely to score against us that using a tighter formation.

My point is. Palace lose their next two and draw against us, while we draw our last 3 means that we stay up.

Sure, wins are great, but NOT LOSING is of most importance as we need point by however means possible, We're playing catch up.

or you can look at it this way mate

We remain undefeated between now and the end of the season

Palace lose 2, yet win another

Who goes down..................... hmm, now let me think ? ?

Guest Sheff Owl

What if Palace don't lose?

signs creeping in that the Preston fans might have been correct all along ? ?

Quote:

I would calm down there mate. Our organisation has improved massively since AI has come in - he deserves credit for getting us still in with a shout now.

Laws lost us lots of games by being inept - any manager would struggle with a depressed, unfit squad half of whom assume they will not be hear next year.

Guest OwlertonG

Sundays Line Up

NOLAN------BEEVERS------PURSE------GRAY

TUDGAY------SOARES-----OCONNOR---ESAJAS

-----------VARNEY----------JJ-------------------

Power, Pace and 5 playes abale to score a Goal at the drop of a hat... ESJAS killed them in the last game... LEGENDARY performance

I would calm down there mate. Our organisation has improved massively since AI has come in - he deserves credit for getting us still in with a shout now.

Laws lost us lots of games by being inept - any manager would struggle with a depressed, unfit squad half of whom assume they will not be hear next year.

hence the question marks ?

Don't get me wrong, Irvine has done a really good job. I still think he can save us, but, if we do go down, will he have done enough in the matches where we "should have won" ?

Is it fair for him to be devoid of all criticism in said matches ?

i.e. Derby, Bristol, QPR, M'boro, Coventry, Ipswich

hence the question marks ?

Don't get me wrong, Irvine has done a really good job. I still think he can save us, but, if we do go down, will he have done enough in the matches where we "should have won" ?

Is it fair for him to be devoid of all criticism in said matches ?

i.e. Derby, Bristol, QPR, M'boro, Coventry, Ipswich

Apologies re: ?? I didn't appreciate the angle you were coming from.

I think his tactics are broadly right given our squad. Keep it tight and work out some opportunities. The reason we are where we are is that all of our forwards can't hit a barn door.

He should definitely be playing. If he's on the bench, it suggests there's no reason, not like a feud with the other players or him being uninterested. At least he would hang around near their box. Current strikers seem scared to be there!

Would like to see Gray play a bit part and also Varney to replace Tudgay in central striking role, with Tudgay playing behind the front two replacing Soares and JJ on right wing. Midfield would be Tudgay, Macca, O Connor, Gray

If McAllister can be fit, he should play too, replacing Potter who along with Clarke adds nothing.