Its time for Jeffers...

Guest Deleted member

I am willing to bet you £100 right now - that all the players released by us this summer gain another contract (unless they retire which is feasible for Gray)

I was also going to say..... and also Jeffers. But didn't he "retire" 3 years ago ?

I am willing to bet you £100 right now - that all the players released by us this summer gain another contract (unless they retire which is feasible for Gray)

That is quite possible, but if they do receive contracts elsewhere they will be at clubs down the footballing ladder, thus no real future in football, as I said.

Guest NORTHWESTOWL

Who said anything about the Championship?

And that comment sums up their lack of application at this level of football. :angry:

Guest Deleted member

Thats rather a selective view - they will still be stealing a wage from someone that will be better than they'd get doing 9-5 work.

I'd say thats a future wouldnt you?

No point in playing him because all we do is lump it long from back to front or lump a square cross into the box. Strikers hardly ever score employing those sort of tatics.

who ? Laws or Irvine ?

Thats rather a selective view - they will still be stealing a wage from someone that will be better than they'd get doing 9-5 work.

I'd say thats a future wouldnt you?

Selective? From that I assume you believe the players will go on to better contracts/bigger clubs than at SWFC?

Players in the mid/late 20's, who end up at League One or League Two clubs have little or no future in the professional game - they'll be in 'normal' jobs before they hit their 30's and be playing part-time somewhere - if they can be arsed.

The players in question certainly won't be living off the sort of salary they have been at our football club, that is for sure! So, yeah they'll still be stealing a wage (albeit less) from somewhere in the professional game for the short term, but what goes around comes around :smile:

And re future; I'm talking in context with what they are used to.

Edited by oh_weds_we_love_you

Guest Deleted member

Selective? From that I assume you believe the players will go on to better contracts/bigger clubs than at SWFC?

No - as I said they will still be playing football while many of their friends will be working 9 to 5

Guest becauseofboxingday

Surely if we want to play a 'wildcard' the player we should be looking at is Esajas.

He isn't one to put in away at Sflaphorpe on a cold night. He is one of those frustrating inconsistent sods that never maximises their potential. However he has more talent in his big toe than most of the other players and probably would be up for a big game like Sunday. Personally I would play 4-3-3 on the grounds that we can't do any worse and we would have unbelievable pace that may cause problems.

______________Grant___________________

Nolan______Purse___Beevers____Spurr

_____________O'Connor_________________

__________Soares_____Potter_______________

Johnson______Varney_______Esajas

Tudgay, Clarke, Jeffers and the kitchen sink can all come on if we're desperate.

Cant be arsed reading all this, but how desperate are we, that we think jugears and SAS are going to suddenly come come good in the last three games of a totally unproductive 5 years at the club between them. Who can honestly hand on heart remember either of them in that cumulative 5 years having one decent game? I cant. And by "game" I mean a full 90 mins!!

Guest becauseofboxingday

Cant be arsed reading all this, but how desperate are we, that we think jugears and SAS are going to suddenly come come good in the last three games of a totally unproductive 5 years at the club between them. Who can honestly hand on heart remember either of them in that cumulative 5 years having one decent game? I cant. And by "game" I mean a full 90 mins!!

Esajas won us the Cardiff game single handedly

Guest Deleted member

Aye, and their friends who work 9-5 will still be getting the salary and lifestyle they are use to, those Wednesday players won't be!

semantics