Guest ReginaldBlinker

Guest Anglofile

is that a polite way for calling them w@nkers................ ?

I'll remember that one !! :biggrin:

Yeah, especially the ones who stroke on par3's and 5's. :biggrin:

8. A bad handicap for sure. Low handicapper beat your brains out and high handicappers are always stroking. Being in the middle is pretty tough.

Anytime you're in the states to play golf, you're welcome at Pinehurst.

Joe

8 Around the number 2 sounds pretty tasty to me .

Thanks for the invite

When you come over i will Take you to Lindrick .... Americans dont like it there :biggrin:

Guest thetruthisoutthere

OK Guys. What happens when investment gets announced? Is there an impact regardless of table position??

I still think AI and the boys can pull it off. I have faith.

Best all,

Joe

Seeing the investment come through will generate many thousands of season ticket holders extra we wednesday supporters have a habit of getting hard and shooting our load at the meer flash of a wallet or hint of a winning team, look what happened when we won the playoff final........if i remember correctly prices were increased by the previous chairman astronomically and we still sold what 16,500??? If he never hiked the prices we might have smashed 20,000 season tickets that year

The investment anouncement when it happens is probably worth 1k extra if we go down.............. but if we stay up and get the investment it's probably gonna generate a good 3k to 4k extra

I live in eternal hope

Guest hayhurst

Hits re-fresh owlstalk takes a moment to re-size a large picture. Half the open plan office sees a huge close up of 6 year old's tail in bronze.

Thats not a bad shout kivo.

Joe, if you are no longer involved in the investment proccess, why were you in Sheffield over the weekend, what did you get up to (socially) and what did you think to our fine city?

Thats not a bad shout kivo.

Joe, if you are no longer involved in the investment proccess, why were you in Sheffield over the weekend, what did you get up to (socially) and what did you think to our fine city?

He wasn't here, the people he advised were. I believe he said that they met with the Co-Op bank and DA.

Not only did we sell over 16,000 season tickets following our play off final but even allowing for a price hike, had we marketed ourselves in the right way, I believe we could have sold 20,000+. Instead of seizing the moment, our chairman, being honest I suppose, announced that nothing had changed, we had no money and anything above the relegation places would be a success. Healthy realism, but not what we wanted to hear. Perhaps one of the clubs biggest PR disasters of recent times.

Guest thetruthisoutthere

Does anyone think that as the stadium gets developed this might increase our crowds and season tickets by any significant amounts ?

Im undecided as to how it will impact but surely it should help as Hillsborough once again gets transformed into a magnificant stadium again.

I know there is generally a trend with any club getting more ticket sales as they invest in thier grounds and particularly those that move to new bowls

P,

Agree and empathize. But when it does happen, I believe that fans will come through. It was a great weekend in Sheffield.

Joe

Sorry, read that as YOU had a great weekend in Sheffield................................but you were right it was a great weekend in Sheffield after that result and performance!!

Guest owls_4_life

I'll probably get one even though after the likes of Reading, Ipswich etc I swore I wouldn't. After last Saturday's performance it's currently on :biggrin:

OK Guys. What happens when investment gets announced? Is there an impact regardless of table position??

I still think AI and the boys can pull it off. I have faith.

Best all,

Joe

I'm probably being a tad simple here but what a stupid question.

What does 'investment' mean ie £10M, £20M, £50M...........

The impact on S/T numbers will surely be driven by the size and potential team strengthening effect of the investment, rather than just an announcement on its own?

I'm probably being a tad simple here but what a stupid question.

What does 'investment' mean ie £10M, £20M, £50M...........

The impact on S/T numbers will surely be driven by the size and potential team strengthening effect of the investment, rather than just an announcement on its own?

Seven pounds sterling!