Lee Strafford on Football Heaven

Guest Ripley Owl

Last year I complained about Lee coming on here and slinging insults and being wound up by idiots. I suggested he did more on mass Q & A on the radio tV or press and avoided being drawn into inappropriate exchanges on forums.

Tonight was a superb example of the perfect stage for Lee he came over confident and assured of our progress off the pitch even wrong footing blades who thought he was on the take - Notice Seth stuck up for mcabe even though the blade didn't :biggrin:

Edited by steelowl

Guest gringo69

The reaction from the pigfan who thought LS was taking a wedge, when he realised he was working for free was classic. He rung up to have a pop and then turned on McApe instead, flipping numpt-pig !!!!!

Oh, and if "CS9 are taking the air on Saturday" FFS no curries on Friday night, just in case they sit next to you, we don't want the headline;

"Curry fart wrecks Owls investment process" :laugh:

So it's actually been DENIED that player's have already been told about their contract's.

Club9 are waiting to see what division we are in until possible investment...

Nobody ever suggested that the players had already been told they were being shipped out, it was the leaked document that brought that into the public domain. And it was only said that their contract situations "created an opportunity", it didn't say "ALL OUT OF CONTRACT PLAYERS WILL BE SHITCANNED".

Don't care if I get called a brown-noser, that interview made me proud that LS is leading our club. Honesty, sense and logic. I don't know why Wednesdayites wouldn't sign up to that.

Guest Sheff Owl

Nobody ever suggested that the players had already been told they were being shipped out, it was the leaked document that brought that into the public domain. And it was only said that their contract situations "created an opportunity", it didn't say "ALL OUT OF CONTRACT PLAYERS WILL BE SHITCANNED".

Don't care if I get called a brown-noser, that interview made me proud that LS is leading our club. Honesty, sense and logic. I don't know why Wednesdayites wouldn't sign up to that.

Well at the end of the day, it's put that rumour to bed.

love the man even more now, I do feel sorry for him he puts his faith in managers and players and its not his fault they reward us with poo . I've bought 3 season

tickets, 2 are kids, they don't cost the earth i just think a working man can easily afford one it's a shame sheffield is full of tight fisted moaning tw@ts.

Fantastic interview, and terrific PR by LS. Full credit to Radio Sheffield for effectively giving 1 hour of free advertising space, although they probably didn't realise it.

I wasn't going to renew, but I am now.

Let's hope that there are more like you out there.

Guest thetruthisoutthere

Good stuff.

Thought he was going to lose it at a couple of points, and come across as stroppy, but held it together well.

Thought putting the Admin situation to bed finally, was particularly well done.

flippingtoo right m8, and to all those that were banging on about it being the answer to all our prayers

I flippingTOLD YA SO (yes i know it's a cliche and cringeworthy childish comment)

Replacing the annual 500k interest payments with an annual rental payment for stadium and training facilities of almost £2 million was never going to be an inteligent move.......well done lee in finally telling it how it is with administration

I found it quite funny how the blades that went on there not only failed to wind Lee up but also thier questions actually helped Mr Strafford in getting the truth out there........ironic how someone on the wind up trying to damage Sheffield Wednesday ended up helping us in getting some clear messages out there. I won't say this very often but i will tonight...... thanks to all the Blades that rang in :biggrin:

Guest East_Dene_Owl

cant wait to see if the season tickets have increased tomorrow!

Latest update.......

Season ticket sales now stand at 18,475. :ohmy:

Guest gringo69

flippingtoo right m8, and to all those that were banging on about it being the answer to all our prayers

I flippingTOLD YA SO (yes i know it's a cliche and cringeworthy childish comment)

Replacing the annual 500k interest payments with an annual rental payment for stadium and training facilities of almost £2 million was never going to be an inteligent move.......well done lee in finally telling it how it is with administration

I found it quite funny how the blades that went on there not only failed to wind Lee up but also thier questions actually helped Mr Strafford in getting the truth out there........ironic how someone on the wind up trying to damage Sheffield Wednesday ended up helping us in getting some clear messages out there. I won't say this very often but i will tonight...... thanks to all the Blades that rang in :biggrin:

The Co-op were painted in a good light by LS and rightly so. They also hold the major say in the (non existant) 'administration' issue and would also stand to lose out massively if this was to happen, now at least we know it is not an option and anybody even musing this issue needs to take a lit blow torch to their knackers.

The Co-op have also already offered to forego a massive slice of their loan in a bid to assist the club in obtaining investment, attempting to benefit us further.

Lets hope we get an improvement on the pitch from these lame arse wage stealers, masquerading as Wednesday players.

I have to admit I thought this was a very well handled interview by Lee. He was knowledgable, confident and honest.

Clearly not stage managed as he handled a few questions from Seth about attendances and even a few grunters got through just for the comedy value.

He explained clearly why we can't go into administration, the current financial situation at the club and why it's important that fans show their support for the club at such a crucial time so I guess now it's over to all those who are refusing to renew. The ball's in your court guys!!

Well done Lee.

Ps./ Interesting how worked up a large number of grunters have got over this interview, some even taking the trouble to phone up. It would be interesting to see the last time McApe did something similar just how many Owls fans bothered phoning up... little club syndrome perhaps? :biggrin:

Listened too it on me way back up from east mids - it made me want to be part of the club, cracking interview.

Can't help but think Lee should stick to radio, tv or the OS when he wants to get a message across to the fans, messageboard posts are easily taken in the wrong context, put that together with the idiots waiting to pounce its a near impossible job.

Well done Lee, long may you be at the helm.

I was the 2nd or 3rd caller asking what has happened since the Donny match for us to be suddenly so devoid of passion.

Also told him we love him to bits which was a bit creepy i suppose........but i meant it. :biggrin:

I heard you.

You came across as a bit scary stalker.

Joking.

:biggrin: