We are broken and we have to fix ourselves

Your posts suggests that you have no interest in supporting what Strafford is doing.

But you didn't even ask that question.

To be honest, as far as I see it, the emotional buy in is more important than the financial one.

If you've already bought in, then you've got the message, so you don't need to worry about Strafford's attempts to get more people on board.

If you've not (as suggested by asking pointless questions about the previous regime that get us nowhere), then try doing that first.

I have always supported the club whoever was running it.

I am absolutely happy with what Lee has started to do.

I understand why we need to sell the season tickets and why investment is tricky so will take some time.

I would like to see the team play more on the deck and am disappointed that AI hasn't yet got them passing to each other more.

I just don't understand why Lee seems to be so frequently rude to us and would like to find out why - the only other thing I could possibly do, finance permitting, would be to write a cheque for Lee to use for the team. Is that it?

Edited by Andrew Robinson

Glaser, the reason everyone thinks you're a joke is the constant negativity. In. Every. Single. Post.

There's plenty of negativity on here but it's balanced. For example, I think the playing squad has (on the whole) been an utter disgrace this season and there are only a handful of players I'd want to keep regardless of what division we're in. Also, if a gun was placed to my head and I had to make a prediction, I do think we will be relegated this season due to the character of the squad (with a few exceptions). But so what? I'll still be at every game singing my heart out. Positives: LS has done a top job on our off the pitch business, we're lightyears ahead of where we were under the previous regime in my opinion. One of the brightest young managers in the country. Successful World Cup host bid.

I think this investment "will it happen? won't it happen?" drama is distracting some people from what it means to be a Wednesdayite.

I understand why we need to sell the season tickets and why investment is tricky so will take some time.

I would like to see the team play more on the deck and am disappointed that AI hasn't yet got them passing to each other more.

I just don't understand why Lee seems to be so frequently rude to us and would like to find out why - the only other thing I could possibly do, finance permitting, would be to write a cheque for Lee to use for the team. Is that it?

Are you being deliberately over sensitive or does it come naturally?

Jeez, if you are gonna cry over our chairman referring to an opinion as idiotic you really should try manning up a bit.

There are worse crimes in the world.

Lee is doing a grand job and I for one am glad that he has the gumption to put the nobheads in their place. Long may it continue.

Edited by Beholder

In that case you're another attention seeking tw@t...join the club you're in good company...Tonto, Glaser at al

LS isn't frequently rude, but it's blindingly obvious the bloke is getting incredibly frustrated both with pathetic fans, and the investment process. I may not agree with everything that happens at S6, but what I do realise is the current regime are our best shot in a long long time at sorting this debacle out.

As a result, back off, leave him to it. Because as far as I am aware no other bugger has put their hand up.

Shall we get some facts right before we join in with the gang bashing someone who refuses to brown nose ?

Makes you look big joining in does it ?

I signed up to attend, I even sent 2 questions I wanted to ask, check the survey thing set up to register.

I unfortunately had work commitments that meant I was way too busy marking and planning etc, boring, but priorities and all that

But you still had enough time to spend half the night contributing to the thread that contained the updates about the meeting. :laugh: Pull the other one.

If supporting the Club is suddenly becoming a 'brown noser' then so be it - thats all I'm doing.

Most of the questions you ask are irrelevant, no wonder they didn't get asked if that was the case. They're all to do with the football side of things - something Lee can only have so much input to.

Yet you have said on here that you hope fans don't get on Irvine's back if we get relegated and give him more time, WTF? But you can't wait to have a dig yourself.

I don't seem to get the warm feeling inside no where near as much as you do from being all supposedly high and mighty as the ring leader of critics on this site, but the most worrying thing is that you actually mean what you say, rather than some on here who do it for the laugh.

In that case you're another attention seeking tw@t...join the club you're in good company...Tonto, Glaser at al

the irony...... sorely wasted on you isn't it Daveyboy.....

You obviously love the attention as you are ALWAYS the one who likes to shoot us down and be insultive. You do this for feedback from posters on here

Do you think Lee will invite you in for tea and biscuits if you brown nose for long enough ?

It "was" not our fault.

We "were" the victims.

But its been over a year now and we are no longer being mislead by our club. We are no longer being taken advantage of. Yet far too many of us are behaving like the abuse victim that turns round and then becomes the abuser. As a consequence we are not backing this team (emotionally as well as financially) as it struggles through a tough season that management execution (absence of) created. Yet we have backed squads in the recent past that are nowhere near as good as the one we have today.

Our club will not progress until everyone moves on from the negativity that has seeped into our very bones this past 15 years or so.

Reality - We are a struggling championship club trying to lift ourselves financially, emotionally and by best practice up to being a strong championship club. We have the opportunity to do this because our fan base is large enough and the rest of football is melting down. We have a genuine opportunity, but only if we want to make it happen.

To do this will take us all adopting a positive yet pragmatic (not unrealistic) mindset.

To do this will take us all maintaining our football budget at £6m-£7m a year for a period long enough for AI to shape our squad and develop a new Wednesday football identity. Then we move forward again.

For us all not to want to make this happen would be insane, you would think. Yet so many just want to carry on the negativity and the mistrust and the infighting. This being behaviour that we were conditioned to by those wonderful people that created the problems at our club...................

Its time to wake up, the relegation battle effort needs us and the club being driven forward only happens if we all push in the same direction (emotionally and financially)

Lots of us have committed to moving forward (that's what keeps me going), but many are threatening to stop and many more have just not woken up still.

We all pull together and we can retain our position in this league and take the opportunity in front of us together.

We let this all unwind and I fear it will all end up a lot worse than 18 months ago.

Regards

Lee

I'm with you 100% Lee!!!

Already got my ticket for next season, both yourself and Nick have done a excellent job at Hillsborough since coming in and long may it continue. Keep up the good work pal.

UTO, WTID!!!!!!!!

You obviously love the attention as you are ALWAYS the one who likes to shoot us down and be insultive. You do this for feedback from posters on here

Do you think Lee will invite you in for tea and biscuits if you moan for long enough ?

OMG. :laugh:

I'm with you 100% Lee!!!

Already got my ticket for next season, both yourself and Nick have done a excellent job at Hillsborough since coming in and long may it continue. Keep up the good work pal.

UTO, WTID!!!!!!!!

Bleedin' brown noser.

Do you think Lee will invite you in for tea and biscuits if you brown nose for long enough ?

Just name me one post in the last couple of years that i have started looking for a response and then look at your own..you're having a bubble

Benjani "But you still had enough time to spend half the night contributing to the thread that contained the updates about the meeting. :laugh: Pull the other one."

Do you want to go see what time I started posting on here ?

Again, it doesn't matter about the facts, just try and fabricate everything again to have a dig eh ?

Benjani "Yet you have said on here that you hope fans don't get on Irvine's back if we get relegated and give him more time, WTF? But you can't wait to have a dig yourself."

I have never once had a dig at Alan. I won't if we go down. For me it is Brians fault and possibly Lee for giving him too long

Guest parkesey1992

Hang on a minute all this we will survive if the fans get behind the team gonads, is just that gonads, we get behind them and have a bardcore 700-1000 who follow the team up and down the country, and some of the performances have been awful, even though we were all there singing and supporting same at home people who have not got a s/t at the moment will not buy one next season with performances like donny and ipswich, no wonder fans are getting angry and moaning there is 11 players out there who bar 3 or 4 look and play as though they dont give a flying flip,no matter if we had 100, 000 inside hillsboro and sang from the first till the last whistle if those 11 dont want to play well they wont and fans who like myself follow wednesday up and down the country home and away will be on the players back's because we want wednesday to win not play a local derby and a relegation 6 pointer as though its a flipping pre season freindly, however i will always be there players come and go but somehow its the fans what are being made out to be the reason for our wee wee poor performances and lee is alredy saying if people do not buy s/t next year the fans will be the cause of that too!!

"Tow the line or shut up" comes to mind. . .

Nothing like that. If you join in debates with honest opinions either for or against, whatever subject then fine. But you

and quite a few others just spout negative poo on every subject. You nit pick and twist EVERYTHING in this negative

way! You all constantly ask the same questions but ignore the answers! Then when anyone disagrees with you its

because we're ar$e lickers or whatever and you're not allowed to dissagree with LS, thats bullsh1t though. You just come across as a rebel without a clue tbh!

LS isn't frequently rude, but it's blindingly obvious the bloke is getting incredibly frustrated both with pathetic fans, and the investment process. I may not agree with everything that happens at S6, but what I do realise is the current regime are our best shot in a long long time at sorting this debacle out.

As a result, back off, leave him to it. Because as far as I am aware no other bugger has put their hand up.

But the constant preaching to the already converted (I presume 90% of owlstalkers are regulars) does get tiresome, and I'm sure the calling of the names (cretins / idiots etc) really does him no favours.. 90% of the owlstalkers are behind what he is trying to acheive.. but sometimes we get incredibly frustrated to, we back the dream, we support the club, we are not in the fortunate position to put our hands up and be counted at the heights he can many of us would love the chance to do so.. however he got there in the first place ?

LS is an online guru/a forum cruiser and he openly admits this is how he drove his previous business which was based in the IT community, he made a shed load of cash at the right time.. but we need to push the message in more of the general media (ie Star / Billboard advertsing)... Not just on here (ie www).. His fans forums need to be addressed.. I did not know anything about this until today !

Just showing my support for my club pal, got a problem with that?

Doh.

Read the thread mate, I was being ironic!

Because if you supposedly support the Club and give them your backing regardless of what is happening on the pitch we're supposedly in love with Lee.

But apparently those who criticise and use the drama queen act are the real fans who care for the Club.