Crystal Palace in Admin

Guest becauseofboxingday

Guys you have bigger problems that to convince us of your way of thinking, your time would be better spent on palace boards trying to convince your own fans not to jump ship and still turn up to games cos that could compound your troubles.

For the record i feel sorry for what you "the fans" are about to endure, i am sure you will now end up in the 3rd division, but i have no sympathy for any club that gets themselves in this mess no one put a knife to your chairmans throwt and said sign 4 players on xxxx amount of cash or it's lights out time.

Your implosion has been purely voluntary

That is all

grow up!!!! my god you lot are really clueless........

we are clueless!!!!! coz i aint got a flipping clue wot u going on about ....... but u right we all fans at he end of the day and here some help for u ....wen u go rochdale next season try the pies they are very good .......bye

we are clueless!!!!! coz i aint got a flipping clue wot u going on about ....... but u right we all fans at he end of the day and here some help for u ....wen u go rochdale next season try the pies they are very good .......bye

'i aint got a flipping clue wot u going on about' yep you got it at last....clueless

Rochdale? we will see

It is time for me to go.....good luck to all the true owls fans

We should be embracing these supporters not slagging them off because it has all turned to poo poo .

Its the people that sit in the big square box in the middle of the stand who cause all this grief some of it obviously unintentionally after all no one wants to do their dough in do they ?

If people had realised what was going off at this club a few years ago we might have been in a better position than where we are now .

I really fear for palace though they are the type of club who may never recover from this they could be another Brentford , millwall and Luton .

Guest skottcpfc

Last time I am saying this...keep up.

We are a team from the capital, which gives us greater problems than yourselves. You are from a town that has two teams right. If you count the teams in London that are in the top divisions Aresenal, Chelsea, Tottenham...

All I am saying is greater concentration of teams, relativly locally.

Thta is a factor in London. Then add in all the Man U/Liverpool fans another factor.

Our crowds have dropped over the last five years, quite why I do not know, you would expect after an amazing run into the prem, and then an arguably good season apart from relegation! crowds would remain.

Quite where you get the notion we buy players and pay silly wages is beyonfd me.

Since 2005 the most we have spent on a player has been a chap called Shefki Kuqi, apparently he was goosd once!

The only mistake since then has been Nick Carle, and not cause he cost £!,000,000 just cause we dont play him.

Quite why we cant afford the tax I do not understand. They have the season ticket money, the gate money. Maybe there is something more sinister going on, but if there is we dont know about it...

We should be embracing these supporters not slagging them off because it has all turned to poo poo .

Its the people that sit in the big square box in the middle of the stand who cause all this grief some of it obviously unintentionally after all no one wants to do their dough in do they ?

If people had realised what was going off at this club a few years ago we might have been in a better position than where we are now .

I really fear for palace though they are the type of club who may never recover from this they could be another Brentford , millwall and Luton .

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

this is on my mind also these fans are in shock and do not need lectures on how to run a club

Guest thetruthisoutthere

We are a team from the capital, which gives us greater problems than yourselves. You are from a town that has two teams right. If you count the teams in London that are in the top divisions Aresenal, Chelsea, Tottenham...

Thta is a factor in London. Then add in all the Man U/Liverpool fans another factor.

Our crowds have dropped over the last five years, quite why I do not know, you would expect after an amazing run into the prem, and then an arguably good season apart from relegation! crowds would remain.

Quite where you get the notion we buy players and pay silly wages is beyonfd me.

Since 2005 the most we have spent on a player has been a chap called Shefki Kuqi, apparently he was goosd once!

The only mistake since then has been Nick Carle, and not cause he cost £!,000,000 just cause we dont play him.

Quite why we cant afford the tax I do not understand. They have the season ticket money, the gate money. Maybe there is something more sinister going on, but if there is we dont know about it...

This is the first time you have raised these issues/points and for no reason at all

No one is disputing you have problems

Oh and Sheffield is not a town it's the 4th biggest city in England

Edited by thetruthisoutthere

It's nothing against Palace, but look at say Southampton for example and us.

We have £26 million debt built up from around a decade ago. Since then we've had to buy cheap or get free transfers, as we are trying to pay back what we owe. We went down to league one, and just managed to get back to here. Where we're still broke.

Southampton are buying players that we can't afford and they'll probably be in the same league as us next year with a bigger transfer and wage budget in their shiny new stadium. Would they be able to do that without going into admin?

Does that seem fair to you?

This is it in a nutkins. I've nothing against palace, I just think that the penaltys for running up debt that you can't pay have to be harsh. Otherwise we will have even more clubs go under forever.

Now, about that Moses lad..

ok wots to understand u are a football club u know roughly wot your gates are going to be so u make a budget for the coming year u work out wot u can spend on wages and signings and other costs and if u stick to that budget u should be ok .palace obviously didnt . now if im missing something can u tell me wot it is

The Y and O in YOU!

:biggrin:

You need to get a new keyboard. Half your key are not working.

Guest Walkley_Owl

Nick Carle, Alan Lee, Kuqi, Fonte, Hudson? all cost you money didn't they? But i expect that to have been covered by the sale of AJ?

Good luck to Palace and their fans but i just have an uneasy feeling you'll get an easy ride from this (ie buyers lined up)

Anyone who think's this is good or calling for harsher penalties needs to have a think on.

This is the way football is going. Too many clubs in the current league structure are unsustainable. We're INCREDIBLY lucky that because we were able to attract 27,000 fans while we were down in League One that it wasn't us and our £26m of saddled baggage. It is not good for English football for it's clubs to start going to the wall, and sooner or later a league club is going to go bust. It's not like Palace have gambled on bank rolling themselves to "live the dream". To the contrary, they have had to sell, rely on freebies and a productive youth system just to survive it would seem.

In the completely selfish short term this is great news for us and our fight to avoid the drop ourselves - especially seeing as we'd probably be going through Admin ourselves back in League One - but the wider ramifications of this are a depressing sign of the times.

Just as a note, point deductions are a RIDICULOUS way of sorting these situations out. It punishes nobody but the players and the supporters, neither of whom have anything to do with the financial running of the club. It should be reviewed as a penalty structure by the governing bodies, not increased.

I would be interested to note what you think the footballing authorities should replace this system with? Bearing in mind the only thing they actually have jursidiction over are Relegations, points deductions and throwing a team out of the League entireley?

I disagree. This is down on record. Look how little we spent when we went up! Granted we paid £16,000 a week to Johnson when we came back down, but I suppose we were banking on him not getting injured and firing us into the prem again.

Palace have been fairly prudent for the last few years, especially after Warnock came in, which is one reason why he is loved at Palace now. He is a c$£t, but hes our c$%t.

I unfortunately think that until a 'big' club goes to the wall this will not be looked at.

One of my best friends is a Wednesday fan and has hinted that you are a little bit skint. Maybe for a year or so. I knew Palace were a bit skint too. Not till today did I realise how much.

What a load of horse crap. If you havent over-spent your means, then why are you in Administration having been put there by one of your creditors?

We've been skint for about 10 years, but made tough decisions, got relegated to League One regrouped and have started to build, all without going into Admin and screwing our creditors over by living within our means.

I disagree. This is down on record. Look how little we spent when we went up! Granted we paid £16,000 a week to Johnson when we came back down, but I suppose we were banking on him not getting injured and firing us into the prem again.

Palace have been fairly prudent for the last few years, especially after Warnock came in, which is one reason why he is loved at Palace now. He is a c$£t, but hes our c$%t.

I unfortunately think that until a 'big' club goes to the wall this will not be looked at.

One of my best friends is a Wednesday fan and has hinted that you are a little bit skint. Maybe for a year or so. I knew Palace were a bit skint too. Not till today did I realise how much.

What a load of horse crap. If you havent over-spent your means, then why are you in Administration having been put there by one of your creditors?

We've been skint for about 10 years, but made tough decisions, got relegated to League One regrouped and have started to build, all without going into Admin and screwing our creditors over by living within our means.

If we'd been "living within our means" then our debt wouldn't have doubled.

I know we've interest payments etc to make, but looking at where we were in that wage table thingy compared to our position in the attendance table, you'd struggle to find many teams "living within our means" in this league.

Guest WoodhouseOwl77

It is time for the FA to act on these sides taking the easy route look at some of the sides who went into Administration and before blinking came out of it, A 10 point penalty is no punishment they should be relegating teams by at least two divisions. Before we know it Palace will be spending money in quick time just like the other teams.

Trouble is we do things by the book and end up worse off than the teams who enter administration.

Do you not understand that its the supporters that suffer from this.......just such a pathetic attitude. Is it ok for M. United to be £700million in debt

I think everyone will be there to point and laugh at Man ure when they go into admin because there fans are *****. The way they think they have it so hard after losing makes me sick.

Palace on the other hand is different. Your fans arnt dicks imo.

On the other side of the coin look what happened to Rotherham and Luton. It wouldnt be right if you arent treated the same as them.

Selhurst Park is Cursed too! Look at Wimbledon!