GET WELL SOON SID

Guest S6 Kop Owl

Sometimes I shoot straight from the hip and this can be a little tough !

Sometimes I consider my words most carefully and am able to stir emotions or inspire !

Always I try to provoke a response to things which I care deeply about !

However, no matter how hard I try I can never replicate the spontaneous acts of my fellow Wednesdayites, as in this picture, which says more than words ever could about what The Wednesday is all about.

Great Photo ! Great post !

Kindest Regards Nev.

Brilliant, absolutely brilliant, now we need to get the original blown up, framed and presented to Sid so it can sit by his bedside.

I've realised too looking at the pics of him on the other thread that I've seen him at loads of games over the years. Can't be many of us that have been going for a while that don't know his face.

Get well soon Sid

Best wishes

Leon

Edited by Utah Owl

Sometimes I shoot straight from the hip and this can be a little tough !

Sometimes I consider my words most carefully and am able to stir emotions or inspire !

Always I try to provoke a response to things which I care deeply about !

However, no matter how hard I try I can never replicate the spontaneous acts of my fellow Wednesdayites, as in this picture, which says more than words ever could about what The Wednesday is all about.

Great Photo ! Great post !

Kindest Regards Nev.

Great post.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

41044_1439260499106_1160828891_31012112_3181975_n.jpg

Truely moving photo, Well Done Lads!

Get well soon Sid!

Up The Owls!

This is a great gesture, am I the only one who is under-whelmed by the attitude of the club, if I've missed it then I apologise, but where is the support from our club? Forward together and all that.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Guest billyboy

Find it hard to believe that SWFC have not acknowledged the seriousness of Sid's injuries. After all he just happened to be in the wrong palce at the wrong time following the club he loved. Wouldn't it be a massive boost if a couple of the players could take time to visit and hopefully help speed up his recovery. A couple of signed photos and shirts would go long way to showing the club care.

Come on Wednesday you are quick enough to get the players up to the Childrens when theres a good photo opportunity.

This is a great gesture, am I the only one who is under-whelmed by the attitude of the club, if I've missed it then I apologise, but where is the support from our club? Forward together and all that.

I agree about the thoughts of a couple of players/AI visiting the hospital,and am painfully aware that the club haven't commented at all about Sids situation, although this photo was taken by Steve Ellis and put on the OS as part of the Matchday photos

I think when we all are bitching about posters and slagging the club of etc on here we should think of Sid and his family and it truely puts things into perspective because compared to what Sid and his family are going through nothing else even compares. Get well soon Sid.

Edited by tilIdie

The players/managers can't go visit - he's in ICU

Also what would be the point of a visit that Sid is unaware of?

It's a delicate situation and although an acknowledgement of Sid from the club should be forthcoming (imo) - they have to tread pretty carefully

Guest johnowls

I think when we all are bitching about posters and slagging the club of etc on here we should think of Sid and his family and it truely puts things into perspective because compared to what Sid and his family are going through nothing else even compares. Get well soon Sid.

Very true,the bank,administration,takeover and other such shitstorms are all put into perspective.

Get well soon Sid.

Find it hard to believe that SWFC have not acknowledged the seriousness of Sid's injuries. After all he just happened to be in the wrong palce at the wrong time following the club he loved. Wouldn't it be a massive boost if a couple of the players could take time to visit and hopefully help speed up his recovery. A couple of signed photos and shirts would go long way to showing the club care.

Come on Wednesday you are quick enough to get the players up to the Childrens when theres a good photo opportunity.

I am pretty sure that there are things happening in the back ground ,

Be patient and keep your thoughts with Sid .

Edit- FOR DONATION LINK SEE POST 8

The Sheffield Wednesday Supporters' Society, Wednesdayite, were disturbed and saddened by the news of what had happened to Owls fan Kevin (Sid) Taylor as he was beginning his journey home from watching the Owls play Hartlepool United on 28 August 2010.

We strongly condemn all those who hide behind football and use it as an excuse for the kind of violence which has led to Kevin's serious injuries.

Our thoughts now are with Sid and his family and we send him our best wishes and our hopes for a speedy recovery.

We have been asked to help with collecting funds for Sid, who remains in hospital, to assist him and his family with the expenses they will be incurring at this time. We are pleased to announce that with the help and support of Sheffield Wednesday, we have been able to arrange a number of ways for you to contribute.

The easiest way to donate is via Paypal - click here to donate.

Sheffield Wednesday and Wednesdayite will also be holding a bucket collection at the forthcoming JPT game with Chesterfield, and the club have also kindly donated a signed shirt for auction.

Please donate now and help a fellow loyal fan.

The amount raised as of 5pm on 7th September was £69. (The total will be regularly updated so please keep checking the progress)

100% of your donation will be added to the fund. Wednesdayite have decided to stand to all Paypal charges incurred in relation to your donation as their contribution to the fund.

Edited by optimusowl