GET WELL SOON SID

Guest S6 Kop Owl

The bucket collection in the Wednesdayite Lounge and car park raised an additional £134.70 for the fund.

This together with paypal donations of £602.17

Total fund now £736.87

How much was raised in The collection at the Crown organised by Walkey owl and is this to be added to the above or kept separate??

Just got back from the hospital, still very upsetting.

Four of us been, all of us been mates with Sid for over 25 years each and he didn't recognise any one of us.

Try not to get too downhearted about him not recognising you. My mum had a brain op after a stroke about 2 years ago and didn't recognise us when she woke up. It's really upsetting when it happens but it's a common thing with head trauma and given time things will hopefully pull themselves back together. The Northern General REALLY know what they're doing aswell in that department.

Get well soon Sid.

I've heard many tales of this sort of thing happening and for the vast majority the memory gradually returns although it can take several weeks or even months. I am sure that with the right help, SId's memory will recover.

Guest johnowls

Try not to get too downhearted about him not recognising you. My mum had a brain op after a stroke about 2 years ago and didn't recognise us when she woke up. It's really upsetting when it happens but it's a common thing with head trauma and given time things will hopefully pull themselves back together. The Northern General REALLY know what they're doing aswell in that department.

Get well soon Sid.

My mum was in osbourne at NGH and didn't recognize us for almost a year after she got brain damage due to a embolism.

After lots of drug balancing she got back to chatting and she still kept her memories from before it happened.

All the best to Sid and family and his mates.

The bucket collection in the Wednesdayite Lounge and car park raised an additional £134.70 for the fund.

This together with paypal donations of £602.17

Total fund now £736.87

How much was raised in The collection at the Crown organised by Walkey owl and is this to be added to the above or kept separate??

and £175 from Crown - gotta be close to a grand now....

Is there to be a collection at any forthcoming home game? I haven't donated yet but would like to, if all else fails I will donate through paypal, much prefer a bucket collection though.

There's a bucket collection at the Chesterfield match.

Guest romfordowl

There's a bucket collection at the Chesterfield match.

Hi Sam

Has anyone approached Alan Irvine and the players? You would think they may want to chip in?

Guest mrbluesky

Hi Sam

Has anyone approached Alan Irvine and the players? You would think they may want to chip in?

Excellent idea romford, can someone make this happen???

Guest missyowl

yes please,

Please email me you name, dob , email address and phone number to paul.holmes@wednesdayite.com - the details are required for the collection licence.

As the match is an earlier kick off (7:15) I haven't got full details from the club yet, but it is likely we will need to meet around 6pm.

Full detials will be sent to all volunteers around 3/4 days before the match.

details sent

Edited by missyowl