Matchday Ticket Prices Frozen

Whilst this is good, I expect we'll find a lot more matches at the highest price category than in previous seasons.

Marketing saw last season that our fans will pay the highest prices for tickets and they'll exploit it wherever possible.

I generally like our ownership at the moment but there's no charity in the way they run the club. That said, I'm a realist and they've got to make it profitable somehow.

It's just a shame that I can barely afford less than 10 matches a season nowadays.

Edited by Jarvy

3 minutes ago, Eaton_Swfc said:

Come on then Kivo ... Give us your two penneth

I don't think he bothers anymore because of all the poo he gets because he happens to passionately believe that football should be affordable to more people than it is - and that Wednesday are in the vanguard of baddies when it comes to ticket prices. That makes some people angry.

As for a ticket price freeze - what matters is the balance of categories. All we know for now is the maximum price hasn't changed. 

While clubs are coming down from the Premshit with a bobbar load of parachute payments, then clubs will have to charge these prices.

Don't get me wrong, I think the price to watch football is ludicrous, but until the Premiere league bubble bursts, it is what it is.

Mr Chansiri said from the start that the fans would have to contribute to whatever success the club will have.

Edited by adelphi1867

3 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Well at times last season the higher the price the bigger the attendance. The Wednesday fan dichotomy

Because the higher the price the bigger the game.  

People didn't come just because they thought "Marvellous I can pay nearly £50 today. Count me in!"

5 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

While clubs are coming down from the Premshit with a bobbar load of parachute payments, then clubs will have to charge these prices.

Don't get me wrong, I think the price to watch football is ludicrous, but until the Premiere league bubble bursts, it is what it is.

Mr Chansiri said from the start that the fans would have to contribute to whatever success the club will have.

So our prices aren't higher than other non-parachute payment clubs? 

Guest mkowl

The converse is a low price against the less interesting teams doesn't always seem to bring in numbers. Hence the use of the word dichotomy. DC must be quite confused by us as a group of fans

Guest mkowl

By that I mean that demand for tickets which you would expect to be some way contingent on price barely seems to be. It's more about the opposition and day of the game

More of it is why the crowd Isn't higher for the lower category games

11 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

This ^.

I'd love football to be cheaper, and cars, and petrol, and beer, and council tax.

16 minutes ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

So, the prices for each category are frozen, but games that were a Cat D last season, for example, may be a Cat C this season, therefore the match day prices will increase.

Won't know the real picture until the end of the season though!

I think a lot depends on how we're doing, if we're mid table come second half of season then expext lower priced category, if we're top 6 then expensive one's.