Forestieri appreciation thread

Starting this as there seems to be a minority on here that are determined to drive him out of our club.

No one was more disappointed with his actions against Norwich last August than me. I was fuming at the time and it took me along time for me to forgive him, but I did as I believe he made a mistake.

Since then we haven't seen the best of him on a regular basis. But how many players from last season have gone backwards in their performance? 95% of the squad in my opinion and that is more down to our negative tactics than a supposed 'poor attitude'.

If you play up front with our mentality you are going to struggle as you get no service. It would not have mattered if we had signed Lewandowski or Suarez in January they would not have made an impact.

Despite this, FF always gives it his all. Last night he wasn't close to being fully fit but still chased every lost cause and never gave up. His work rate was brilliant. He was the second best player in a Wednesday shirt and covers more ground in one game than Rhodes/Fletcher do in three. Anybody giving Fletcher a better mark than him needs their head examined.

Ability wise he is the best player we have had since the Prem days. I don't think anybody comes close to him. We need to build our team around him. Get him playing behind Hooper alongside someone with a bit of pace and he will thrive.

Whatever happens manager wise over the summer, it is absolutely essential we keep our best players.

Edited by Yoshihiro Sunbeam

Is it bad I've lost faith in the little maestro! He's a great player, and energy he gives on top of that is fantastic, but last season he got the ball and I would feel he'd skin someone or make something happen. Like I do with Knockheart, with Fredericks, young Kelly at Reading? 

This season, he's just not as effective. 

Im not sure building a team around his skill set wins promotion. Hooper and Rhodes fit and firing I think now, maybe that leaves a spell on the left or him coming on to terrorize in final 20-30 minutes but he's not a starting striker for me. 

Watching the game last night, it appeared he didn't volunteer to take the penalty he was actually stood behind Carlos out of the group. Carlos had to ask him. Agree he is a great player but not 100% he wants to be there. Don't think we should chase Rhodes often wondered why he never made a premiership move or played regularly for Scotland I could see why last night.

Edited by Fifeowl

FFS - We have put up with a lot with Forestieri.

Most of us wouldn't have even started him last night, he failed at Watford and ultimately he is failing here now.

Time to say thanks and goodbye. If we get a fair offer then take the money and run.

2 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Is it bad I've lost faith in the little maestro! He's a great player, and energy he gives on top of that is fantastic, but last season he got the ball and I would feel he'd skin someone or make something happen. Like I do with Knockheart, with Fredericks, young Kelly at Reading? 

This season, he's just not as effective. 

Im not sure building a team around his skill set wins promotion. Hooper and Rhodes fit and firing I think now, maybe that leaves a spell on the left or him coming on to terrorize in final 20-30 minutes but he's not a starting striker for me. 

I would not play him as a striker. Think we need a change in formation.

----------Westwood----------

-----Lees-----Hitch------New

New---Lee---Bannan---Reach

-----------FF--------New---------

--------------Hooper--------------

Or in the hole behind Hooper/Rhodes

Forestieri is most dangerous on the left hand side. But CC doesn't trust him helping defensively. It's negative tactics and lack of confidence by our manager which is why we haven't seen the best of FF this season.

His best performances come from the wide areas. Fact. Question me on that and I'll show you the amount of goals he's scored in his time here whilst drifting out onto the left. He's most effective there. He's not a forward. 

For me that penalty miss however shows why he will never be a Prem player. He'd missed that penalty as he was walking up to the ball. His head was down his body language was all wrong, the pressure got to him. Fantastic player questionable mental strength. I applaud him for stepping up when others didn't but a top footballer would have slotted that penalty home.

in terms of goals and assists he's had a pretty similar season to last. But he's just lacked his overall game for me this year! That little wasp from last season who sat between the defence and midfield and found space and caused carnage doesn't seem to be there anymore. 

2 minutes ago, Adam1867 said:

FFS - We have put up with a lot with Forestieri.

Most of us wouldn't have even started him last night, he failed at Watford and ultimately he is failing here now.

Time to say thanks and goodbye. If we get a fair offer then take the money and run.

So you would have started Reach on the left and played Rhodes up top with Fletcher?

Sitting back with two strikers with no work ethic and zero pace would have seen us slaughtered.