Only one question for the Chairman to answer...

I enjoy CC, I think he has been a complete breath of fresh air on our club.  There is however, only one question to answer with regard to going forward.

a.  Do we replace Carlos now, falling into that same routine that most clubs do, in search of the formula/spark to get us up into the Premier League?  

OR

b.  Do we keep him, disregard the obvious shortcomings, and continue the rebuilding of the club that has seen our Academy/Development players prosper, year on year improvement, stability and pride back to the club?

1 minute ago, spike1867 said:

I enjoy CC, I think he has been a complete breath of fresh air on our club.  There is however, only one question to answer with regard to going forward.

a.  Do we replace Carlos now, falling into that same routine that most clubs do, in search of the formula/spark to get us up into the Premier League?  

OR

b.  Do we keep him, disregard the obvious shortcomings, and continue the rebuilding of the club that has seen our Academy/Development players prosper, year on year improvement, stability and pride back to the club?

Genuinely though, both questions are loaded. 

I still don't know which way I'd vote. Luckily it's not my decision to make.

Guest Ferkorf

I think he may have already decided himself to step aside.

He did well though but I've always said with the backing of the chairmans tuna money most managers that are half decent should be able to reach the play offs.

Loved him as a character though and it would be ashame that he isn't having one last crack but if there are bigger plans on the horizon then its time to move forward

I don't know which way i want us to go at the minute, last night still feels raw. I really like CC, but his tactics have been poor and some of his team selections and subs seem very confusing. I wonder how much DC will back him in the summer transfer market if he does stay, CC has had a hell of a lot of money to spend and let's be honest a lot of that money spent so far hasn't given us the rewards it should have. 

I think Carlos will leave of his own accord. Not sure he has the fight for a 3rd term at Championship level when he's been away from his family for so long.

Personally, I'd like to see him stay - under one condition. We must go back to playing the type of football we know we can from his first season. This seasons football hasn't been played to suit a very expensive forward line and that makes little sense.

CC goes, we scrap 2 years of building and start again. A new manager will rip the team apart and fill it with his players. 

CC stays and we continue to show the same level of progression we have from last season to this and we're promoted. 

I know which one I prefer. Unfortunately, the majority of people that frequent this website are half-wits and will scream for change. 

Staggering

My question is this: is player-for-player our squad significantly worse that Brighton or Burnleys (two other teams who've recently been promoted playing 4-4-2), and I don't think it is, so are we underachieving?

But at the same time if you roll the dice things could get a lot worse as they did for Birmingham, Derby etc.

Its a tough one.

I'm torn really.

I'd be quite happy for Carlos to continue if he went back to the free flowing football of last season where players were allowed to express themselves & were selected because they were the best player in their position at the time.

However I'm not confident that will happen. Carlos will say we've improved, we finished 2 places higher with 7 seven points more than last season. But how many times have we all come away from Hillsborough this season saying "We'll that was crap, we were lucky to get 3 points there".

I'm not sure we could rely on the same levels of luck next season but on the other hand you can say we were unlucky with injuries to key players.

Edited by mogbad

2yrs of building isn't a long time for us to have progressed like we have under the new chairman. After last night and the season as a whole I am impatient and wanted premier league football,

Chansiri demands this - However it is a big risk bringing in new management especially with how much money these players have and are costing. Disrupting an expensive squad is something I'd be fearful of.

The main question from Chansiri should be; 'How come 11 players all of decent or exeptional quality don't look like a team when on the pitch' Carlos has what he needs, He needs to work it out -

One more season for me but I understand that grass may be greener on the other side, top 2 or nothing next year,

Get a good start and go for a Brighton, I know tactics have been dire but the main issue for me is getting the players together and playing as a team,

All so simple really but it was the manor of last night that we are too trusting in individuals to do something rather than the full team formula of getting at a team,

Today hurts, Hurts bad, Is it not August yet and have Reading not been promoted?,

Let some dust settle this week and take the league by storm next year - No playoffs please and like I say build a unit & team with what we have -

A lenghty pre season to figure it,

19 minutes ago, ramone said:

CC goes, we scrap 2 years of building and start again. A new manager will rip the team apart and fill it with his players. 

CC stays and we continue to show the same level of progression we have from last season to this and we're promoted. 

I know which one I prefer. Unfortunately, the majority of people that frequent this website are half-wits and will scream for change. 

Staggering

I'm with you on this one.

He's had 2 seasons at it.  We've finished 6th and 4th.

We HAVE to be aiming for top 2 next season and Carlos should have that opportunity.

2 or 3 key additions in the summer and a clear philosophy on how we are going to play to get the best out of 8m-10m pound striker.

A new manager has to start all over again and we could end up in midtable.

Edited by DesWalker

9 minutes ago, DesWalker said:

I'm with you on this one.

He's had 2 seasons at it.  We've finished 6th and 4th.

We HAVE to be aiming for top 2 next season and Carlos should have that opportunity.

2 or 3 key additions in the summer and a clear philosophy on how we are going to play to get the best out of 8m-10m pound striker.

A new manager has to start all over again and we could end up in midtable.

I'm not saying for one minute Carlos is blameless. I think he tried add bits this summer and add around it but unfortunately, his 2 'stellar signings' so to speak haven't worked. Abdi and Fletcher. Ok, Fletch came good at the end of the season in terms of his goals tally but his i'd give him 5/10 for the season and thats being generous. Abdi has just been a complete disaster. 

I think Carlos is popular with the players and I think that will go a long way with the chairman. Also, the chairman loves him as well. 

No way Carlos goes (unless Carlos walks) ((which I dont tink he will))

Edited by ramone

What are our objectives as a club?

If it's about free flowing attacking football then we have to accept that our points haul will be less predictable but we will have some fun games along the way- bit like Kevin Keegan at Newcastle.

If on the other hand we want promotion seeking football, this is built from well organised team that gives high importance to clean sheets while giving the front line opportunities to take the points - not nearly as exciting, some would say boring, but is more likely to deliver the desired result over the course of a season.

Think Carlos is a decent manager and he tried playing the percentages this season and it didn't quite work out.

We've made year on year improvement! We've learnt a different style to combat the way team have played against us.

We finished 4th after long periods of missing key players. I'm devastated to lose on pens but we were better than we were last year. 

Recruitment wise I like most people were super excited by Abdi, mcmanaman, Rhodes, Fletcher & Winnell. But impact hasn't match initial expectations. Thought we over paid for Reach but he's been solid without being outstanding.

we continue to build Carlos still has a dream!

Chansiri will sit down and review the season with Carlos.

we finished fourth.  So the club has progressed.  The issue is that the other five teams in the top six looked better - I, personally don't agree that it's got harder so we have to be more cautious.  Brighton didn't do that.

I'd prefer continuity- so would love Carlos to stay.  We know where we are weak compared to the other teams.