What have Brighton got that we don't?

1 minute ago, Finlux_Cup said:

Agreed about Brighton not being decades ahead of us, but they are at least 3 full years in front and after the move from the Withdean they've benefitted from a far better infrastructure.

That said, we're not a million miles away from them on the pitch and our infrastructure is slowly getting better, Brighton deserve to be in the position they are but we're doggedly challenging them for that position.

Exactly. 

They've got a great new stadium, training complex etc. 

But I doubt certain posters would be crying about them being "decades" ahead if they weren't currently top of the league. 

No denying that we have a long way to go, but we are getting there. 

57 minutes ago, Morepork said:

I'd take the bottom one, but then I am biased...... how much harder must we have to work when making a signing, especially a young one.

Hopefully they neglect to show the training ground to be recruits and instead take them into the ground via the South stand bridge. Creates a much better impression. 

4 minutes ago, poite said:

A manager who understands this league inside out and who knows how the grind out wins.

sorry

Yes cc has his plan and he's not budging, will it work I don't know but its hard work supporting it at present.

On 04/01/2017 at 18:16, 31Dec1966 said:

1. An owner who, according to a Brighton fan on here has put over £240 MILLION into the club.

2. Located in a very affluent area.

3. No close competition.

4.  Glenn Murray, who consistently scores goals.

5. I think on Channel 5 they said they'd lost 9 games in the last 71 which is phenomenal. Consistency, that's what you need.

6. Owner has stuck with Hughton, some clubs would have sacked him after we beat them in last years semifinal.

1. Yup. He paid for the stadium, the training facilities in Lancing, and covers the debt year on year. While he'd like to see some of that back, he's not exactly busting anyone's balls for it.
2. Not sure what that has to do with it. There's some affluent areas in Sheffield. There's some pretty effluent areas here...
3. Except London - 50 miles away. But I get your point.
4. Should never have left.
5. 7 in 71. 5 in all of 2016 (a club record for a calendar year), 28 wins in 2016 (a club record for a calendar year), and 32 goals conceded (a club record for a calendar year). Mildly satisfactory.
6. Offloading Hughton would have caused a riot. We were all impressed and proud of what he achieved, especially on the back of the previous season's twaddle. We knew we'd have a better season, but weren't expecting that. This season, there has been a greater expectation, but Hughton, total professional that he is, has taken that all in his stride. Sacking him would have been a petulant reaction. Consistency was what we needed, consistency is what we have got.

At this stage, Newcastle aren't our concern. It's whoever is in third. We are crap at play-offs, so could do with avoiding them this year...

2 minutes ago, Highbury Owl said:

Its about as far away from central Brighton as you can get. Probably closer to Lewes and quicker to get to from Lewes.

Yup. And...?

It's in Brighton - everything else is just white noise.

1 minute ago, Cersei said:

We have a template to go up; we need to buy decent players and need a manager with promotion out this league on their CV.

Every manager with promotion out of this league on their CV had zero promotions out of this league on their CV before they achieved their first promotion out of this league. FACT.

1 minute ago, roaminowl said:

Every manager with promotion out of this league on their CV had zero promotions out of this league on their CV before they achieved their first promotion out of this league. FACT.

I was just summarising tbf.