Drop+who+?

On 20 August 2016 at 16:32, sonofbert2 said:

Westwood

Hunt   Lees   Hutch    Pudil

Lee    Jones   Abdi     FF

Hooper  Fletcher

Strength/creativity in the middle.

Something to worry about and energy down the flanks and takes pressure off fullbacks.

System we're used to with a strong spine.

Gets my vote

Just to add......

we finished sixth last season, comfortable but quite a bit off automatic promotion. We also failed to beat the top 5 during the season. Great improvement on previous seasons and a really good squad, but to improve we have to change. That means, IMO midfield. Even though BB and Lee are crowd favourites and good footballers, we need better (I'm not just singling these two out). 

We've bought 2 very good CM players with proven promotion pedigree in them, Abdi & Jones. Eventually Carlos has to grasp the nettle and start making major changes, otherwise this season could stutter through the early months and CC might find himself out the door. 

Guest wilyfox
Just now, Essix Blue said:

Just to add......

we finished sixth last season, comfortable but quite a bit off automatic promotion. We also failed to beat the top 5 during the season. Great improvement on previous seasons and a really good squad, but to improve we have to change. That means, IMO midfield. Even though BB and Lee are crowd favourites and good footballers, we need better (I'm not just singling these two out). 

We've bought 2 very good CM players with proven promotion pedigree in them, Abdi & Jones. Eventually Carlos has to grasp the nettle and start making major changes, otherwise this season could stutter through the early months and CC might find himself out the door. 

Oi, where's McManaman? Done, you said. 

Drop the full backs... Bring in Loovrns to a center back trio of Lee, Loovens, Hutch. 

Then width and and energy of FF left and Buckley Right. 

Any 3 of Abdi, Lee, Bannan and Jones with fletch and hooper up front. 

If this was a football computer game the full back positions be bringing our average rating down, drop them if we have width available. 

3 hours ago, wilyfox said:

Cirkey, what formation is that, a 3-1-bottle of Jack Daniels? 

Sorry.... Our defence is all over the place today !!

Goal.     Westwood

should read a back four of Palmer Lees. Loovens/Hutch  Pudl

.                   Holding midfield.  Jones

3 across middle Bannon Adbi Lee

2 strikers. Fletcher and Forrestieri

bloody computers

5 hours ago, gurujuan said:

I don't believe we yet have the personnel that will allow us to find the right blend

Of course we do.

We were terrific last year and have swapped Fletcher for Joao and Abdi for Lopez.

Once Carlos picks 11 players in their correct positions and on form, we will be fine.

On 8/20/2016 at 15:55, SallyCinnamon said:

Drop Lee to right back.

Not ideal but he'd be so much better than Hunt there IMO. He's got the energy to get up and down. 

Matias Jones Abdi Bannan

Forestieri

Fletcher

Try that when everyone is fully fit. It's difficult because I don't think Bannan is effective out wide, but it's essential for me that Abdi plays in the middle. And Jones looked very tidy when he came on today. Can see him sitting in front of the back four steadying the ship and providing some strength.

and the key is?????? FF moves to left giving u Bannon & Abdi in middle - simples

Westwood

Lees Sasso Hutch

Jones

Buckley. Lee  Bannan 

Abdi

Fletcher FF

Far too radical for CC to even consider, but essentially allows most to play in their favoured positions. Jones to drop into midfield if needed. Bannan whilst not an out and out winger can provide quality from the flanks. Abdi in the attacking midfield role, and FF for me playing up top. 

Abdi can drop back into a cm role if needed, to make a 5 if Jones moves up as well.

Many have identified the glaring errors so far this season in terms of personnel playing out of position, at least the above formation addresses this somewhat.

On 20 August 2016 at 16:55, SallyCinnamon said:

Drop Lee to right back.

Not ideal but he'd be so much better than Hunt there IMO. He's got the energy to get up and down. 

Matias Jones Abdi Bannan

Forestieri

Fletcher

Try that when everyone is fully fit. It's difficult because I don't think Bannan is effective out wide, but it's essential for me that Abdi plays in the middle. And Jones looked very tidy when he came on today. Can see him sitting in front of the back four steadying the ship and providing some strength.

On 20 August 2016 at 16:58, Stoop said:

Lee and Bannan seem untouchable, but I'd like to see Abdi and Jones together next weekend 

On 20 August 2016 at 17:05, BarnsleyOwl96 said:

Jones and abdi for ME central with bazza out left and need to sign a proper right midfielder. Drop wallace and for me maybe even try Lee at RB as he's played there for most of his career 

On 20 August 2016 at 17:18, Cheshowl said:

Get Hutch back in midfield for the next match if Loovens is fit. I don't want to see Abdi or Bannan played on the left out of position, completely ineffective and a waste of talent. Abdi and hutch in the centre next game for me, the rest haven't performed well enough (Abdi out of position).  As others have said, it's a squad game. Bannan and Lee are untouched at their best but they've been far from it this season so far.

On 20 August 2016 at 17:35, ViolaOwls said:

Buckley for lee, joa for hooper.

On 20 August 2016 at 18:09, S36 OWL said:

Id like to see Lee drop to Right back , Jones sat in front of back four in his natural position and a four man midfield in front of him 

Jones

Buckley  Abdi  Bannan  Fessi 

On 21 August 2016 at 01:00, aeroswfc said:

Westwood

Hunt

Lees

Hutchinson

Pudil

Matias

Jones

Bannan

Buckley

Forestieri

Hooper

Subs: Wildsmith, Abdi, Fletcher, Joao, Lee, Sasso, Wallace.

On 21 August 2016 at 01:10, Liamswfc92 said:

Westwood

-

Lee

Lees

Hutch

Pudil

-

Bannan

Abdi

Jones

-

Matias

Fletch

Forestieri

On 21 August 2016 at 09:02, BRADFIELDOWLS said:

Wallace and Hunt, with Lee to right back.

Buckley and Jones in , plus Mawson from Barnsley - just pay  up. And throw in Lavery and McGugan to shut up their fans. 

On 21 August 2016 at 09:11, Chris Akabusi said:

For me, Bannan, Lee and Wallace all deserve to be dropped. 

We've got a regular premier league starter from last season playing out of position and someone in Jones who played a lot got games in a championship winning side last season. 

Bannan and Lee simply aren't doing it at the min and we have genuine quality that can replace them. 

On 21 August 2016 at 19:14, handworth52 said:

For away game I would try

Westwood 

Lee      loovens  Lees   new left back 

Buckley hutch   Jones   matias 

Ff            fletcher 

For home game Ff out left or right with extra striker . Abdi  bannon on bench not sure about hooper Wallace maybe move them out too lazy for me .we would be a lot more solid with that line up 

On 21 August 2016 at 19:37, daleblue said:

so would I, put lee in at RB,  Jones in front of the back four, Buckley wide right, Abdi, Bannan, FF,

And that is why CC is in charge...

DROP LEE!

4 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

And that is why CC is in charge...

DROP LEE!

Hate people who say I told you so. There's no getting away from the fact that lee wasn't up to his usual standards when all those posts were made. Yesterday doesn't change that. He was superb yesterday and now it's his shirt to lose but no one could have grumbled if he was dropped before yesterday

If we could turn back time pal. Lee was droppable a few weeks ago. Just like Tom lees is at the minute. Find it amusing you have had to dig deep in the owlstalk library to try and make a point. What the point is, I'm not sure. Lee was very good yesterday, was after he made the howler against Wigan to get hutch sent off. So one and half games makes him unstoppable. I said it in another comment every player is droppable 

51 minutes ago, modboy said:

Like how Abdi kept the game ticking over when he played in his natural position yesterday. Time to rotate by resting bannan (my personal favourite player) midweek 

Did nothing sparkling when he came on, but didn't make any mistakes or give the ball away. 

Maybe he will now get a chance, with the next game 2 days away. 

Personally, I still think the 4-2-3-1 system should be given another go, with Abdi in the 10 position and Bannan in front of the back 4 with Lee - but does that restrict Lee too much??

its a tough one - that's why CC earns the ££

57 minutes ago, modboy said:

Like how Abdi kept the game ticking over when he played in his natural position yesterday. Time to rotate by resting bannan (my personal favourite player) midweek 

He did nothing and set up nothing hes obviously a fine player but as yet has done nothing in a blue shirt to deserve his deification

This Abdi love in is getting ridiculous now 

The way Bannan gets castigated by some on here you deserve the kind of midfielders we've had for the past 20 years 

31 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

He did nothing and set up nothing hes obviously a fine player but as yet has done nothing in a blue shirt to deserve his deification

This Abdi love in is getting ridiculous now 

The way Bannan gets castigated by some on here you deserve the kind of midfielders we've had for the past 20 years 

He got 15 minutes at a point in the game where either team could have won. 

Hes also playing for his place in the starting 11. 

You cant expect him to look a world beater and totally change the game in such a short period.