Drop+who+?

16 hours ago, BarnsleyOwl96 said:

Bannan, Lee Abdi Or Jones ?

For me, Bannan, Lee and Wallace all deserve to be dropped. 

We've got a regular premier league starter from last season playing out of position and someone in Jones who played a lot got games in a championship winning side last season. 

Bannan and Lee simply aren't doing it at the min and we have genuine quality that can replace them. 

Edited by Chris Akabusi

47 minutes ago, james o connor said:

I feel sorry for abdi drops down a league and gets played out of position and hooked at half time twice. Bannan has been dogger for the last two game with lee not much better .

Although Bannan was excellent at Norwich. We certainly haven't got the mix right, and in fact, haven't even got the right ingredients

Edited by gurujuan

I kep reading about the fact we need some wingers. We don't play with wingers. Sougou never gets a game, and when Buckley comes on we play him full back. 

Our single biggest issue appears to be the fact we've been worked out. All that tippy tappy stuff in midfield is now countered by teams who pack the middle of the pitch, and expose our lack of pace by hitting us on the break. Our lack of pace means we also can't get behind teams, to give us an option rather than hitting Fletcher. 

We are playing in front of teams, and most of the time in our own half. We need to turn teams round, and get around their box more. 

30 minutes ago, Danish said:

For next game:

Westwood

Hunt Lees Hutch Pudil

Jones

Buckley Lee FF

Abdi

Fletcher

Jones to screen the back four, Buckley for some pace.

Lee and Abdi pushing forward in support of Fletcher.

Jones can't tackle his way out of a paper bag

We have some problems when it comes to selecting our best team, mainly around where to play FF and Hutchinson + the fact we only really have 1 out and out winger.

CC likes to play 442, with FF and Wallace out wide, and Bannan/Lee is the centre. This can work when they all play well, this cannot work against the physical teams as we saw vs Hull and more recently Burton and Leeds. In perspective, Bridcutt and Viera are 2 above average Championship midfielders, we made them look excellent yesterday because they are simply ball winners, strong physical players that protect the back 4 and stopped our midfield 2 from creating anything.

We don't have an answer for when we play teams that set up to counter our midfield duo of Bannan/Lee, (just like vs Hull with Livermore & Huddlestone). I'm not saying we should stop playing them together, because they are both excellent players and on there day are good enough to make it work. But yesterday was a prime example of how when we lack that dominating CM who protects the back 4, we are simply left too exposed and ask Bannan/Lee to do to much.

On top of that, we need to start playing FF behind the striker. Fessi is an excellent player, he works hard, he's quick and very good on the ball, that's why he looks good when we stick him LW. But he's better behind the striker in that #10 role where he doesn't have to track back and we can get him on the ball more with more freedom to roam across the front line.

Our problem is that;

1-We don't have anyone else to play LM (Unless you force Abdi outwide which obviously isn't working)

2-By playing Fessi behind the striker, that basically limits us to playing 1 up top (Which Hooper struggles to do), it also nullifies Abdi, as see above ^^ and without a 'proper' LM we become far to reliant on attacking down the right side with Wallace/Hunt all game, which teams are now getting wise to and setting up to stop that threat accordingly.

THEN, we have the problem of where to play Hutchinson. I think this is universal when i say we are better team with him than without, he must play when fit. He has been excellent in CB so far this season, but without somebody doing what he does in the CDM role we are exposed. David Jones is a good player, but i'm not sure he's what we need at the minute, more suited to Lee/Bannan style of play then Hutchinson's. I think we possibly still need to bring in a player like Alex Tetty/Carlos Sanchez/Jake Livermore type stature, a midfield general.

Going forward, i still think we need a CDM, LB and a LM. I haven't seen enough of Buckley (Can he play LM?) yet and Matias seems to have vanished but it's obvious Wallace can't do it for 46 games a season. Hunt and Pudil are being scapegoated, good players, more attacking minded fullbacks than defensive (Both started careers as wingers) but leave the abuse out. Desperately need a quick LB as back up for Pudil though, teams will expose his lack of pace more and more as we saw yesterday, and Hunt maybe needs to be dropped for a few games and Palmer given a run in. 

Team for Brentford;

Westwood

Hunt     Lees    Hutchinson   Pudil

Jones         Lee

Buckley          FF             Bannan

Fletcher

Being hypocritical here but so hard to leave out Bannan or Lee, Buckley needs a run in and brings much needed pace to the side, Fletcher is better as a lone striker than Hooper and Abdi hasn't done enough for me so far this season to start.

I just do not think the CC has any idea what his best side is at the moment( the man is out of his depth), we lack physical size and strength in the middle of the team, this leads to both lack of support for the Forwards and the defence.

Yesterday, and Tuesday at Burton both showed that we are a team of one dimension. If any team come and plays the passing game against us we will beat them, but as soon as a team shows any resistance using fitness, organisation, discipline or physicality, we have no idea how to combat them.

For me we need the following. All 4 of Jones, Abdi,Bannon and Lee, but in a different formation.

Westwood

Palmer                  Lees                    Hutchinson/Loovens             Pudl

Jones

Bannon                        Abdi                        Lee

Fletcher           Forrestieri

Wildsmith    Sasso    Matias    Hooper Joao  Wallace

On 20 August 2016 at 15:53, BarnsleyOwl96 said:

Bannan, Lee Abdi Or Jones ?

Lee.            Jones.            Bannan

Abdi.               Foresteri

.                   Fletcher

thats what I'd at least try

For away game I would try

Westwood 

Lee      loovens  Lees   new left back 

Buckley hutch   Jones   matias 

Ff            fletcher 

For home game Ff out left or right with extra striker . Abdi  bannon on bench not sure about hooper Wallace maybe move them out too lazy for me .we would be a lot more solid with that line up 

Give Abdi a shot in central midfield alongside Hutch (assuming Loovens fit). Buckley and FF wide. Wallace and the apparently undroppable Bannan not earning the start of late. Lee unlucky to miss out but would probably do a better job than Hunt at RB. Need Hutch or similar in the middle as a priority.

On 20/08/2016 at 16:13, vulva said:

I can't see the point of having a big squad if you've no intention of playing them. 

I like Pudil, but I'd drop him, Wallace and Hunt. 

so would I, put lee in at RB,  Jones in front of the back four, Buckley wide right, Abdi, Bannan, FF,

Guest wilyfox
1 hour ago, Whatahoot said:

For me we need the following. All 4 of Jones, Abdi,Bannon and Lee, but in a different formation.

Westwood

Palmer                  Lees                    Hutchinson/Loovens             Pudl

Jones

Bannon                        Abdi                        Lee

Fletcher           Forrestieri

Wildsmith    Sasso    Matias    Hooper Joao  Wallace

Cirkey, what formation is that, a 3-1-bottle of Jack Daniels? 

On Saturday, August 20, 2016 at 15:59, fudge27 said:

Ffs!

most of you lot are in the Stone Age. Right now so is CC.

modern football is a squad game and we have 4 very good midfielders (their variation is another topic) but they should be rotated in and our formation should be tweaked depending on who we play and formation we line up with.

The fans and management need to get used to having more then 11 good players and stop shoe horning some players in to the team.

round pegs in round holes and all that

So Carlos doesnt know that!?? He will sort this out

We have to start dropping players and benching them. Look at Newcastle for example they have Hanley, Shelvey on the bench, they had Ritchie on bench other day too . They will have to bench potentially gayle when mitrovic is available . Bannan, Lee , wallace and hunt can be benched