What the rest of the league are getting up too. (Transfer Update)

1 hour ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I still think Fletcher and Abdi are two of the best signings made by Championship clubs this summer.

On paper yes. Yet there's other much much urgent areas of the team that needed addressing than midfield and up front.

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

That may be true, but we still haven't addressed the areas that need strengthening.

Not all, but some. Window ain't closed yet. Team isn't up to speed yet either. 

1 hour ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Newcastle policy clear, take best players from any potential rivals. Would have had FF if given chance, wouldn't they.

Fine, but should they go up they will be saddled with a lot of Champ players on long contracts...not an ideal position to be in if they are looking to stay up

8.5 for Vydra?!? Jesus hes certainly not worth anywhere near that, he didn't exactly pull any trees up at Reading last season 

7 hours ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

Fine, but should they go up they will be saddled with a lot of Champ players on long contracts...not an ideal position to be in if they are looking to stay up

They'll probably sell a few off, even if they take a hit on the fees because they will be getting well over 100 million extra revenue. The way transfer fees are going they might even make a profit.

On 26 August 2016 at 23:19, Groundhopping Owl said:

Appreciate the detailed reply. I've not seen huge amounts but I've enjoyed watching Hearts' fantastic re-build job with all the young players and Walker seems to be one of the players at the forefront of the rebuild, every time I've watched Hearts play he seems to be one of the best players on the pitch. Kitchen appears to be a cracking signing, one of those prototypical young American players who will boss midfield by running their blood to water.

By sheer coincidence I'll actually be at the Celtic v Aberdeen game tomorrow so I'll see if anyone would make the grade for us :biggrin:

I'm so proud of what we've achieved as a club. We've kept the club alive and in its current format, raised millions and we continue to raise millions every season from pledges, we only got relegated with the points deduction (we got more points than Hibs) and by having a team of kids, and then beat Rangers and Hibs to the title the following year by more than 20 points setting records in the process. We've got the new stand coming along, we qualified for Europe in our first season back, it's an exciting time to be a Hearts fan at the moment.

I agree there's some real value that could be gained from signing younger players in the MLS. I would like to think Wednesday are at least looking.

Did you enjoy the game yesterday?

Clubs panicking, obscene money being spent especially by derby. Dont get me wrong, both are decent but nowhere near that level of money. Bristol will be laughing all the way to the bank.

As for Newcastle, they have money to burn, but £5m for a player who is 33 and going to be anonymous in the premier league is ridiculous for effectively one season. Just shows the financial gulf we have to compete against.