What the rest of the league are getting up too. (Transfer Update)

2 minutes ago, scram said:

Said it many times - best attacking CM in the division - so don't play him wide - that'd be my opinion

Maybe it's easier to play him wide because he has just made 30+ premier league appearances in that position

I think things will evolve and Abdi will become a pivotal player in central midfield - and we'll benefit from him being there

In muy opinion, most of the recent issues have arisen because Carlos does not want to make the tough decision. We have an embarrassment of riches in Lee, Bannan and Abdi but it is wrong to forsake the balance of the team to try and accommodate all three.

We should revert to having a holding midfield player (Jones/Hutchinson) with either Lee, Bannan or Abdi in the CM role then FF/Reach out left and another natural winger out on the right hand side. 

Abdi would be my choice for CM simply based on his superior all round skill and finishing ability but Lee and Bannan are obviously great back up to have.

Daryl Murphy deal amuses me,  be lucky to see 10/15 games in a Newcastle shirt , once there promoted he will be out the door , bet he's laughing his way to the bank 

terrible way of doing buisness 

25 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

Maybe Carlos thinks abdi not up to speed yet not how much of a pre season abdi had with Watford I'm sure he's come here to play centre mid

Clearly isn't fully match fit

10 minutes ago, joelswfc said:

Adomah is exactly the type of player we need. If we are spending mega bucks I would love us to spend them on him this week.

Aye, just what we need. Personally I'd be happy with any out of Reach; Anya, Adomah, Russell or McManaman on the wing. Hope those are on our radar. Still hoping for full back upgrades and one more striker too.

Really starting to fall out with football.

This division is slowly becoming a smaller Premiership with all the money being spent, and the FA have made it difficult for anyone other than the teams with Parachute payments to compete. 

Edited by Skyline

41 minutes ago, S_W_F_C said:

You look at this as a Wednesday fan and if it was us id be outraged.

But Newcastle is different. Even if they loan sissoko out for a season that probably covers the fee for Murphy and his wages for 2 seasons.

Thats the advantage they have. 

I get that it's not a massive financial outlay for them, just think it's a terrivle policy to sign players like that 

Guest wilyfox
3 minutes ago, S_W_F_C said:

Would happily have either but both totally unrealistic for different reasons 

Of course, but hypothetically speaking. Big Russell fan. 

4 hours ago, edinburghowl said:

I'm so proud of what we've achieved as a club. We've kept the club alive and in its current format, raised millions and we continue to raise millions every season from pledges, we only got relegated with the points deduction (we got more points than Hibs) and by having a team of kids, and then beat Rangers and Hibs to the title the following year by more than 20 points setting records in the process. We've got the new stand coming along, we qualified for Europe in our first season back, it's an exciting time to be a Hearts fan at the moment.

I agree there's some real value that could be gained from signing younger players in the MLS. I would like to think Wednesday are at least looking.

Did you enjoy the game yesterday?

So you should be, you've done an absolutely fantastic job and I'd love to see clubs follow your model. Achieving European football in your first season back was a fantastic achievement. Good result yesterday for you too ;)

I enjoyed the trip, Celtic Park is very large and impressive, albeit ageing. 4-1 flattered Celtic, there wasn't an awful lot of quality on display - Kolo Toure was an absolute car crash at the back, highlighted even more by Sviatchenko alongside him who would probably be the only player I'd be excited to see us sign from yesterday. Griffiths scored a great goal then disappeared, likewise Forrest. 

2 hours ago, scram said:

Said it many times - best attacking CM in the division - so don't play him wide - that'd be my opinion

Maybe it's easier to play him wide because he has just made 30+ premier league appearances in that position

I think things will evolve and Abdi will become a pivotal player in central midfield - and we'll benefit from him being there

Do you think he could play there in a 2 with Jones or would he be better being the most advanced of a centre 3?

Edited by HirstWhoScoredIt

1 hour ago, Milan Missing Marble said:

Aye, just what we need. Personally I'd be happy with any out of Reach; Anya, Adomah, Russell or McManaman on the wing. Hope those are on our radar. Still hoping for full back upgrades and one more striker too.

Staton said on FH that we turned down the chance to sign Mcmanaman. Hopefully it'll be another Sasso situation where we go back for him 

44 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

Do you think he could play there in a 2 with Jones or would he be better being the most advanced of a centre 3?

That's what I was asking Scram, and has he ever done so. It's hard to gauge from what we've seen so far He certainly has the talent, and looks more suited to a central role, but just being one of a two, demands so much energy. As I said, it's hard to tell, but he looks to me to be the sort of player who'd be happier in a three man midfield

Guest wilyfox

Pete O'Rourke‏ @SportsPeteO
Red Bull Leipzig beat a host of clubs to land Nottingham Forest winger Oliver Burke in £13m deal. #nffc #RBLeipzig

:wacko: