What the rest of the league are getting up too. (Transfer Update)

Guest wilyfox
4 minutes ago, S_W_F_C said:

I read something about this team. I think they were promoted to the German top flight with a lot of money behind them 

I know Leipzig spend a lot on young talent. Just surprised Germany would be his preferred destination at this time. 

2 hours ago, gurujuan said:

That's what I was asking Scram, and has he ever done so. It's hard to gauge from what we've seen so far He certainly has the talent, and looks more suited to a central role, but just being one of a two, demands so much energy. As I said, it's hard to tell, but he looks to me to be the sort of player who'd be happier in a three man midfield

Abdi has generally played in a 3 from what i have seen - and i aways thought we would more likely play with a 3 and maybe see a striker making way

I think he's a great signing but it would represent a bit of a waste if he doesn't get to play in his best position

I think he can play in a 2 but again, it wouldn't be his strength

14 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

SSN . West Brom expect Callam McMannaman and Ricky Lambert to leave on permanent transfers before the window closes. 

Newcastle are favourites to sign McMannaman. 

12 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

SSN . West Brom expect Callam McMannaman and Ricky Lambert to leave on permanent transfers before the window closes. 

McManaman & Lambert or Reach & Rhodes would be a statement of intent but they'll probably end up at the relegated sides or the likes of Derby and Wolves, etc because they seem to be able to spend whatever they like.

12 minutes ago, Milan Missing Marble said:

McManaman & Lambert or Reach & Rhodes would be a statement of intent but they'll probably end up at the relegated sides or the likes of Derby and Wolves, etc because they seem to be able to spend whatever they like.

Wasn't it said that Wednesday didn't think much to CM attitude ??  Lambert obviously has a record at this level that speaks for itself but i think his best days are behind him

2 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Wasn't it said that Wednesday didn't think much to CM attitude ??  Lambert obviously has a record at this level that speaks for itself but i think his best days are behind him

Indeed, we have Fletcher who is a younger version of Lambert. 

If we're signing another striker he needs to be speedy or / prolific scorer 

Guest wilyfox

Interestingly, Pulis reckons WBA will get their money back on McManaman, and possibly make a profit on Lambert. I'd like to know who would pay 3mil+ on Rickie Lambert in his current state, so I can laugh. 

Edited by wilyfox

14 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Interestingly, Pulis reckons WBA will get their money back on McManaman, and possibly make a profit on Lambert. I'd like to know who would pay 3mil+ on Rickie Lambert in his current state, so I can laugh. 

lol Newcastle , Derby and Villa are probably daft enough to pay over three mill on Lambert 

In the current market £3m for Lambert is a good deal. It will be his wages that are the problem, as I guess he signed a huge deal at Liverpool, which was carried across to West Brom. Probably the reason why he is still there. 

Guest wilyfox
2 minutes ago, vulva said:

In the current market £3m for Lambert is a good deal. It will be his wages that are the problem, as I guess he signed a huge deal at Liverpool, which was carried across to West Brom. Probably the reason why he is still there. 

Give over. He's washed up. By his own admission, he's not been good enough since leaving Southampton. If he moves somewhere and does well, fair play to him. But right now, 3mil looks a bad investment on a 34yr-old has-been. 

18 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Give over. He's washed up. By his own admission, he's not been good enough since leaving Southampton. If he moves somewhere and does well, fair play to him. But right now, 3mil looks a bad investment on a 34yr-old has-been. 

The key phrase is 'in the current market'. In normal times, I would agree. 

Guest wilyfox
9 minutes ago, vulva said:

The key phrase is 'in the current market'. In normal times, I would agree. 

'In the current market' he's still a washed up 34yr-old has-been. 

Guest wilyfox
23 minutes ago, S_W_F_C said:

Correct if we paid that kind of money for Lambert we deserve FFP penalties 

What did they pay for Mcmanaman? Was it 3.5? 

Circa 4.75, I believe. Bit too strong, in my opinion. 3 would be fair, given that he's not pulled up any trees there.