Loan deadline thurs 5pm

Guest Gazzaswfc

The only players we need now are good players to gel in the side for a permanent move next season and, as no club is going to let good players out on loan at this point, I can't see us getting anyone in, I just want good players in before pre-season training starts so we hit the ground running.

Edited by VintageOwl

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Think Buxton may go out on loan. We have enough cover at RB and LB. Also, Zayatte's injury doesnt seem so bad and Kelhar is almost fit. He won't even make the bench. McCabe may also go out. As for ins, I don't expect anyone.

Sheffield Wednesday: Stuart Gray to take striker hunt down to the wire.

06:00Thursday 26 March 2015

Stuart Gray is still attempting to bring in a striker before the loan window closes for the final time this afternoon.

The Owls head coach has until 5pm today to make a loan signing and remains keen to add a striker to his ranks for the final seven games of the Championship campaign.Gray finally had success in his search for a winger when bringing in Lloyd Isgrove on loan from Southampton late last week.

And he will be hoping to find the final piece of his puzzle before today’s emergency loan deadline.“We would like to get some players in,†Gray said.“We will be getting some answers on whether clubs are willing to let their players out.â€â€œWe are still looking add to the forwards area.

“But, as I’ve said before, we only want players who are better than what we already have. Anyone else would defeat the object.â€

Gray has been left frustrated for much of the season over the lack of availability of quality forwards in the loan market.He has regularly expressed his disappointment over clubs not making players available for loan.

The urgency of his search grew when on loan forward Will Keane suffered a knee injury in the draw with Fulham earlier this month.Keane’s absence left the Owls with just Stevie May and Atdhe Nuhiu as fully fit recognised strikers, pushing Gray to recall Caolan Lavery from his loan at Chesterfield.

Gray remains hopeful that Keane could be back with the Owls after the international break with the injury not as severe as first predicted.He said: “Fingers crossed he will be okay after the international break is over.

“He’s Man United’s player so they are giving him treatment at the moment.“We are in dialogue with them on a daily basis.“It was not as bad as first feared.â€

Liam Hoden

http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/sheff-weds/sheffield-wednesday-stuart-gray-to-take-striker-hunt-down-to-the-wire-1-7175930

Edited by paddyowl