Squad Complete?

Wouldnt be surprised to see Drenthe play centrally for that creative element - maintaining Maghoma and Maguire out wide

Fair point - strolling around the centre circle bossing the game with the odd sprint raid between their CBs would suit him and us down to the ground...

Wouldnt be surprised to see Drenthe play centrally for that creative element - maintaining Maghoma and Maguire out wide

Neither of those has impressed hugely so far this season although obviously Maguire has shown previously what he can do. Hopefully Drenthe and Hope will get opportunities and put pressure on them both.

Edited by Dagmeister

Fair point - strolling around the centre circle bossing the game with the odd sprint raid between their CBs would suit him and us down to the ground...

If he's capable of that then great........a tad underwhelmed by this signing tbh, though would love to be proven wrong.

Would love an experienced centre mid with a good football head and killer passes on a year loan

Loads of us have been saying this for such a long time now.....it's just so bloody obvious ain't it?

Maghoma has been fine all season for me - off day on Saturday but they wont have great games every week

He's been OK and he looked terrific for 45 minutes against Derby. Since then he's seemed to run up blind alleys quite a bit although I do think he has the makings.  Maguire has not hit his A game so far and needs competition

Edited by Dagmeister

We have Buxton/Palmer/Hutch/Lees who are all comfy at rightback so thats the last thing we need plus a kid in development squad who was just OK v Barnsley pre-season.

Spend what we have if anything on the best Centre Mid we can afford now but cant for the life of me think of a creative passer for middle of park at a reasonable price?

Guest conisbrough

When we play 4 4 2 With 2 wingers and 2 attacking full backs you need 2 who can defend in middle of park. Coke has done excellently this season and this needs to be recognised has played well against who ever he has come up against. Admit in 4 5 1 formation room for a more creative player but difficult to find creative player with real defensive qualities.

We have Buxton/Palmer/Hutch/Lees who are all comfy at rightback so thats the last thing we need plus a kid in development squad who was just OK v Barnsley pre-season.

Spend what we have if anything on the best Centre Mid we can afford now but cant for the life of me think of a creative passer for middle of park at a reasonable price?

The lack of CMs mentioned on here in general shows that there arent too many available. Would have to be a lower league gamble, or a premiership loan. You'd like to think we could find a loan though.

Reckon the final piece of the squad jigsaw ,the midfielder we are all craving will be a long term loan in the next couple of weeks...Hopefully Maguires top form will return sooner rather than later in the meantine as he seems well under par to me at the moment and will make one hell of a difference to us going forward creatively speaking!

Edited by Prendo's boots

Reckon the final piece of the squad jigsaw ,the midfielder we are all craving will be a long term loan in the next couple of weeks...Hopefully Maguires top form will return sooner rather than later in the meantine as he seems well under par to me at the moment and will make one hell of a difference to us going forward creatively speaking!

It seems as if Gray sees the last piece, for the time being anyway, as another forward. According to the Telegraph, Gray plans to bring in another forward when the window opens. An experienced striker would be a useful addition