Do you remember the good games or the bad ones the most?

For me it's always the bad. I can remember getting relegated in 1990, as clear as day. Likewise, the 1993 FA cup replay. I just remember the car park after. Gutted. 

The good times, not so much. I've no idea why, but the painful times have stuck more in my memory, sadly.

Got a Liverpool fan at work, he was absolutely destroyed this morning. Said he was done watching them this season now. They’re not used to losing too many matches and have no built in resilience.

Our many downs are what makes our highs so good and memorable.. Bit like fishing, the blanks are valuable days that teach you the value of the good days..

Bit entitled aren’t they..

• Like 7
  • Love 1

Good ones for me without a doubt. Big games obviously stand out regardless of the result, but as last week showed, those of us who were at Blackburn when Mellor scored still remember that night really well. Of course I remember the relegation in 1990 when we lost to Forest, but I dont remember too much from that season.  However, in the 79/80 season I can still remember lots about the Blackburn game, Exeter away, BDM and United away, as well as a few others. Same applies to the 90/91 season, starting with Ipswich away, Hull at home, the Cup run  (particularly Coventry, both matches against Chelsea and the final) and lots of games that season such as Hull away etc 

• Like 1

The most vivid memory I have is walking out of the stadium totally stunned in happiness after the end of the Carlisle match...The gods were on our side for one afternoon.  Antonio tells the story as one of his career highlights.

The worst i've felt is when we have lost to the other side, knowing that the smarmy fkers will never let it go.

Edited by HIGHERSTATE

Mainly the good ones, pointless dwelling on the bad even though in terms of actual results they are more numerous. The good memories though far outweigh the bad ones.

Both.

Way too many to mention them all but in summary.....

League Cup final in 1991, FA Cup finals and semi in 1993, promotion games v Carlisle, Palace, Wycombe, Hartlepool and Bristol City, The Miracle and Wembley last year. Southend 1976, Save our Owls.

I tell fans of Arsenal, Everton, Liverpool who have never known relegation that it is a stronger emotion than winning a trophy. 1990 v Forest sticks out but also some terrible games that season, 5-0 thrashing at Arsenal, 0-1 at home to Wimbledon sticks out for some reason - probably cos dreadful game and a feeling we were going down. Getting relegated with that squad was a disgrace frankly.

Leeds at home in 2000, Newcastle away that season (score involved an 8).

But the games I remember most are those that were often meaningless for most fans but meant something to me because we had a great laugh, an away trip for a weekend (or a week in two cases!) or memories of time with my Dad, who is now watching Wednesday from above with Jack. Some above are included but Spora Luxembourg away, Newcastle away 1984, Blackburn at home 1992 and Swindon home 1979 I remember vividly and will take those memories to my grave.

• Love 2

The good ones, as I actively try to relive them by watching the highlights from time to time (I still get a rush from "Flynnnnnn - THEY'VE DONE IT!). The bad times I try to forget.

For me the good , such as Mark Proctor scoring vs Everton to seal a win which as early teen is etched on n my memory. 

Nothing really special in the scheme of things but for me it was huge as Everton always seemed to beat us , if you started watching in the 90s , beating them happened quite frequently.