Personal Reg Plate

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

No

Just personal car plates

They’re a cry for help

Mine is an extension of my desire for everyone to know that I'm a Wednesdayite.... so, yeah, you're right, tbf.... HELP!!! 😭

There'll be various other motivations for personalised plates though, I suppose. 

I've got another that used to be on my dad's rally car. It doesn't say anything or have anyone's initials in it or anything like that, but it means something to me.

Different people like different things, I suppose. 

e.g. as crazy as this is to believe, some people like rugby more than football. 🤪

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Geörge Whitebread said:

Mine is an extension of my desire for everyone to know that I'm a Wednesdayite.... so, yeah, you're right, tbf.... HELP!!! 😭 

No that's what you're TELLING us it is

In reality, psychologically it's a cry for help

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

15 minutes ago, Snelldog said:

In what sense?   I don’t have one myself but can’t quite understand the motivation to be deliberately mean about a group of people because of the registration plate they choose?  

Are we now going to have a campaign group starting up to get car reg critics cancelled?

ffs

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

41 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

One of the greatest TV showed I ever watched was a BBC (I think) documentary about a middle-aged bloke who owned N5GEL or something like that.

The programme consisted of him tracking down and meeting each Nigel above him in the personal reg food chain, until he was finally brought face-to-face with his nemesis, an unbearably smug git known as N1GEL.

It was a fascinating study in male obsession and middle-aged futility.

Why would you want to advertise that your name is Nigel WTF:

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

53 minutes ago, Buck Rogers said:

I love seeing all the Owls number plates on a matchday, especially when we have the big games like at Wembley and seeing them all going down the M1. 
It's just another form of personalisation like a tattoo, choice of clothes or hairstyle etc..

Yep. It's a bit worrying though when you see the front plate  - "is it him or me that's going the wrong way"

• Haha 2

49 minutes ago, myredmx5 said:

I'm 66, drive an MX5 and my plate is MX54MXS,  the plate didn't cost much and is a bit of fun. However, I do have a serious mental issue which is that I've been an Owls fan for 60 years and problems don't come much worse than that!

Doesnt your car say Mazda mx5 on the back anyway ? 

• Haha 2

The trade used to call them vanity plates.   There's nothing wrong with them.   Anyone that drives a prestige or big engined car is saying something about themselves.

If Neil is comfortable in himself, driving a 15 year old Nissan Micra and doesn't care who know, then all cudos to him. 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Never really appealed to me, but I'm 25 years (I think!) away from my ideal registration. I'll be 68 at that point so may well be in a late life crisis! The number plate is my postcode area - KA9. So, I'd want KA90 WLS. I don't think there are many (any!) Owls fans that share my postcode, so I should get it! 😆

Edited by oh_weds_we_love_you
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, GoldGigsChris said:

The trade used to call them vanity plates.   There's nothing wrong with them.   Anyone that drives a prestige or big engined car is saying something about themselves.

If Neil is comfortable in himself, driving a 15 year old Nissan Micra and doesn't care who know, then all cudos to him. 😉

QASHQAI - ACTUALLY

ffs

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Owlstalk Shop